The Fobfather
    The Fobfather's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC on Fox 6 - Johnson vs. Dodson

BestFightOdds.com

Really liking this card. Think it'll be really entertaining and hopefully profitable.

My plays so far.

Moderate on Lamas
    Moderate on Petis.

Anxious to see what the other fights open at.

Broxbomber
    Broxbomber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3957

I can't wait for the Pettis vs Cerrone match up. All action stand up war. Both are some of my favorite fights as they always bring it. I would take the bet for this fight to go the distance. Skill level is so close between them.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Glover should be able to win his fight.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Glover will annihilate Rampage.

I've got quite a bit on him.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Glover will annihilate Rampage.

I've got quite a bit on him.
    For your sake of having so much on Glover, I hope Rampage comes in terrible shape so I avoid laying anything on him. If he comes in looking like he has taken this fight seriously, you may be in some serious trouble. Just an opinion but I just don't see anything outside of things on Rampage's side that could make Glover such a lock. At the worst this fight is a serious tossup.

The Fobfather

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    For your sake of having so much on Glover, I hope Rampage comes in terrible shape so I avoid laying anything on him. If he comes in looking like he has taken this fight seriously, you may be in some serious trouble. Just an opinion but I just don't see anything outside of things on Rampage's side that could make Glover such a lock. At the worst this fight is a serious tossup.
    I'm hesitant to lay the juice on Glover. I'm a big fan but worried he might be sucked into a stand up war with Rampage.

Bradbatross
    Bradbatross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Come on now, anyone who thinks Rampage stands a chance against Glover should go re-watch some recent Rampage fights. He's not going to magically turn everything around and become a serious fighter again. I certainly hope the fight stays standing, if it does Rampage is getting knocked out.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by The Fobfather View Post
    I'm hesitant to lay the juice on Glover. I'm a big fan but worried he might be sucked into a stand up war with Rampage.
    He will annihilate Rampage in a stand up war.

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

My pick is Glover, but not at -250. No play.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

lamas? the guy who got KO'ed by alcantara who is facing an even better striker in koch?

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

If Rampage takes this remotely serious he could KO glover. Glover drops his hands too much. Rampage has looked bad lately, but nobody has been trading punches with him... Glover will be the first person to exchange in the pocket with Rampage in a while. KO power is the last thing to go on an old fighter.

Bradbatross

You guys should go watch Glover vs Moldonado again.

The Fobfather

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    lamas? the guy who got KO'ed by alcantara who is facing an even better striker in koch?
    That is a worry. I think its a bad matchup for Koch however. He hasn't been in the octagon since Sept '11 and his last fight against Brookins wasn't impressive to say the least. I can see Lamas doing what Brookins did in controlling that first round against the fence.

omalley21

Quote Originally Posted by Bradbatross View Post
    You guys should go watch Glover vs Moldonado again.
    I remember Maldonado clipping him with a left hook when glover dropped his hands. I also remember Glover not being smart enough to go for a submission on a boxer. I had glover by sub and doesn't complete 2 rounds. penetrate glover.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I find it odd that people keep bringing up the one punch Maldonado landed...as if he exposes Glover's whole game or something...

omalley21

It could only take one punch... I noticed Glover dropped his hands A LOT even before the maldonado fight. Also that his cardio is suspect. He should beat Rampage but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

Bradbatross

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    I remember Maldonado clipping him with a left hook when glover dropped his hands. I also remember Glover not being smart enough to go for a submission on a boxer. I had glover by sub and doesn't complete 2 rounds. penetrate glover.
    Moldonado clipped him after Glover landed around 70 significant punches in less than 5 mins and started to get a little cocky. Rampage wouldnt be able to take a quarter of the abuse that Moldonado took. Glover did go for the submission and almost had it but Moldonado just has to much heart. The only reason that fight went past the first round is because of Moldonado's great chin and his heart.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

word

Spencer19
    Spencer19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Glover is good value.

Judgejoebrwn
    Judgejoebrwn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I like Dodson as that large of an underdog. I think he's just as quick at DJ, but much stronger.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Moldonado clipped him after Glover landed around 70 significant punches in less than 5 mins and started to get a little cocky. Rampage wouldnt be able to take a quarter of the abuse that Moldonado took. Glover did go for the submission and almost had it but Moldonado just has to much heart. The only reason that fight went past the first round is because of Moldonado's great chin and his heart.
    Rampage wouldn't take that sort of damage because he has some sort of striking defense. He also has a comparable chin to Maldonado, hasn't been rocked since the Shad fight.

The Fobfather

I don't like Glover at the current odds. I know Rampage has looked horrible in his last few fights. But none of his opponents in the last few fights have went toe to toe. Bader, Jones, Hamil, Machida.

Bradbatross

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Rampage wouldn't take that sort of damage because he has some sort of striking defense. He also has a comparable chin to Maldonado, hasn't been rocked since the Shad fight.
    Moldonado has a great chin and good heart but it only took two punches to put him on his ass. Glover has serious power, it doesn't matter what kind of defense Rampage has, the shots are getting through. I'm guessing that rampage is going to block a couple shots and then Glover will sneak a nice upper cut in and end the fight.

brokenbrain
    brokenbrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by Judgejoebrwn View Post
    I like Dodson as that large of an underdog. I think he's just as quick at DJ, but much stronger.
    Agreed. I think there's value here. I see it closer to a 'pick em' fight. 2 fast, tiny dudes flying around for 25 minutes - my money's on the dog by Decision.

tbird509
    tbird509's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3256

the play here is pettis,cerone has zero standup power and wont connect any head kicks,this a dime play for me,goodluck if your betting against me

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by tbird509 View Post
    the play here is pettis,cerone has zero standup power and wont connect any head kicks,this a dime play for me,goodluck if your betting against me

tbird509
    tbird509's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3256

pettis would never allow himself to be in the position to be kicked in the face,cerrone did land a nice kick but definetly has zero power from his hands...i like this play alot

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by tbird509 View Post
    pettis would never allow himself to be in the position to be kicked in the face,cerrone did land a nice kick but definetly has zero power from his hands...i like this play alot
    I don't know... Cerrone's hands looked really sharp against Stephens. Arguably sharper than Pettis' have ever looked...

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Moldonado has a great chin and good heart but it only took two punches to put him on his ass. Glover has serious power, it doesn't matter what kind of defense Rampage has, the shots are getting through. I'm guessing that rampage is going to block a couple shots and then Glover will sneak a nice upper cut in and end the fight.
    You really think Glover is going to be the third man in history to finish Rampage? Really? Rampage has been out cold once, even after the annihilation by Shogun he was still conscious. Cmon now.

Sacrelicious

You really think Glover is going to be the third man in history to finish Rampage? Really? Rampage has been out cold once, even after the annihilation by Shogun he was still conscious. Cmon now.
    Glover is a mad finisher.

That being said, finishing rampage is a tossup.

Pick Glover to win, the KO prop is a total gamble.

KushMoney
    KushMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Glover is a mad finisher.

That being said, finishing rampage is a tossup.

Pick Glover to win, the KO prop is a total gamble.
    Fight ends only a couple ways

Rampage "Haha I still got it" Jackson by KO/TKO
    Glover "See I'm as good as Jon Jones and avoided his powershots" Teixeira by SUB
    or
    Glover "Shit, I almost had that negro finished but still dominated that fight" Teixeira

You're welcome.

Sacrelicious

Largely agreed. The KO/TKO by Glover is still a possibility, however this is not a fight I'd prop bet on.

Take Glover as a solid winner, I'm on him so heavy its almost ridiculous. Do not prop bet this fight.

Bradbatross

Well Glover is one of the hardest hitters he's fought so yea, I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped him with a clean strike. It probs wouldn't be a one punch KO but he could drop him and then finish him with strikes or a submission.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Peeps better start pounding the Pettis line for this vid starts getting out more...

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Reading people post about Glover vs Rampage makes me realize how little people actually understand the striking game.
    Points Awarded:

getlucky2win gave MD 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

1234 ... Last