MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Hollett/Maldonado o2.5 +105

+105 on pinnacle, huge value here. Maldonado is a brick wall, obviously, but Hollett has some pretty solid head movement and has displayed a good chin in the past. I'd be surprised to see a striker as poor as Maldonado put him away. It's possible he wears him down with bodyshots for the stoppage, but I doubt it.

The one worry I have is actually Hollett; I think it's very possible that he goes for the takedown, and once he does, he could submit Maldonado, or even vice-versa. If this fight doesn't go the distance, it's probably because Maldonado got submitted or Hollett got worn out with body shots, me thinks. That said, I think this goes over 70-75% of the time, so there's plenty of value. I actually pounded the o2.5 on 5D when it opened, as it was around +155, which is insane.

lox it up cuzinz

MD

Line dropped on 5D and Pinnacle. MDTeam moves lines.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Maldonado has an excellent deep half game
    Don't expect any submissions here.
    I know you like to rag on fabio for his poor boxing, but I feel you're overly bias because you're trying to distance yourself from noobs that claim his boxing is top notch.
    He gets hit a lot, mostly while he is jabbing, but he also partially parries most of them with his right hand. He may not have all the boxing game, but he is an excellent puncher. His left hook is crisp and beautiful and he has some good timing with it. He can lead with both hands, and closes distsance particularly well with his left hook.
    I'd still say his boxing is above the curve at lhw

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Maldonado has an excellent deep half game
    Don't expect any submissions here.
    I know you like to rag on fabio for his poor boxing, but I feel you're overly bias because you're trying to distance yourself from noobs that claim his boxing is top notch.
    He gets hit a lot, mostly while he is jabbing, but he also partially parries most of them with his right hand. He may not have all the boxing game, but he is an excellent puncher. His left hook is crisp and beautiful and he has some good timing with it. He can lead with both hands, and closes distsance particularly well with his left hook.
    I'd still say his boxing is above the curve at lhw
    That is silly. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean my opinion is somehow rooted in some sort of elitist pseudo-logic.

That being said, I disagree with almost your entire analysis; I do think his deep-half game is solid though.

Hannibal

There are tons of guys with worse boxing that you don't call out, but you take every opportunity to remind people that maldonado is a terrible boxer

Hannibal

What do you disagree? That he is an excellent puncher?? Surely you dont think he punches with poor mechanics

That his left hook is not a serious weapon? That its not quick and crisp like I mentioned?

You don't notice how he can leap in with a quick left hook??

MD

There are tons of guys with worse boxing that you don't call out, but you take every opportunity to remind people that maldonado is a terrible boxer
    I don't talk about Maldonado often, actually. Almost all of my "overrated striker" rants recently have been towards Vitor.

What do you disagree? That he is an excellent puncher?? Surely you dont think he punches with poor mechanics

That his left hook is not a serious weapon? That its not quick and crisp like I mentioned?

You don't notice how he can leap in with a quick left hook??
    I definitely wouldn't describe Maldonado as "an excellent puncher".

Hannibal

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    That is silly. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean my opinion is somehow rooted in some sort of elitist Jack Slack regurgitation.
    every time i read a jack slack article it's not long until i see you regurgitate some of the key talking points as if you had discovered it yourself and everyone else is blind for missing it

maldonado is no physical specimen.. he's not athletic or explosive, yet his punching mechanics are pretty solid
    probably better than 80% of the division

MD

every time i read a jack slack article it's not long until i see you regurgitate some of the key talking points as if you had discovered it yourself and everyone else is blind for missing it

maldonado is no physical specimen.. he's not athletic or explosive, yet his punching mechanics are pretty solid
    When's the last time Jack Slack wrote an article on Fabio Maldonado? Been quite a while I think. Besides, anyone with two eyes and even a little bit of MMA knowledge can tell that Maldonado isn't a good striker. Jack Slack didn't event watching fights, and he certainly wasn't the first to say that Maldonado's striking is poor.

So the discussion isn't actually rooted in me supposedly wanting to distance myself from MMA noobs, it's rooted in you wanting to distance yourself from "experts" and appear as if you have inside knowledge of striking? I'm coining the term "Jack Slack hipster" just for you.

Hannibal

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    When's the last time Jack Slack wrote an article on Fabio Maldonado? Been quite a while I think. Besides, anyone with two eyes and even a little bit of MMA knowledge can tell that Maldonado isn't a good striker. Jack Slack didn't event watching fights, and he certainly wasn't the first to say that Maldonado's striking is poor.

So the discussion isn't actually rooted in me supposedly wanting to distance myself from MMA noobs, it's rooted in you wanting to distance yourself from "experts" and appear as if you have inside knowledge of striking? I'm coining the term "Jack Slack hipster" just for you.
    wtf are you talking about bro. there is more to attack me on than reversing my own criticism of you
    slack is an excellent combat sports writer, but i dont regurgitate his shit as if it is gospel. I take from it what i can, and ithink he is probably one of the best.

his recent article on boxing in mma mentions maldonado..
    surprise.. you've recently been talking a lot about boxing in mma
    you must feel some embarrassment as i consistently call you out on this

MD

wtf are you talking about bro. there is more to attack me on than reversing my own criticism of you
    slack is an excellent combat sports writer, but i dont regurgitate his shit as if it is gospel. I take from it what i can, and ithink he is probably one of the best.

his recent article on boxing in mma mentions maldonado..
    surprise.. you've recently been talking a lot about boxing in mma
    you must feel some embarrassment as i consistently call you out on this
    Just checked his recent article on boxing. A picture is posted with the subtext:

"The Fabio Maldonado collage of agony returns to show why a fighter shouldn't just walk straight in."

That is the only reference to Maldonado in the entire article, unless ctrl+f is failing me.

You say that you "take from (his articles) what you can", and call him an excellent writer, yet you think that one line of text in an article he posted, in which Maldonado is never otherwise mentioned, is a "key talking point"? Do you even read his articles? Or do you just read the titles and then post the opposite of them on forums so that people will think you've got insider striking knowledge? Hipster as f-ck.

MD

#HouseofWinnerz

MD

Well done MDTeam.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

hit it thanks Homes

visualrealism
    visualrealism's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

2-0 Tailing MDTeam!! Lol.

MD

Let's just hope Rockhold doesn't get put flat on his face and kill MDTeam's buzz.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Great call man.