Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by hannibal View Post
    haha i hate to admit it but..
    Rim job + simultaneous hand job + drugs = a hell of a time
    word.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Anyway, to answer the question posed in the thread title, yes, I consider Frank Mir to be at +350 and above.

In future, check BFO.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    I personally do, but wanna hear opinions
    RUSSIAN Rocket you seem like a cool guy so I'm going to put my opinion in terms you can relate to. Betting on Mir is about as good of an idea as Brezhnev deciding to invade Afghanistan in December of 1979. It was The Soviet Union's Vietnam and because of the invasion, America or to be more precise Zbigniew Brzezinski (AKA The White Ghost) created Al-Qaeda. Which is the boogeyman used on gullible American adults. Do everything that Homeland Security says or Al-Qaeda is going to get you! Oops, kinda went off on a tangent didn't I.....
    Points Awarded:

Russian Rocket gave Ron_Paul_2012 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    RUSSIAN Rocket you seem like a cool guy so I'm going to put my opinion in terms you can relate to. Betting on Mir is about as good of an idea as Brezhnev deciding to invade Afghanistan in December of 1979. It was The Soviet Union's Vietnam and because of the invasion, America or to be more precise Zbigniew Brzezinski (AKA The White Ghost) created Al-Qaeda. Which is the boogeyman used on gullible American adults. Do everything that Homeland Security says or Al-Qaeda is going to get you! Oops, kinda went off on a tangent didn't I.....
    about fukking time someone explained to me in plain English why I shouldn't bet on Mir

nlin
    nlin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    about fukking time someone explained to me in plain English why I shouldn't bet on Mir

lmao

MonkeyMoney
    MonkeyMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 806

haha love it.. #joerogan

i see DC winning by ko\tko.. mir will be much slower then the very active striking\wrestling of dc..

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

I'm on Cormier but I'm not ultra confident.

2 things worry me

The fact Mir is with Jackson and training with some of the best guys in the world.

It's a heavyweight fight. Anyone that gets hit by a trained fighter who weighs 250 lbs at the right angle will get KOED

MonkeyMoney

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    I'm on Cormier but I'm not ultra confident.

2 things worry me

The fact Mir is with Jackson and training with some of the best guys in the world.

It's a heavyweight fight. Anyone that gets hit by a trained fighter who weighs 250 lbs at the right angle will get KOED

very solid points but i think mir is past his prime and simply he never faced a challenger like cormier!! if mir is not careful he can get slammed by the wilder beast wrestler! and about dc getting koed.. i think he is very well conditioned and that makes it less likely to get rocked or koed plus he has great movements both footwork and head movements

.. and mir is pretty slow in my mind compared to dc..

i am pretty confident to throw him in parlays

MonkeyMoney

i just heard dana say that Cormier told mir at the staredown "you're in big trouble"

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Gabe schooling someone in gambling theory. I don't even know what's going on in this thread any more.
    lol crazy shiit is happening all over the world

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Cormier to win by either TKO or decision.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Cormier to win by either TKO or decision.
    lol

Cody Mckenzie to win by either submission....or submission

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Gunshard, awaiting speed analysis, have you had time to run the highlights side by side?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMoney View Post
    i just heard dana say that Cormier told mir at the staredown "you're in big trouble"

MonkeyMoney

here is a good parlay i am on for today and tomorrow (ufc)

blackhawks - reds - yankees+1.5 - texas rangers - mendez - benevidez - mein - cormier - bendo

bol everybody

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

On Mir here. Can win and should not be underdog imo.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    On Mir here. Can win and should not be underdog imo.
    Are you insane pally?

I cap Cormier -2500. Only chance Mir has is if Cormier slips on a banana peel.

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

Cormier has ridiculous hand speed and accuracy. Barnett is a much better boxer than Mir, but Mir probably hits harder. It will be interesting to see if Mir can change the outcome of the fight if he catches DC flush.

Also, Barnett was landing a lot of knees to the body on Cormier when they clinched. Cormier was vulnerable for that. I read a couple of interviews, and DC was actually saying he expected clinching and knees to be part of Mir's game plan. Cormier said Mir is bigger than him, and might try to hold him against the cage. Mir is pretty good with knees, and also has higher knees than Barnett; he kod Crocop and landed a lot on Roy. Cormier is obviously going to try to prevent any of this from happening, but doesn't mean he'll be fully successful.

Mir's also been talking shit saying Cormier has no finishing ability. Mir has a tendency to fold when hit, like when trying to submit Ron Waterman, and he turtled after being punched twice by Vera, but that was after Mir's injury. But he did make it into the second round against Brock in the rematch, and wasn't completely out when JDS floored him, he just couldn't get back up. I doubt Mir will have the same reaction to getting hit from Cormier as that punch from JDS, and Mir should be able to defend on the ground.

Cormier responded to Mir saying that he won't go for the finish, and he's going to punish Mir over 15 minutes so the only way fight ends is if Mir quits. I'm hoping DC stays true to his word.

I bet DC by decision @ 5.75 hedged against Mir straight. You can't bet large when counting on Mir not to get tkod/fold when hit though.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Are you insane pally?

I cap Cormier -2500. Only chance Mir has is if Cormier slips on a banana peel.
    People said the same thing about overated overeem. Mir is a great fighter. No way should he be this mush of an underdog with how good he is at submitting and how hard he hits.

Nick Papageorgio

Overreem was just off roids and was up 2-0 entering 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    Overreem was just off roids and was up 2-0 entering 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mir deserves some respect imo and has a chance to win here.

Nick Papageorgio

Mir has a punchers chance vs. a far superior puncher. Nothing more if DC has a good game plan.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I see some value

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    Mir has a punchers chance vs. a far superior puncher. Nothing more if DC has a good game plan.
    He was good in strikeforce but ufc way harder competition. Mir has beaten harder opponents such as roy nelson kongo etc. He can beat this strikeforce chump.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    lol

Cody Mckenzie to win by either submission....or submission
    lol

Nick Papageorgio

Kongo is one of the most fade worthy fighters in the UFC. Roy Nelson is solid though.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

He was good in strikeforce but ufc way harder competition. Mir has beaten harder opponents such as roy nelson kongo etc. He can beat this strikeforce chump.
    I believe Josh Barnett would easily defeat Kongo. Barnett would also defeat Roy "Big Belly Bopper" Nelson. I think triple B would make the fight very competitive. However, Barnett's hand would be raised in the end. What impressed me about Cormier is HOW he beat Barnett.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

People said the same thing about overated overeem. Mir is a great fighter. No way should he be this mush of an underdog with how good he is at submitting and how hard he hits.
    I can't stand when people compare Cormier to Overeem or SF fighters. As if they are all the same. Mir can't get the fight to the ground where his only bread and butter is. That said, it isn't like once it hits the ground...BAM he slaps on a sub. Yes, he is perhaps one if not the best HW at doing so, but it isn't as automatic as people act.

And I don't understand why people think Mir's striking is even decent. It is not. He was absolutely lit up by old man Nog. His one shining moment standing in his whole career is dropping the gatekeeper that is Kongo.

Simply stated, Mir can't get the fight to the ground...and he sucks standing.

Rubber Guard

LOL, you are a UFC troll I see?

DC straight trashed the guy that is currently getting a UFC title shot. Yet you want to act like the UFC has all this talent he hasn't seen? That is a laugh. He trashed the current HW contender. Mir would lose to Bigfoot and Barentt. Where, DC trashed them both.

Ah, the "he is from SF, he hasn't seen UFC talent" opinion.

Demonata

LMFAO talking to people that say Mir sucks standing. He's an ok striker. Also comparing him to overeem is a good comparison since they are very similar. Had all the hype and couldn't beat legit ufc fighters. I see the same thing happening today. Mir is a beast on the ground even on his back. He will get cormier on the ground and pound away to loosen him up for a submission. People talking like Mir is garbage when he's one of the best. I am betting Mir and not even thinking twice about it.

Rubber Guard

He will get DC to the ground? You haven't even watched Cormier fight before. You don't even know what you are talking about. Mir got owned by Nog standing.

Will you come back after Mir gets owned and tell us all about how Mir is still the best ever? Or will you run away and act like you never said he was awesome?

Rubber Guard

If you want to say you see value fine, thats cool. But don't come in here acting like Mir is still elite. Especially when you probably never even watched Cormier fight. By you saying "Mir will get DC to the ground" shows me you are an idiot that is talking out of his ass. Mir has no way of taking Cormier down. Pulling guard would be his best bet.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Alright boys...you obviously all have some valid points on to why Cormier or Mir should be victorious tonight - let the best man win!
    Good luck with your bets comrades

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    If you want to say you see value fine, thats cool. But don't come in here acting like Mir is still elite. Especially when you probably never even watched Cormier fight. By you saying "Mir will get DC to the ground" shows me you are an idiot that is talking out of his ass. Mir has no way of taking Cormier down. Pulling guard would be his best bet.
    You obviously don't know much about Mir it sounds like. He can get anybody to the ground. He is really good at it. Also he is a black belt in karate and Jiu Jitsu. Acting like Cormier is going to be the best person Mir ever had to fight is a joke. Also saying Mir got owned by Nog even though Mir won with the submission of the year kimura means you know absolutely nothing about mir.

First 12345 Last