Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Big money on Kongo tonight

Love this play, can't wait for the fight tonight!

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Love this play, can't wait for the fight tonight!

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

remember when kongo was even odds against shawn jordan? best example of square 'sharps' getting slaughtered.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Say bye to your money.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

He could drag this fight out, get Nelson up against the cage and win on points.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Your name is fitting TS. You're getting Wrecked tonight by an obese diabetic off his meds.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Kongo by decision had crazy value at opener, i took it. Not that far fetched. Also, Roy has had so many concussions that you gotta think his chin will crack eventually as he gets older. Probably not this time, but someone, like say mark hunt (who nelson is calling out) will ko him eventually. Also I cant back anyone who doesn't take their diet seriously.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Kongo by decision had crazy value at opener, i took it. Not that far fetched. Also, Roy has had so many concussions that you gotta think his chin will crack eventually as he gets older. Probably not this time, but someone, like say mark hunt (who nelson is calling out) will ko him eventually. Also I cant back anyone who doesn't take their diet seriously.
    Pretty much. That's inevitable with most fighters. People constantly overrate chin as a factor when considering susceptibility to knockouts, technique is far more important. Far more important. Anderson Silva doesn't avoid KO's by eating punches; he let Bonnar tee off on him and simply rolled with them, taking minimal damage. There's no one in MMA with very bad striking defence who can compete at the highest level without inevitably getting knocked out. There's only so much trauma the human body can take. I'd say the ratio of importance between striking defence and chin when it comes to avoiding getting KO'd is around 80:20.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Pretty much. That's inevitable with most fighters. People constantly overrate chin as a factor when considering susceptibility to knockouts, technique is far more important. Far more important. Anderson Silva doesn't avoid KO's by eating punches; he let Bonnar tee off on him and simply rolled with them, taking minimal damage. There's no one in MMA with very bad striking defence who can compete at the highest level without inevitably getting knocked out. There's only so much trauma the human body can take. I'd say the ratio of importance between striking defence and chin when it comes to avoiding getting KO'd is around 80:20.
    There are bizarre exceptions to this rule though.

See: Carlos Condit.

But, mostly this is correct.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Nelson has way more chin than defense, he nearly got his head taken off by Dos Santos and Werdum probably the only guy in the UFC able for them kind of shots. Has to be the beard.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post

Carlos is a freakin freak tho brahhhh! different species!

And has cardioooooo for daaaayyyyyyyyyzzz

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post

Condit got rocked badly by Ellenberger and almost finished. Hendricks hurt him, too. For all of his reputation as a great striker, he has poor hands, and it shows. If he sticks around long enough and doesn't shore up the holes in his game, someone will KO him. Definitely a great chin though.

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

I disagree, IMO nelson is the BIG play here tonight. He's been on fire lately and he knocks out everybody he fights. I kinda thought this was a no brainer? :/ oh well, I'll be playing nelson and getting paid.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by shabang View Post
    I disagree, IMO nelson is the BIG play here tonight. He's been on fire lately and he knocks out everybody he fights. I kinda thought this was a no brainer? :/ oh well, I'll be playing nelson and getting paid.
    Two bad strikers with low fight IQ, one of whom has a 9-inch reach edge and is strongly​ on the decline, and one of whom is really short and has bad cardio, and a good shot of finding the knockout, but also a good shot at being grinded against the fence for three rounds. No idea why you'd think either side is easy money.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your money won't be so big after the Kongo fight.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Any one think there's value on Nelson winning by decision (at almost +700)?

Not the obvious choice -- but the fact that I think Kongo is going to run the entire time and try to avoid the the big shots. I can see the fighting going to the judges and the judges could give it to Nelson by being the aggressor.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Any one think there's value on Nelson winning by decision (at almost +700)?

Not the obvious choice -- but the fact that I think Kongo is going to run the entire time and try to avoid the the big shots. I can see the fighting going to the judges and the judges could give it to Nelson by being the aggressor.
    Hmmm...kinda like it.

MD

Why are you all so confident in Nelson? Both of these guys are pretty bad. You're going to get horribly burned paying the juice on a guy like Nelson eventually. Nelson has bad striking, bad wrestling and only wants to brawl, all the time. Frank Mir bullied him in the clinch and avoided the knockout shot. He could easily get a ten-second KO, and he could easily get grinded against the fence for fifteen minutes.

Silly.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Oh not at all confident. But hell half a unit? Dont chu kno im loco?

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

LOL

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

What you fail to account for is that even if you crack Roy's chin, he's still got two more.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NunyaBidness

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Guess you'll never back the HW champ!

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Yeah, come on you magnificent chocolate mountain of a man, grind this homeless blob into dust! BLACK POWER!
    Last edited by mirinquads; 04-27-13 at 05:50 PM.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Or legkick him into dust at least

CaDDyy
    CaDDyy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Why are you all so confident in Nelson? Both of these guys are pretty bad. You're going to get horribly burned paying the juice on a guy like Nelson eventually. Nelson has bad striking, bad wrestling and only wants to brawl, all the time. Frank Mir bullied him in the clinch and avoided the knockout shot. He could easily get a ten-second KO, and he could easily get grinded against the fence for fifteen minutes.

Silly.
    LOL

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

We'll see...

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Silly.
    I like Nelson in this fight a lot.

However, there is a reason why it is one of my smallest bets of the night...

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I think if you like Nelson, your best bet is Nelson in rd 1 at +200. If he gets the KO, he likely gets it early. The longer it goes, the more nut shots Kongo can get in.

bjpenn85

that made me lol

bjpenn85

Hard to call big country a bad striker. 6 wins 6 Kos with the exact same punch

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

damn dude, that was a quick

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

nice bet...hate to be the first one to say I told you so

MD

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Hard to call big country a bad striker. 6 wins 6 Kos with the exact same punch
    LOL.