DSSCA
    DSSCA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1844

What is the best source for footage?

Outside of being able to simply watch and record all the events on a DVR, what is the best place to go for fight footage? I seem to have trouble with the obvious YouTube. Any suggestions? Thank you.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Newsgroups and torrents.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Many of the prelims a basically impossible to get on torrent..

kripsak
    kripsak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3693

If I can't find a fight, I'll go off of Sherdog's Play by Play on the event. The Play by Play is a little biased, but that's a last resort for myself.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Many of the prelims a basically impossible to get on torrent..
    You're on the wrong torrent site friend. I've got facebook prelims for pretty much every card ever.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by kripsak View Post
    If I can't find a fight, I'll go off of Sherdog's Play by Play on the event. The Play by Play is a little biased, but that's a last resort for myself.
    I line up Sherdog's play by play for a fighters last fight against MMAJunkie's for his opponent and make them look like they're fighting eachother.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MD, and Vaughany

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I line up Sherdog's play by play for a fighters last fight against MMAJunkie's for his opponent and make them look like they're fighting eachother.

DSSCA

You're on the wrong torrent site friend. I've got facebook prelims for pretty much every card ever.
    Which site do you use?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by DSSCA View Post
    Which site do you use?
    Probably the one I PM'd you yesterday.

DSSCA

Probably the one I PM'd you yesterday.
    Sorry man, didn't even realize I had a PM. Thanks.

nlin
    nlin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nunya or DSSCA, could I get a PM forward?

Please and thank you.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

sent

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Me three???

Sacrelicious

Sacrelicious

Personally I'm on a private tracker, they have sign ups open to the public from the 1st-3rd of every month.

Your best bet is just to download them, and if needed, load them up onto USB keys. Prelims are totally available on the one I am at, but the seeders for prelims (and especially facebook prelims) usually vanish after a week or two...

goodfellas433
    goodfellas433's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2549

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Just watched a ripped 185'er do some pretty insane grappling techniques with three young ladies maybe weighing in at 110-130.

The chokes were legit as well. Pretty sure the ending is prohibited in regulated fights though.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by goodfellas433 View Post
    Just watched a ripped 185'er do some pretty insane grappling techniques with three young ladies maybe weighing in at 110-130.

The chokes were legit as well. Pretty sure the ending is prohibited in regulated fights though.
    Apparently you've never seen Tim Sylvia vs Assuerio Silva.

goodfellas433
    goodfellas433's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2549

No wonder Tim Sylvia has been banished from the big show....dropping a load on an opponents face is downright disrespectful.... I assume he had full mount? Lol
    But yes, I have heard about Mr poopy pants too haha

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Personally I'm on a private tracker, they have sign ups open to the public from the 1st-3rd of every month.

Your best bet is just to download them, and if needed, load them up onto USB keys. Prelims are totally available on the one I am at, but the seeders for prelims (and especially facebook prelims) usually vanish after a week or two...

USB keys? WTF do you mean? Why would you do that rather than put them on your harddrive? Need a lot of thumbdrives, my collection is over 4 terabytes now.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

USB keys? WTF do you mean? Why would you do that rather than put them on your harddrive? Need a lot of thumbdrives, my collection is over 4 terabytes now.
    Ok, everyone whip out your harddrive so we can find out who has the biggest.

DSSCA

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    I always lose these competitions

kripsak
    kripsak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3693

What's the bulk amount strictly for UFC fights in your collection?

I'm planning on rebuilding my HTPC with more storage.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Bump. Any paysites or something where you can get older prelims?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    SBR is a wasteland for hard-drive analysis

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

You used to be able to stream pretty much everything but in the last year Zuffa has gone full force at getting their videos removed from site. Also, many fighters who are making their big show debuts get videos of their fights from the small shows taken down because they don't want their opponent to be able to tape study them (I heard this directly from the fighters' themselves).

Now, pretty much the only option is torrents. The invite-only sites are the best. You kind find pretty much everything on them.

The best thing to do is get an external hard drive and store all the fights on there so they don't clog your computer (This way you don't have to delete them to free up space and then redownload them at a later time). Then on the external drive, organize all the fights in folders labeled with a the fighter's name and you have your own video on demand library or all the tape you'll ever need (of course makee sure to update the library as new fights happen and videos of them become available).

This is the way I do it. Makes everything very simple and much less of a pain that seeking our videos every time.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    You used to be able to stream pretty much everything but in the last year Zuffa has gone full force at getting their videos removed from site. Also, many fighters who are making their big show debuts get videos of their fights from the small shows taken down because they don't want their opponent to be able to tape study them (I heard this directly from the fighters' themselves).

Now, pretty much the only option is torrents. The invite-only sites are the best. You kind find pretty much everything on them.

The best thing to do is get an external hard drive and store all the fights on there so they don't clog your computer (This way you don't have to delete them to free up space and then redownload them at a later time). Then on the external drive, organize all the fights in folders labeled with a the fighter's name and you have your own video on demand library or all the tape you'll ever need (of course makee sure to update the library as new fights happen and videos of them become available).

This is the way I do it. Makes everything very simple and much less of a pain that seeking our videos every time.
    Nice to see you back.

DSSCA

Great advice, thank you Luca.

Any advice on torrent downloaders? Thank you.

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Nice to see you back.
    Glad to hear

Quote Originally Posted by DSSCA View Post
    Great advice, thank you Luca.

Any advice on torrent downloaders? Thank you.
    I just use uTorrent. There might be better ones but I've never had any issues with it so I never tried any others.

MD

Glad to hear

I just use uTorrent. There might be better ones but I've never had any issues with it so I never tried any others.
    How's the podcast doing since you switched to a paid model? Is it selling as well as you'd hoped?

brokenbrain
    brokenbrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

BitTorrent + torrentz.eu (24 to 72 hours after the fight). Facebook fights, prelims, and main card. Too freakin' easy.

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    How's the podcast doing since you switched to a paid model? Is it selling as well as you'd hoped?
    It's actually doing better than we expected. For the first event we had over double our goal and the second one we had nearly triple.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

fightvideomma .com

MD

It's actually doing better than we expected. For the first event we had over double our goal and the second one we had nearly triple.
    Good to hear that, man. I'm glad that you're getting some success. I was an on-off listener for some time, and while I thought that marketing using the winning percentage of your picks was a bit misleading, I did think you both had quite a few moments of legitimate insight. Why is Adam no longer on the podcast by the way?

1234 Last