Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I find it odd that people keep bringing up the one punch Maldonado landed...as if he exposes Glover's whole game or something...
    That one punch put him on queer street for a moment and didn't look to be that big of a shot which makes me wonder if his chin is somewhat suspect.

Thor4140

i got to go Rampage here. Back against the wall with a guy who may go toe to toe with him. All this talk about Glover hoping he gets to fight the best Rampage has to have lit a fire in Rmpage. How could it not? Rampage would like nothing better then to leave the UFC with a big win and shove it up Dana's ass possibly looking for a big contraact. Then again Glover may go right for the take-down and totally frustrate Rampage. These odds to me say the only bet here is Rampage.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i got to go Rampage here. Back against the wall with a guy who may go toe to toe with him. All this talk about Glover hoping he gets to fight the best Rampage has to have lit a fire in Rmpage. How could it not? Rampage would like nothing better then to leave the UFC with a big win and shove it up Dana's ass possibly looking for a big contraact. Then again Glover may go right for the take-down and totally frustrate Rampage. These odds to me say the only bet here is Rampage.

Glover has not displayed anywhere near the wrestling ability needed to take down Rampage.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

As I've said numerous times, This fight is Rampage's to lose. If he comes into this fight in shape I just have a hard time seeing anywhere he can lose. Maybe if Glover gets it to the ground and works some of his BJJ but No way does Glover possess the type of grappling needed to get it there. I think for certain you can cross out Glover ko'ing Rampage. I'd say Glover by decision vs Rampage by ko/tko & decision. I'll take +240 with more ways to win all day.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

I'm on glover quite hard. Also on pettis for a moderate amount.

Contemplating a play on Johnson, or at the very least, hitting the over for that.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    I'm on glover quite hard.
    What is he better at than Rampage, and by how much to justify that line?

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    What is he better at than Rampage, and by how much to justify that line?
    The old Rampage who kicked ass in Pride and only lost to elite cometition and a Forrest Griffin in his prime in the UFC? Not much.

The current Rampage who was taken apart by Ryan Bader? Just about everything.

My only concern is Glovers slopiness, but Jackson's career is over. A common theme from the last Fox show was putting over new talent by having them in mismatches against aging veterans in front of a large audience.

Now granted, Jackson isnt that much older then Glover, but I see this being the same deal played over again, this is the real main event of the show. Rampage isnt as washed up as BJ Penn, but his fighting years have caught up with him, the guys career is over.

MD

The old Rampage who kicked ass in Pride and only lost to elite cometition and a Forrest Griffin in his prime in the UFC? Not much.

The current Rampage who was taken apart by Ryan Bader? Just about everything.

My only concern is Glovers slopiness, but Jackson's career is over. A common theme from the last Fox show was putting over new talent by having them in mismatches against aging veterans in front of a large audience.

Now granted, Jackson isnt that much older then Glover, but I see this being the same deal played over again, this is the real main event of the show. Rampage isnt as washed up as BJ Penn, but his fighting years have caught up with him, the guys career is over.
    You seriously need to work on your mindset. Thinking "Rampage is past it, no way he wins" instead of assessing their skill sets and how they match up against each other is not good handicapping.

Sacrelicious

If past history is any indication I should probably listen to you.

MD

Being right before doesn't increase my chances of being right in the future, unfortunately for me. As for this case, you should trust yourself, but make more of an effort to educate yourself. If I were you, I'd take two hours, watch some Glover fights, and some Rampage fights (not the Bader one which he was injured in, preferably), and then if you truly think Glover wins at a high enough percentage to justify your bets, let it ride. If not, hedge it. But really watch. Exclude all of the hype, and don't even consider it. Just look at what you're seeing. The conclusions you'll come to will be really straightforward, as both fighters never evolve and largely fight the same way from fight to fight. Glover and Rampage haven't shown any improvement in quite some time, so what you see is what you get. And what I see is a BJJ phenom with a questionable chin and extremely mediocre striking against a straightforward and predictable but skilled boxer with outstanding takedown defence and a great deal of striking experience. You may see differently.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's really Rampage or nothing. I would never lay a dime on Glover @ -290. If you just can't help yourself wait closer to the fight. No doubt this line will come down. Rampage is the known commodity so the casual gambler will jump all over a Rampage at those odds.
    Last edited by Mercersux; 01-15-13 at 11:31 AM.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Glover has not displayed anywhere near the wrestling ability needed to take down Rampage.
    im well aware of that. Jackson is trilled that he has an opponent to fight his style so it would be in Glovers best interest to attempt a takedown just to fuk with Ramppages head. If he tries one early Rampage will think "what the fuk here we go again" Best move Glover could make to play mental games with a mental midget.

Sacrelicious

Well, onto bigger and better things now that it seems most of the board got ruined by Bisping.

Fragoel2
    Fragoel2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Am I the only one who thinks that Dodson has a chance here? His skills might be a bit lower than those of Mighty Mouse but the guy is a physical freak, huge speed, strength and knockout power.

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by Fragoel2 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Dodson has a chance here? His skills might be a bit lower than those of Mighty Mouse but the guy is a physical freak, huge speed, strength and knockout power.
    No, you are not the only one who thinks that. Im on the fence about the fight right now. Waiting to see what the Dodson by KO line opens at.

Depending on the line, I will likely end up playing Johnson and hedging with Dodson by KO.

flickavic
    Lets Go Skins !!!
    flickavic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I also like Dodson at +185, I like koch at -140, The other odds that are open are untouchable for me. Cerrone, Pettis might be a barn burner if Cerrone gets his head back in the game. All this talk about wanting to be a pro wakeboarder.Every time i hear about Cerrone its about bull riding,wake boarding, shooting guns etc..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by flickavic View Post
    I also like Dodson at +185, I like koch at -140, The other odds that are open are untouchable for me. Cerrone, Pettis might be a barn burner if Cerrone gets his head back in the game. All this talk about wanting to be a pro wakeboarder.Every time i hear about Cerrone its about bull riding,wake boarding, shooting guns etc..
    Dana White ‏@danawhite
    This is what @Cowboycerrone is doing right now! If he gets hurt I'm gonna penetrating kill him!!!...

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Dana White ‏@danawhite
    This is what @Cowboycerrone is doing right now! If he gets hurt I'm gonna penetrating kill him!!!...

Fragoel2
    Fragoel2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Fragoel2 View Post
    i feel this is just like the Rampage fight where the odds determine the wager. These guys are close in talent. It is Dodson or nothing for me.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 01-20-13 at 02:36 PM.

Thor4140

To me if i had to bet the Cerrone fight i would prolly go the nutty cowboy for shear toughness but this is way to close to call and I wouldn't be surprised to see Showtime win. Every time i take Cerrone he fights like a cocky jackass and when im off of him he turns into one of the best fight IQ fighters out there

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

LMAO they've resorted to showing Rampage destroying chumps at Wolfslair again! What is it with Wolfslair and allowing footage to be shown of some random kid getting KO'd by the UFC fighter?! They used to do with Bisping, his Scouse manager would be like "Anybody who thinks Bisping doesnt hit hard is an idiot, he will knock Chris Leben out in the first round", then as he says that they'd show Bisping dropping some poor kid that they've thrown in there to spar with him whilst the countdown crew are filming! I cant think of many other camps who do that?

Thor4140

nice piece. Looks like Rampage is ripped already. Now is he gonna get clipped and check out of the fight or is he gonna go balls to the wall?

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    lol are those trueys?

cerrone fresh to death

rock climbing in designer jeans

only white people i swear

makes you wonder about cowboy

thought he would be more comfortable

in wranglers

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

eligibletackle
    eligibletackle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1656

I've never bet on him big before but I'm going to be all over Pettis

Has to ability to get to Cerrone quick w/ power ala Guilard; striking technique to give cowboy fits; TDD & cardio to nullify the TD game. At the time Guida brought a skill set to the table Pettis couldn't handle (and probably still couldn't handle now - and also might not w/ B.Hendo now w/ more TDs), but it's something Cerrone cannot bring like the others IMO. Hate to use the cliched line from Rogan but Pettis works at more RPMs than Cerrone and that's the biggest difference maker w/ them - add in the fact and that i'll worry about bad matchups w/ Pettis when its vs Maynard or even a Nik Lentz+lbs - not over somebody who was recently seen at a record setting punchingbag to a striker w/ speed akin to pettis.

I fade cowboy a lot but this is the first time i've felt the need to really attack

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Highlight reel analysis?

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

LOL V, you dont forgive even one! That why i love you.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Being right before doesn't increase my chances of being right in the future, unfortunately for me. As for this case, you should trust yourself, but make more of an effort to educate yourself. If I were you, I'd take two hours, watch some Glover fights, and some Rampage fights (not the Bader one which he was injured in, preferably), and then if you truly think Glover wins at a high enough percentage to justify your bets, let it ride. If not, hedge it. But really watch. Exclude all of the hype, and don't even consider it. Just look at what you're seeing. The conclusions you'll come to will be really straightforward, as both fighters never evolve and largely fight the same way from fight to fight. Glover and Rampage haven't shown any improvement in quite some time, so what you see is what you get. And what I see is a BJJ phenom with a questionable chin and extremely mediocre striking against a straightforward and predictable but skilled boxer with outstanding takedown defence and a great deal of striking experience. You may see differently.
    vitor belort. head kicks. Vitor has had way more fights in the ufc without evolving compared to Glover.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Glover being the favourite is justified, especially with the issues Rampage has with just about everything. I still don't see how anyone can put Rampage <30% (which is what the line suggests). After seeing the Maldonado-Teixeira fight I think Rampage does have some value. Rampage doesn't employ the tactic of blocking punches WITH HIS GODDAMN FACE like Maldonado does.

Rampage has good striking, good enough TDD and I'd rather drop a little change on him as opposed to Teixeira with the line that's being put out.

Going to skip Pettis-Cerrone mainly because of the injury spree Pettis has had. If there was anything reasonable stating he is good to go like it was late 2011, I'd be all over it. Betting wise it's not going to be a superb event IMO, some on Koch and the rest is watching it for the entertainment.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    vitor belort. head kicks. Vitor has had way more fights in the ufc without evolving compared to Glover.
    I'm not sure which part of your post is the easiest to argue with; the notion that Vitor somehow improved his game because he kicked Michael Bisping in the head, or the notion that we should use this as a reason to believe that Glover, who fights in the exact same manor in every fight and shows almost no improvement, could show noticeable improvement.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Im gonna wait for the weigh-ins. Really curious to see Jacksons shape and body language.
    I can see a crystal clear KO for Rampage if hes mentally really in there...and doesnt have jacked up knees.

If hes looking good...I might put some dough on the ITD prop for my boy Jackson.

What about the main event? I might throw some cash on Dodson. I like the guy...very athletic. Im seeing u. dec. Dodson.

First 12345 ... Last