PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Bellator Owner will eventually go against his word....just like Dana White...

Saunders Head kick KO last thursday....FORMER UFC FIGHTER...

March 21st...Jansen VS Held...Also Fighting? Another former UFC fighter maybe?

Yup Marcus, Irish Hand Grenade " Davis....will be fighting....

BUT HE WONT PICK UP UFC REJECTS!!! LOL.......Come on....You already have and will again..

Just pick the fighters up and stop fuckkn around....

Dana White....When will women fight in the UFC..." NEVER"...lol......then its the headliner...

$ can convince anyone...but I believe picking up these cut UFC fighter would help Bellator as many people know these fighter and are already somewhat following them.....

Think they will get picked up and he will change his mind??

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

there was a ny times article just last week where the president of spike was saying that they dont want to be known as the guys who pick up ufc rejects. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/17/bu...anted=all&_r=0

im sure bjorn wants to pick these guys up, but his hands are probably tied. viacom running the show now.

PaperTrail07

ahhhh thanks for the info.....100%...

That UFC/spike Ordeal must have been bitter

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

yea Rebney said they are not interested in signing Fitch. Even though when the fans voted for that fight earlier this year they chose War Machine

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

There is a big difference between signing a fighter who happened to have a couple fights in the UFC and signing a "UFC fighter".

I think Bellator is being extremely wise in this decision, but it will not show for another 2 or 3 years until they have actually built thier own legit stars. Also, it saves them a ton of money.

I think Viacom is in this for the long run, and I also think that its best if Bellator:UFC is not what TNA:WWE/WCW, just my 2 cents.

Still sucks for Fitch though.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

I don't blame him for not wanting to sign fitch the guy is boring as hell but meticulous in his victories, he would probably wipe out the 170 division and sink Bellator.

It could have been Dana's strategy all along to get Jon Fitch cut so he could go to these other organizations squash their talent and bore their audience to death at the same time. Then when the ship sinks resign him.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    I don't blame him for not wanting to sign fitch the guy is boring as hell but meticulous in his victories, he would probably wipe out the 170 division and sink Bellator.

It could have been Dana's strategy all along to get Jon Fitch cut so he could go to these other organizations squash their talent and bore their audience to death at the same time. Then when the ship sinks resign him.

PaperTrail07

Jon Fitch...assasin for hire

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    there was a ny times article just last week where the president of spike was saying that they dont want to be known as the guys who pick up ufc rejects. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/17/bu...anted=all&_r=0

im sure bjorn wants to pick these guys up, but his hands are probably tied. viacom running the show now.
    I think they will try to get some of them but if the fighter is relevant and has a chance to come back to the UFC they wont be signing with bellator after Eddie's situation.

hobbesITD
    hobbesITD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Realistically, Askren would probably wrestle all over Fitch the same way Maia and Penn did. Bellator's strategy right now seems to be focused on signing promising Russian and Brazilian prospects to three fight contracts. No reason to stop doing that just because Zuffa is firing all their dead weight.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post

Honestly i never thought the guy was a great wrestler at all. He outwrestled a bunch of guys who couldn't wrestle. His chin is what got him a ton of wins cause guys would smash it and he would keep on going. I was kinda stunned when Johnny Hendricks finally got thru that granite chin of his. Even when he beat the up and coming Silva. He just out wrestled the kid who couldn't wrestle and grind-ed him out. Look at his last twelve fights. He beat two guys who could wrestle. Pierce which was a 3 round decision and Diego which was a split decision and Diego isn't the greatest of wrestlers. The other guys couldn't wrestle at all and the two who could GSP and Hendricks both smashed him.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 02-25-13 at 06:51 PM.