pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

25 hard earned units on this parlay...

Jose Aldo -240 + Alistair Overeem -360...

I don't expect either fighter to even make my heart beat fast at any time during the fight...

I may be wrong, but I think Aldo is just too fast to be taken and held down for multiple rounds and I believe Edgar's legs will get kicked similar to Faber's when he fought Aldo. Aldo is a little mix of Anderson and BJ Penn in their primes. Jiu-jitsu, quickness, killer instinct, fast hands, brutal knees, and pretty humble. It's very likely that Aldo doesn't finish Edgar because he gets tired, but I'd be surprised to see Edgar take 3 out of 5.

Overeem is quicker, bigger, stronger, better, more technical, and hungrier than Antonio Silva. Bigfoot also has a somewhat weak chin. I expect Overeem to win in the 1st round and call out Cain. If Cain somehow takes Overeem down, lays on him, and Overeem gets tired, he can win, but that's very unlikely.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Aldo is not humble, and he's no where near as good a striker as Anderson, nor does he have the jiu jitsu of Penn. I agree he wins this rather decisively, though.

Overeem is going to destroy​ Bigfoot Silva. I feel like I shouldn't even bet on it because of my unnervingly high level of confidence.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Aldo is not humble, and he's no where near as good a striker as Anderson, nor does he have the jiu jitsu of Penn. I agree he wins this rather decisively, though.

Overeem is going to destroy​ Bigfoot Silva. I feel like I shouldn't even bet on it because of my unnervingly high level of confidence.
    reem is going to find that chin rather quickly and frequently

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

With Overeem one has to always suspect tank issues, and head issues. Not that it's a very current thing, but the guy has shown tendency to lose his balls when stuff doesn't go his way back in japan and in his LHW days. I'm also still kind of shocked Silva beat Fedor. Not really in the fact that Silva did beat Fedor, but the fashion he did it. Whole new ballgame in this fight and all, but still...while I do feel Overeem will smash Silva, this wouldn't be the first time I've underestimated him. I did make some money off Browne-Silva but in retrospect that was fool's luck.

That said, I've gone heavy on Overeem as well and like you, I'm confident on it. I wouldn't bet the house on it, but then again I live on rent...

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

I am not so confident about Aldo, Edgar can very well get a decision, Aldo will need to Tko/ko him if he wanna keep his belt.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Digo View Post
    I am not so confident about Aldo, Edgar can very well get a decision, Aldo will need to Tko/ko him if he wanna keep his belt.

Sacrelicious

Edgar is the play at these lines, and the line will only get better.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Not sure why I put that there. Just felt like it was needed.

Sacrelicious

A picture is worth a thousand words, I reckon.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post
    Jose Aldo -240 + Alistair Overeem -360...

I don't expect either fighter to even make my heart beat fast at any time during the fight...

I may be wrong, but I think Aldo is just too fast to be taken and held down for multiple rounds and I believe Edgar's legs will get kicked similar to Faber's when he fought Aldo. Aldo is a little mix of Anderson and BJ Penn in their primes. Jiu-jitsu, quickness, killer instinct, fast hands, brutal knees, and pretty humble. It's very likely that Aldo doesn't finish Edgar because he gets tired, but I'd be surprised to see Edgar take 3 out of 5.

Overeem is quicker, bigger, stronger, better, more technical, and hungrier than Antonio Silva. Bigfoot also has a somewhat weak chin. I expect Overeem to win in the 1st round and call out Cain. If Cain somehow takes Overeem down, lays on him, and Overeem gets tired, he can win, but that's very unlikely.
    Overeem is "hungrier" than Bigfoot?! How do you know tht? Is there a horse meat shortage at the moment

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    With mazaggati reffing and Byrd judgin money should pour in on the jersey rodent

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Digo View Post
    I think the same could have been said in regards to Aldo-Faber or Aldo-Brown. If Edgar also manages to get his legs faberized from under him in the early rounds, it's not that hard to see Aldo taking a decision. To be honest I see that as the most likely option, as Edgar is a resilient SOB and really hard to finish.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Overeem is "hungrier" than Bigfoot?! How do you know tht? Is there a horse meat shortage at the moment
    His integrity was exposed with the juice he took...he's gotta be angry...I believe Dana has this set-up for Overeem to win easily. Power + weak chin = brutal ko. Silva isn't quick by any means. He beat Fedor because Fedor was sloppy and exchanged with a reach and weight disadvantage. I don't "know" this, but I know that Bigfoot hasn't looked hungry since that fight.

pouyasophy

Edgar would worry me, but he doesn't have the speed advantage in this fight he usually does and I expect him to be a bit sluggish after the extra weight he's not used to losing....so I also think Aldo can possibly take a decision.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

His integrity was exposed with the juice he took...he's gotta be angry...I believe Dana has this set-up for Overeem to win easily. Power + weak chin = brutal ko. Silva isn't quick by any means. He beat Fedor because Fedor was sloppy and exchanged with a reach and weight disadvantage. I don't "know" this, but I know that Bigfoot hasn't looked hungry since that fight.
    you do know bigfoot has power too and Reem has a weak chin also

Fenster
    Fenster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should be Rashad + Overeem

Boxscout
    Update your status
    Boxscout's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure Overeem will win. but I very strongly disagree with this point. If I know for a fact that I guy was on roids when he looked his best, and I know with a high degree of certainty that he no longer has that advantage, that is a big mark against him.

See, for example, every MLB player who has a career season in the last year of a contract, gets paid and then goes back to being mediocre.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Edgar is training with Barbosa and just fought Henderson twice. He neutralized Hendersons kicks and will do the same thing with Aldo's. Really, is Aldo's kicks that much more impressive than Barbosa or Hendersons? There are guys out there that can neutralize kicks. Guys like Edgar and Ross Pearson are two of the best. Guys like Marquart, Uriah, and Homineck are not to good at it. Edgar has to worry about the knees of Aldo. My opinion this should be an even fight. Aldo has holes in his boxing game and will be fighting a guy who can box and finally comes with other tools in his belt. Frankie will not run around the ring like Mendes desperately trying for take-downs because he has that much confidence in his hands. He gets them when the opportunity is there. Styles make fights and this is the style i feel can beat Aldo. The whole package. I will take the world class wrestler with nice hands and excellent cardio, against a guy who's foot may be a little banged up possibly suspect cardio, and fighting a guy with the whole package who beat or stayed with any guy at 155 including Penn who was destroying everyone at 155. Frankie is not gonna get caught with a knee going after a desperate take-down. Kid is to smart.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Edgar is training with Barbosa and just fought Henderson twice. He neutralized Hendersons kicks and will do the same thing with Aldo's. Really, is Aldo's kicks that much more impressive than Barbosa or Hendersons? There are guys out there that can neutralize kicks. Guys like Edgar and Ross Pearson are two of the best. Guys like Marquart, Uriah, and Homineck are not to good at it. Edgar has to worry about the knees of Aldo. My opinion this should be an even fight. Aldo has holes in his boxing game and will be fighting a guy who can box and finally comes with other tools in his belt. Frankie will not run around the ring like Mendes desperately trying for take-downs because he has that much confidence in his hands. He gets them when the opportunity is there. Styles make fights and this is the style i feel can beat Aldo. The whole package. I will take the world class wrestler with nice hands and excellent cardio, against a guy who's foot may be a little banged up possibly suspect cardio, and fighting a guy with the whole package who beat or stayed with any guy at 155 including Penn who was destroying everyone at 155. Frankie is not gonna get caught with a knee going after a desperate take-down. Kid is to smart.
    we`ve had our moments through the years but i couldn`t agree more...well said..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Wonder how Frankie feels being called "a kid" seeing as he's 31....Uncle Dana always calls him a kid as well!

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    you do know bigfoot has power too and Reem has a weak chin also
    Not a weak chin...lack of heart maybe but not exactly a weak chin. Antonio's is made of glass, however.

pouyasophy

Good luck Thor. I personally don't think running around the octagon playing defense for 5 rounds wins fights (neither did the judges when Edgar fought Henderson), but apparently, running and playing patty-cake for 5 rounds does win some fights (Edgar vs Penn) and Diaz vs Condit.

I understand how some like to bet on boring wrestlers because they're conservative and the only way they lose may be a flash ko, but I don't except Edgar to eek out a decision by playing run and gun for 5 rounds. I personally think Aldo's underrated and top 3 pound 4 pound...but hey, some people think not top 20 fighters are better than top 3 fighters. It's all subjective.

Thor4140

Good luck Thor. I personally don't think running around the octagon playing defense for 5 rounds wins fights (neither did the judges when Edgar fought Henderson), but apparently, running and playing patty-cake for 5 rounds does win some fights (Edgar vs Penn) and Diaz vs Condit.

I understand how some like to bet on boring wrestlers because they're conservative and the only way they lose may be a flash ko, but I don't except Edgar to eek out a decision by playing run and gun for 5 rounds. I personally think Aldo's underrated and top 3 pound 4 pound...but hey, some people think not top 20 fighters are better than top 3 fighters. It's all subjective.
    Ask Maynard about those patty cake shots in their last fight. A big guy that got knocked out and left on queer sheet. He also knocked down Henderson a few times. He also was fighting elite competition. Guys way bigger than him. We might just see Frankie floor Aldo and ask him to get back up and fight. When u are the size of this kid and refusing to drop in weight cause he wants to fight bigger guys and actually handling all of them, you won't be intimidated by Aldo. If this goes five i would hate to be in Aldo's shoes. I think Frankie could go ten. Aldo catches a big knee he looks like the animal everyone thinks he is. Odds to me just tell me it is Frankie or nothing.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

anybody here think Aldo could hang with Henderson like Frankie...and i don't think ANYBODY on the planet exhibits a better combination of chin and heart

recall the brutal drubbing he took in round 1 from Maynard in #2...and the mule-kick he took from Henderson in round 1 of their first fight...game over for anyone but him...the amazing "energizer bunny"/timex watch (takes a licking and still keeps ticking...)

my money for the most entertaining fighter on the planet

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1950

I prefer a Aldo + Cormier parlay.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    anybody here think Aldo could hang with Henderson like Frankie...and i don't think ANYBODY on the planet exhibits a better combination of chin and heart

recall the brutal drubbing he took in round 1 from Maynard in #2...and the mule-kick he took from Henderson in round 1 of their first fight...game over for anyone but him...the amazing "energizer bunny"/timex watch (takes a licking and still keeps ticking...)

my money for the most entertaining fighter on the planet
    Try not to let Dana know this but i would prolly pay two hundred to watch this fight on PPV.

pouyasophy

Ask Maynard about those patty cake shots in their last fight. A big guy that got knocked out and left on queer sheet. He also knocked down Henderson a few times. He also was fighting elite competition. Guys way bigger than him. We might just see Frankie floor Aldo and ask him to get back up and fight. When u are the size of this kid and refusing to drop in weight cause he wants to fight bigger guys and actually handling all of them, you won't be intimidated by Aldo. If this goes five i would hate to be in Aldo's shoes. I think Frankie could go ten. Aldo catches a big knee he looks like the animal everyone thinks he is. Odds to me just tell me it is Frankie or nothing.
    Mediocre Maynard? Elite? A one-dimensional wrestler who thinks he's a striker? Old Fat BJ? Elite?

We'll see how fast he runs from his opponents with a lower body fat percentage....

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Reem will still be on PEDs, he just won't get caught again.

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

Playing devil's advocate here, but Bigfoot tends to lose to smaller mobile opponents who have good boxing on the inside, such as Mike Kyle, Cormier, he also got knocked out by Pele. On the other hand, he actually out boxed Arlovski, who is a pretty good striker, the only person to knock out Roy Nelson. Also he was outstriking Werdum, who was probably a reasonable striker at the time, until he hurt his hand.

Overeem has almost no mobility, so he can only get a knock out if you stand in front of him, like Duffee did. Werdum kept flopping to his back after failing take downs so escaped that. Gokhan Saki was beating him with one arm.

If Bigfoot jabs and runs I think he may be able to win. Overeem isn't able to move enough to get inside Bigfoot's reach, but could stop Bigfoot if Bigfoot exchanges for too long.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not a weak chin...lack of heart maybe but not exactly a weak chin. Antonio's is made of glass, however.
    Trust me, Silva could end reems world with one shot

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

i have to believe value is with edgar
    edgar's quick and has a wresting ability to take down aldo and grind out a decision though i can also see aldo defending takedown attempts and knocking out edgar

+210 or more on a guy who beat bj penn is very tempting

JKD
    JKD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Frankie's gotta be the most underrated fighter of all time, I can't countenance a play on Aldo in this fight at all; it should really be Edgar or pass on this. It's a tricky fight for Frankie cuz he's going from being the smaller quicker fighter as he usually is, to probably being the slightly slower and bigger fighter... but still, I don't think Aldo's even all that proven at this point in his career, what's his best win? Decisioning a half-crippled Kenny? Sure he leg-kicked the shit outta Faber which seemed like a big deal when Uriah was a big fish in a small pond, but Frankie's so much better in every aspect than Faber it's not even funny - you can't even use that for reference imo. And he's basically dropping down as champion (if the judges were paying attention) from probably the most stacked division in mma history. It'll probably be a competitive decision, neither have ever been finished off the top of my head, Frankie's gonna mix in td's for points and should be able to just about hang in there on the feet.

Also, fully expect Reem to win but I think betting ANY HW at -360 is a terrible idea. Especially when it's a fight between two top 10 fighters.

Not trying to piss on your fire, but if you wanna go retard on two favourites I REALLY don't think these are the right one's to do it on.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by JKD View Post
    Frankie's gotta be the most underrated fighter of all time, I can't countenance a play on Aldo in this fight at all; it should really be Edgar or pass on this. It's a tricky fight for Frankie cuz he's going from being the smaller quicker fighter as he usually is, to probably being the slightly slower and bigger fighter... but still, I don't think Aldo's even all that proven at this point in his career, what's his best win? Decisioning a half-crippled Kenny? Sure he leg-kicked the shit outta Faber which seemed like a big deal when Uriah was a big fish in a small pond, but Frankie's so much better in every aspect than Faber it's not even funny - you can't even use that for reference imo. And he's basically dropping down as champion (if the judges were paying attention) from probably the most stacked division in mma history. It'll probably be a competitive decision, neither have ever been finished off the top of my head, Frankie's gonna mix in td's for points and should be able to just about hang in there on the feet.

Also, fully expect Reem to win but I think betting ANY HW at -360 is a terrible idea. Especially when it's a fight between two top 10 fighters.

Not trying to piss on your fire, but if you wanna go retard on two favourites I REALLY don't think these are the right one's to do it on.
    Good luck to you, despite calling me a retard. For your sake, I hope a guy who has accomplished NOTHING except keeping a bunch of fights close in his career can beat a top 3 p4p fighter in the world. However, I doubt it because Edgar won't seem as mobile or quick against someone who doesn't have to cut weight.

12 Last