TheCrow
    TheCrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Ronda Rousey vs Cat Zingano for December 2013

first of all i am not a ronda rousey fan. Honestly i was a big supporter of her before she reached 10,000 followers leading up to the miesha tate fight on showtime. I was very glad that she won and it was a great fight. However soon after she started to rub shoulders with middleeasy and the diaz brothers. And then later on last year and well into the new year, you can google ronda rousey, gsp and find out exactly why i am not a fan of her. Yes Georges St. Pierre is my idol but that's another thread.

i really liked for cat zingano to be the one to beat ronda rousey, however leading up to the fight with miesha tate, i started to shake my head. There were a couple of things that bothered me with respect to her beating ronda rousey to become a new champion. In the interviews leading up to the miesha tate fight on tuf finale, she had stated that she is not good at following gameplans and doing what her coaches tell her to do in the corner. This is huge with me.

What do you think is the way to beat ronda rousey? the answer that many fans will give who want her to get beat is for cat zingano to stand up, utilize the clinch, knees, and elbows right? NO NO NO NO NO! at least not in the beginning rounds. i am so pissed off thinking that this might be what cat zingano is telling herself. This might be what her coaches are telling her to do. ronda rousey is going to think nothing but takedown or throw, to get the fight to the ground. It was said that the striking in women's mma has not evolved high enough and that they would pretty much cancel each other out. i further agree with this because cat zingano has a chin and being that rousey has venezuelan blood in her, i'll give her the benefit of a doubt that she'll be able to take zingano strikes early in the fight at least.

If cat zingano was a member of an intelligent fight camp like the tri star gym in montreal, guarantee you they are telling her takedown, takedown, and takedown. The striking of cat zingano is just not good enough to risk bad position on the ground vs ronda rousey. rousey has shown to be very sloppy and unorthodox on the ground because of her judo background but she is smart enough to train for any elbows or knees from cat zingano for her fight camp. Miesha was able to get cat on the ground into a possible arm bar and leg lock. This was also something i did not like seeing from cat zingano. miesha wasn't able to finish the arm bar attempt because of the escape by zingano but there's no way that rousey would ever let her off the hook in that situation. Zingano lost the first 2 rounds because she knew she had the better striking vs miesha but it wasn't good enough early on.

It was still a really great fight as far as cat vs miesha and yes it was great to make money with the 3rd round comeback by cat, but i am not so sure she can follow the gameplan let alone her coaches. the striking of rousey will do nothing, just eat whatever she gives you and be the first one to take her down. This whole fight should honestly be about positioning. Will cat zingano be afraid to go to the ground at all times with rousey for fear of getting arm bared? if so she has already lost the fight. cat has bjj skills in addition to wrestling, there's no doubt you have got to put rousey on her back, keep her there and get those elbows rolling. if cat zingano wants to stand and utilize her strikes, then wait till the later rounds to get that tko since this should be a 5 round fight but she needs to establish herself by proving she can control ronda rousey on the ground.

I'm not confident about betting anything in this fight right now. I've even thought of the propositions for this fight and again, nothing stands out but there is still a lot of time before this fight happens.

I will be watching the tuf 18 in september, i have not become emotionally invested this hard since tuf 12 with st pierre and koscheck. I think that shayna baszler is the early on favorite to win the show but i think jessamyn duke can take her out and if she does, jessamyn duke will be the first women's ultimate fighter. If those 2 weren't selected at the very least, i would be appalled.

What this basically means for me as far as ronda rousey goes is that i am not really expecting much out of cat zingano like i did before. I have however set my sights a little more on Sara Mcmann. I'm going to watch all her fights again as much as possible including the grappling match she had with miesha tate. Sara Mcmann also trains at tri star gym from time to time and that also peaks my interest.

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

TheCrow
    TheCrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post
    "if your hand is bigger than your face that means you have cancer"