Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    But..But...Mr Rogan says Cain has cardio for dayssssss and JDS has "top of the food chain" boxing and takedown defence?!
    he use to say the same shit about Tito and ll i evver saw was Tito gassing.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    he use to say the same shit about Tito and ll i evver saw was Tito gassing.
    fockin rogan. mid-cycle either rogans lost some weight or his head got really big

Thor4140

defact u sure that isn't photo shopped? Could pass as your buddy Gabe without the wink.

DeFactoCrippler

defact u sure that isn't photo shopped? Could pass as your buddy Gabe without the wink.
    lol i think its because when you see rogan interviewing the fighters they are barefoot while rogan is wearing cowboy boots

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Joeey View Post
    you would have to think reem is rubbing his hands with these two.

I have rewatched the fight a few times and some observations:

1. JDS gassed and gassed badly - this was prior to the punch which he never seemed to recover from at all.
    2. JD looked very ordinary the whole fight and I am talking prior to gassing - very basic 'boxing', lack of jab usage, flat footed just all round when you watch him in isolation just looks like a very amateur striker. I want to rewatch previous fights, as I never realised just how basic he was. Maybe he was injured or sick?
    3. I have no idea what Cain was doing after JDS was visibly gone - you cant even say he was worried about not getting hit as he was walking in, flappin his hands with his head exposed straight into JDS range. The problem was JDS, after gassing, couldnt stand in a strikers stance - he was literally flat footed so had zero power. Cain still just ambled in to fight at standing grappling range. Pretty average viewing really.
    4. Cain gassed in this fight, make no mistake.
    5. Cant say I was overly impressed with either, If overeem is still overeem without any 'horse meat', I struggled to see either of these taking him down to beat him. Perhaps he may tired with a relentless onslaight from Cain.
    I hear you and agree with most the things you point out...

But if reem is rubbing his hands, I think he's happy that the two top zuffa contenders have just as bad of cardio as he does. He's a fool if he thinks he's somehow at another level than these guys when it comes to cardio.

Reem's cardio is nothing special and imo is equally questionable... and I would be surprised if he put up much more of an intense pace after 2 rounds as these guys did.

Reem is legit, but he's also riding a hype train unlike any other...

The guy imo is one of the biggest HW can crushers in mma. While competitive at lhw in pride even in his losses (and if you note, 90% of his fights against top comp he lost), he has fought 2 purely legit guys / top dogs since being at hw - sergei (who he lost in the rematch to, brutally I may add...) and looked very questionable and downright 'meh' against werdum (and this was his stiffist top comp to date at hw). I don't think either guy has to take him down to beat him. Considering werdum nearly outlanded him, I don't think its impossible to fathom jds or cain easily outlanding and outsriking him, especially after the 1st round when reem WILL slow considerably.

If bigfoot survives the first round (which I don't think he will, I think his chin and defense is questionable enough that a first round stop from strikes from reem is very likely), I think his chances to beat reem almost quadruple and I wouldn't be surprised if bigchin takes over the 2nd and 3rd.

Thor4140

surprised Bigfoots chin is so suspect. it is the size of most peoples knee.

MMAbetMASTA

for real, you'd think he'd have the best chin in mma...

That's why I don't think size of the chin matters

although hendo, who imo has the best p4p chin out there, does have a very big, obscure and protruding jaw.

But I remember years ago a discussion on size of chin and its relevance to being able to take a hit, and someone pointed to a comment Bas Rutten made about Mirko's small inverted chin line and how its the reason he can't take a shot. All in all I think size doesn't matter, its prob something more physiological.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    for real, you'd think he'd have the best chin in mma...

That's why I don't think size of the chin matters

although hendo, who imo has the best p4p chin out there, does have a very big, obscure and protruding jaw.

But I remember years ago a discussion on size of chin and its relevance to being able to take a hit, and someone pointed to a comment Bas Rutten made about Mirko's small inverted chin line and how its the reason he can't take a shot. All in all I think size doesn't matter, its prob something more physiological.
    bas was using "chin" as a metaphor for hog size. apologies in advance if you were doing the same.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    bas was using "chin" as a metaphor for hog size. apologies in advance if you were doing the same.
    Do you think you guys have gotten enuf laughs with the coc k talk? It is now getting borderline disturbing. I hope this doesn't last as long as the "basement" jokes.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Do you think you guys have gotten enuf laughs with the coc k talk? It is now getting borderline disturbing. I hope this doesn't last as long as the "basement" jokes.
    hey thor, why dont you take the hammer out of your ass and get a sense of humor.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vaughany

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    btw where is the guy with the tag line under his avatar that says "cain will bury the forum"
    Quote Originally Posted by nlin View Post
    lol MD...........sheeet
    respek

MD

Do you think you guys have gotten enuf laughs with the coc k talk?
    No.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    I hear you and agree with most the things you point out...

But if reem is rubbing his hands, I think he's happy that the two top zuffa contenders have just as bad of cardio as he does. He's a fool if he thinks he's somehow at another level than these guys when it comes to cardio.

Reem's cardio is nothing special and imo is equally questionable... and I would be surprised if he put up much more of an intense pace after 2 rounds as these guys did.

Reem is legit, but he's also riding a hype train unlike any other...

The guy imo is one of the biggest HW can crushers in mma. While competitive at lhw in pride even in his losses (and if you note, 90% of his fights against top comp he lost), he has fought 2 purely legit guys / top dogs since being at hw - sergei (who he lost in the rematch to, brutally I may add...) and looked very questionable and downright 'meh' against werdum (and this was his stiffist top comp to date at hw). I don't think either guy has to take him down to beat him. Considering werdum nearly outlanded him, I don't think its impossible to fathom jds or cain easily outlanding and outsriking him, especially after the 1st round when reem WILL slow considerably.

If bigfoot survives the first round (which I don't think he will, I think his chin and defense is questionable enough that a first round stop from strikes from reem is very likely), I think his chances to beat reem almost quadruple and I wouldn't be surprised if bigchin takes over the 2nd and 3rd.
    wat. You weren't insanely impressed with Cain's cardio in that fight? He gassed, yeah, but he was throwing around a 240lb man for 25 minutes. Grappling is so ridiculously tiring, and to be doing so much upper and lower body grappling against a guy of JDS's size, on top of constantly moving forward and setting that ridiculous pace... amazing display of conditioning, I think.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    wat. You weren't insanely impressed with Cain's cardio in that fight? He gassed, yeah, but he was throwing around a 240lb man for 25 minutes. Grappling is so ridiculously tiring, and to be doing so much upper and lower body grappling against a guy of JDS's size, on top of constantly moving forward and setting that ridiculous pace... amazing display of conditioning, I think.
    agree 100%. i cant believe this is even a topic of discussion. cain was surely gassed, but it wasnt because of lack of conditioning.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Whether he has "cardio for dayz" or not, fact is it's still way better than anybody else in the HW division

MD

Indeed. Everyone is aware of how difficult it is to maintain high levels of cardiovascular fitness at the higher weight classes, due not only to the size, but due to grappling with such large men. If anything, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that Cain's cardio is some of the best, pound-for-pound. The only guy at heavyweight who should be able to match his pace without gassing early on (that I can think of) is, believe it or not, Stefan Struve. Not that he'd be anything less than >+300 against Velasquez, but his cardio is outstanding.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

The fact that Cain was still standing and able to move at the end of the fifth round after twenty five minutes of grappling and pounding on a man who weighs 230 pounds, while eating several good shots in the process, is an incredible feat.

I dont understand this whole "Cain was gassed by the end, his cardio is shit" argument, its complete and utter nonsense.

His cardio is what will win him the fight should he ever fight Reem.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Indeed. Everyone is aware of how difficult it is to maintain high levels of cardiovascular fitness at the higher weight classes, due not only to the size, but due to grappling with such large men. If anything, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that Cain's cardio is some of the best, pound-for-pound. The only guy at heavyweight who should be able to match his pace without gassing early on (that I can think of) is, believe it or not, Stefan Struve. Not that he'd be anything less than >+300 against Velasquez, but his cardio is outstanding.
    yep agree, Struve doesnt seem to tire much and has the youth, grit and heart to battle through as well

DeFactoCrippler

What do you expect bro. mma is gay as hell, i just tolerate it because i like fights.

you think a guy like melvin guillard just wakes up one morning and decides to wear a thong up his ass at the weigh ins? He didn't wear it when it was on fox, but when dana needs to sell the ppvs we all of a sudden have a male stripper on the card.

posted this video before and will post it again.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    What do you expect bro. mma is gay as hell, i just tolerate it because i like fights.

you think a guy like melvin guillard just wakes up one morning and decides to wear a thong up his ass at the weigh ins? He didn't wear it when it was on fox, but when dana needs to sell the ppvs we all of a sudden have a male stripper on the card.

posted this video before and will post it again.

im just a fight fan i didn't know these other guys watch it because they like to size up each others co cks. Wierd.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

im just a fight fan i didn't know these other guys watch it because they like to size up each others co cks. Wierd.
    We find it weird that you dont watch for tht reason

Thor4140

u talk toooooooooooooo much about it. Makin me wonder. Not that anything is wrong with that.

DeFactoCrippler

if you wanna bust thors balls then ask him why he watches wrestling when that is just dudes in thongs pretending to fight.

i mean, i watched wwf when i was a kid and thought the shit was real.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

It's still real to me dammit!

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Well done.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    if you wanna bust thors balls then ask him why he watches wrestling when that is just dudes in thongs pretending to fight.

i mean, i watched wwf when i was a kid and thought the shit was real.
    u have been saying they are acting for years. Give it up cause i will never buy that nonsense. For your information i met a WWe wrestler once and he told me it was real.

Thor4140

xxxxxxxxactly. I like Defact but sometimes he is way off base and this is one of them and i have to call him on it.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    lol I see how my wording could have been mistaken, now that I'm reading it a couple days later it sounds a little awkward on my part haha!

Well I guess Bas is one of those dudes who believes size matters...

MMAbetMASTA

no I wasn't impressed with it, but as I've said I don't think its near as horrible as other people are making it out to be and his performance that night should be applauded. What I was trying to say overall was that Reem shouldn't be thinking he has any type of cardio advantage over either guy. ANd I was just taking a shiitt on the ubereem in general.

First ... 22232425