TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Some facts about TRT

TRT is certainly a hot topic in MMA. And since many of you seem to use it in your capping I thought I would share a few facts about TRT.

1. It's NOT hard to pass drug tests. In fact it's very easy. I won't list the laundry list of ways you can pass these tests, but it's hard hard. i.e. undetectable chemicals (all you have to do is change 1 molecule), switching piss, bribes, etc...

2. HGH is essentially undetectable. Guys can be using a light dosage of testosterone with massive amounts of HGH and they would pass most of the tests with flying colors.

In case you're wondering about WHY I'm qualified to make comments on this issue. I'm friends with several of the top coaches in the world (winning Olympic coaches, natural bodybuilding champions and 1 guy who has 400 champions under his belt). We discuss these issues all the time.

What the public KNOWS about drugs and drug testing vs. the reality is shocking.

The only way to REALLY KNOW is to look at a guy's physique. I can tell you with 99% certainty is a guy is jacked on the gear or not.

Here's some things to look for:his skin, the shape and fullness of his muscle bellies, the size of his neck, his blood pressure.

The best way to know is to wait for the weigh-ins. And then fade or bet accordingly.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

TRT isnt illegal.

As far as I know its a way for athtletes with low testosterone to fill that void. Its basically hormone management. But again I havent had time to educate myself on this topic.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I sat next to Overeem's strength and conditioning coach at ufc 146 (true story), he's a former croatian olympic sprinter. He's the man. He said a lot of the same things as you. He also said they shouldn't even test in mma because its too easy to beat the tests (LOL ironic I know). He guarenteed Reem wouldn't be caught again, though. He said people pass olympic tests all the time while on stuff.

Calc, after strikeforce weigh in, please post your analysis.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

TRT is detectable and saying it is legal is a bit misleading. Synthetic testosterone has been detectable for years. The reason it is legal is if an athlete can prove he has a testosteron deficiency. The problem is most people who have a "deficiency" have it because of past steroid abuse. The people who have prescriptions to use TRT still have to remain within a certain limit and if they don't they get popped like Marquardt did against Story.

TheCalculator

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    TRT is detectable and saying it is legal is a bit misleading. Synthetic testosterone has been detectable for years. The reason it is legal is if an athlete can prove he has a testosteron deficiency. The problem is most people who have a "deficiency" have it because of past steroid abuse. The people who have prescriptions to use TRT still have to remain within a certain limit and if they don't they get popped like Marquardt did against Story.
    99% of Olympic athletes have a CHEMIST who literally creates designer drugs for them. All they need to do is change the structure of the molecules and it will pass the tests. If you don't believe me -- go spend a few hours researching drug chemistry. This isn't anything new.

And for FAWK'S SAKE -- TRT IS STEROIDS. They've essentially legalized steroids by allowing "exemptions" for TRT. They're SUPPOSED to stay within "legal boundaries".

I assure you -- in almost every case that someone FAILS these tests... someone made a MISTAKE.

This might sound crazy to some one of you -- but I would BET BIG that 80% plus of UFC guys use PEDs. These are not MY opinion. One of my good friends trains a couple of UFC guys.

Now some guys obviously take it to whole different level of abuse. They're the ones who look like bodybuilders.

TheCalculator

Based on the Strikeforce weigh-ins -- I will NOT be adding more units to the Marquardt play.

TheCalculator

Name:  20120713073129_007_Nate_Marquardt2.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  37.0 KB

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

You think he will gas quick?

TheCalculator

Not sure if he'll gas. He's certainly lost some muscle mass. I'm more about Woodley out powering him in the grappling. I still think he's going to win. I'm just not gonna lay more cheese on him.