Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

UFC 158: St Pierre vs Diaz (

About what I figured, surprised to see rory opened as high as -120.

GSP -400 = free money.

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    GSP -400 = free money.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dig the poster for this ppv. One of the better ones I've seen.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DeFactoCrippler

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Diaz by Omoplata

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rory is just as much a as GSP imo. He will exact his revenge upon Condit, and win decisively. Take the Canadians on this card boys! I think Rory will close at close to -200 so play him early.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    Rory is just as much a as GSP imo. He will exact his revenge upon Condit, and win decisively. Take the Canadians on this card boys! I think Rory will close at close to -200 so play him early.
    More interested in ellenbergers line

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Diaz via TKO Rd. 3

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

im wondering whats the over/under on how many middle fingers diaz throws up when he realizes he has no chance to win this fight after the first round.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Thinking I'm gonna try to head for this one live. Anyone have experience with UFC tickets?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Thinking I'm gonna try to head for this one live. Anyone have experience with UFC tickets?
    events haven't been selling out recently, so you might have luck buying on stubhub at below face value as the event nears.

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    events haven't been selling out recently, so you might have luck buying on stubhub at below face value as the event nears.
    I'm thinking I might spring for floor seats as it'd be my first UFC, can you get those on stubhub?

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

GSP by decision of the night. GSP can't finish anyone in the top 50 of the WW division.

Broxbomber
    Broxbomber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3957

Become a UFC fan club member. I think it costs about $80 for the year. You can buy tickets a day before the public. I got front row upper level for about $150 per ticket.

Also i have booked the Marriott Residence Inn for $150 a night. It has two double beds and a pull out couch so you can have split rooms if it is a guys weekend. It also has a full kitchen (full fridge for beer), dining room table (to play poker) and can have connecting rooms. The is also a buffet hot breakfast. It is within a 10 min walk to the Bell Centre and the rest of downtown. Everything is in walking distance downtown.
    Points Awarded:

Crassus gave Broxbomber 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

I'm thinking I might spring for floor seats as it'd be my first UFC, can you get those on stubhub?
    my advice dude, you're better off going for something in the 2nd level, or the back end of the 1st level. if you are too close to ground level, you will be obstructed by the cage and will find yourself watching a lot of the action on the big screens. my ideal spot is the side of the cage (rather than at an angle, because you will have more obstructions with the cage posts), about 20 rows back. you definitely want to be a little elevated from cage level.

all that said, if you do decide to splurge on floor seats, theres a good chance you will run into clay guida walking around.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Broxbomber View Post
    Become a UFC fan club member. I think it costs about $80 for the year. You can buy tickets a day before the public. I got front row upper level for about $150 per ticket.

Also i have booked the Marriott Residence Inn for $150 a night. It has two double beds and a pull out couch so you can have split rooms if it is a guys weekend. It also has a full kitchen (full fridge for beer), dining room table (to play poker) and can have connecting rooms. The is also a buffet hot breakfast. It is within a 10 min walk to the Bell Centre and the rest of downtown. Everything is in walking distance downtown.
    flight club membership not really worth it if you're buying higher-end seats b/c they wont sell out the first day. imo the membership is worth it if you want to buy the "cheap" seats b/c they are the ones that sell out on day 1. also depends on how many tickets you plan to buy. if you're splitting the membership between 8 people, then it isnt so bad. or if you plan on going to more than 1 event per year.

imo, it better to just find the newsletter password, which is free, and buy tickets on day 2.

Broxbomber

flight club membership not really worth it if you're buying higher-end seats b/c they wont sell out the first day. imo the membership is worth it if you want to buy the "cheap" seats b/c they are the ones that sell out on day 1. also depends on how many tickets you plan to buy. if you're splitting the membership between 8 people, then it isnt so bad. or if you plan on going to more than 1 event per year.

imo, it better to just find the newsletter password, which is free, and buy tickets on day 2.
    Yeah, I agree on the fight club. I was buying cheap ($150) tickets for 8 guys so the membership only added $10 per person.

Crassus

Badass dude. I stayed at the embassy suites (down the street) once before and it was awesome. Is it smart to book a hotel this early though? Dunno how large the group is yet, probably around 3-5.

my advice dude, you're better off going for something in the 2nd level, or the back end of the 1st level. if you are too close to ground level, you will be obstructed by the cage and will find yourself watching a lot of the action on the big screens. my ideal spot is the side of the cage (rather than at an angle, because you will have more obstructions with the cage posts), about 20 rows back. you definitely want to be a little elevated from cage level.

all that said, if you do decide to splurge on floor seats, theres a good chance you will run into clay guida walking around.
    I'll take that into account, it would be gay to be like craning your neck at the big screen for $500

Broxbomber

Badass dude. I stayed at the embassy suites (down the street) once before and it was awesome. Is it smart to book a hotel this early though? Dunno how large the group is yet, probably around 3-5.

You can reserve two rooms (each room sleeps 3 in separate beds) and cancel within 48 hours of the event at no charge.

I'll take that into account, it would be gay to be like craning your neck at the big screen for $500
    Thats why I buy the front row upper level for $150. Best value with No obstructions and you are elevated. Section 301 or 319 is the best upper level.

http://www.gotickets.com/venues/qc/bell_centre.php
    Last edited by Broxbomber; 12-18-12 at 06:57 PM.

Broxbomber

Thats why I buy the front row upper level for $150. Best value with obstructions and you are elevated. Section 301 or 319 is the best upper level.

http://www.gotickets.com/venues/qc/bell_centre.php
    You can reserve two rooms (sleeps 3 people each in separate beds). You can cancel 48 hours before the reservation for free. I would reserve now with connecting rooms as there is no downside.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can't really see the fight that well from the floor imo, well at least that's been my experience. I went to Affliction a couple years ago at the Honda Center in Anaheim, and we sat in the second level. Best seats in the house! Go with something in the second level, close to the front row.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

i highly doubt this will have any seats left if the UFC is smart enuf to frame the GSP Diaz fight. Nick an one attitude glitch will sell this fight out.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I was in a suite at Staples Center for the Shogun vs Vera fight and those were some great seats.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i highly doubt this will have any seats left if the UFC is smart enuf to frame the GSP Diaz fight. Nick an one attitude glitch will sell this fight out.
    lack of compelling headliners is only part of the reason why they dont sell out as much. its also oversaturation of events (how many events do they have in canada each year, like 2 or 3?). a couple of years ago these things were selling out on day 1, but not anymore. this is especially true with the higher priced tickets. and thats another reason why they dont sell out anymore, they started pricing these events like its a mayweather fight. $150 for "cheap" seats? i had floor seats at ufc 78 -- i think i paid $350. floor seats at ufc 114 were $600, i believe (i was comped, otherwise there's no way i would have paid that).

all that said, you might still be right. this one might sell out since they have 3 solid fights at the top of the card. if they get another 1-2 solid fights, i can see it happening.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

JKD
    JKD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Not this shit again. 95% right?

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Im scared of GSPs demons and he has a lot of them. Jeeez

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

he conquered his demons when he decisioned Dan 'Ardeeee!

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

c
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    lol nice

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

MAIN (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz - for welterweight title
    Carlos Condit vs. Johny Hendricks
    Jake Ellenberger vs. Nate Marquardt