The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

AFFLICTION Trilogy CANCELED

Multiple sources have informed MMAWeekly.com that Affliction’s third show, “Triology,” has been cancelled. Fighters and managers were being notified of the situation early Friday morning.

The event was scheduled for Aug. 1 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

Details on the cancellation are few, but the loss of Josh Barnett, one half of the evening’s main event, undoubtedly contributed to the decision.

A source close to the situation also informed MMAWeekly.com that Affliction’s pay-per-view provider, Showtime, played a major factor in the cancellation.

Check back with MMAWeekly.com for more details as they arise.

The HOFF

MMAjunkie.com is reporting the same thing.

SON OF A BITCH!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

and i was looking forward to cashing in on Lauzon +185. Josh ruined everything. Dam shame too, the card looked great.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

wow, I just heard Tom Atencio on theradio at like 1am EST this morning, and he talked about how many fighters he had to fill in for Barnett, now the whole thing is done

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Wow this blows...I had a whole day planned around this event.

brooks85

mainstream media and fans were about to be introduced to a serious contender, mousasi.

brooks85

mousasi " maybe ill go to the ufc"

THE_LOCKSMITH

yea mousasi will end up in the UFC maybe not right away. Fedor Emelianenko and Vitor Belfort will be there very soon

The HOFF

Looks like some of the undercards may be on the M1-Global card on Aug 28th or the STRIKEFORCE card on Aug 15th.

The HOFF

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Who is that interesting fellow?

THE_LOCKSMITH

Yup, Yahoo reported that Affliction MMA will cease to exist, coming to terms with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) under an agreement that will allow the clothing brand to once again sponsor the world’s top promotion and the fighters under its umbrella.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Also after Dana and Tito saif they made up, Dana said it didn't mean he was back in the UFC. Now there is a report on his Twitter paige saying "Oh yea and welcome back tito "

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Dana White had the UFC broker a deal with them: Affliction does what they do best (they sell clothes!), and be a sponsor of the UFC, and they quit "playing at being fight promoters."

brooks85

bout time tito gets his ass back in the cage. A ko loss to chuck, 7months later a draw to evans and 10months after that a decision loss to machida. On paper it looks rough but he is still a top level fighter in my book. Still waiting on that evans/tito rematch. Be a good matchup, give tito a warmup fight to get back in, then after page beats evans, all the pieces will fall into place.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    bout time tito gets his ass back in the cage. A ko loss to chuck, 7months later a draw to evans and 10months after that a decision loss to machida. On paper it looks rough but he is still a top level fighter in my book. Still waiting on that evans/tito rematch. Be a good matchup, give tito a warmup fight to get back in, then after page beats evans, all the pieces will fall into place.
    I've read the rumor that the Franklin Henderson 2 fight may be off. Franklin twitter paige "Ive heard the ufc pulled my fight off the website for 103. I dont kno y. They hvnt spoken to me @ this, n i assume the fight is still on.” They say Henderson might be replaced with Tito

The HOFF

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    I've read the rumor that the Franklin Henderson 2 fight may be off. Franklin twitter paige "Ive heard the ufc pulled my fight off the website for 103. I dont kno y. They hvnt spoken to me @ this, n i assume the fight is still on.” They say Henderson might be replaced with Tito
    Please!! I want Hendo to get his 185 shot. I would actually rather see Tito and Rich fight.