london2k
    london2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I think "Kingpin" Johnson, at +400, has a VERY good chance of upsetting Tyson Fury

Fury, despite a marathon last few months in the gym, still has an odd, angular body....not the body of an elite athlete. He has never yet shown elite, international-level boxing skills. Quite the contrary, he looks awkward and out of place in the ring....even though he's been winning. But of course the question is who has he been winning AGAINST? The answer is for the most part.......nobodies.

Ok, he beat a fat Derrick Chisora....but who is Chisora, a guy who was plucked out of complete obscurity by Wladamir, and became famous only because of that. If Wlad hadn't pointed the finger at him, Chisora would still be fighting on small shows, completely unknown outside the UK.

Johnson, while a lazy fighter, and a real asshole, nonetheless has true international-level boxing skills. His problem is that he doesn't always use them (to be kind). But when he WANTS to, he can look like Larry Holmes in the ring for short bursts. Fury hasn't been CLOSE to anyone with those levels of skills, and could well end up looking foolish and out of his depth in this fight, despite being a -500 favourite.

I seldom see a +400 fighter who I think should actually be favoured to win the fight, but that's exactly what I see here. A big, awkard Fury, against a slick, well-trained HW who (to add a racial element), is not going to want lose to a white guy. Johnson fully motivated would win this fight without a doubt. The million dollar question is will he be 100% motivated. Under these circumstances, I think the answer is very, very much YES.

Johnson, +400 to win.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by london2k View Post
    Ok, he beat a fat Derrick Chisora....but who is Chisora, a guy who was plucked out of complete obscurity by Wladamir, and became famous only because of that.

Clueless.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

nope