probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sonnen: Will a decrease in his testosterone level be a major issue in his fight vs S

Sonnen: Will a decrease in his testosterone level be a major issue in his fight vs Silva?

here is the deal:
    Sonnen T/E ratio was 16.9:1 when he was caught. By comparison, an average man has a T/E ratio of 1:1, and testing bodies such as CSAC may allow for a variance as high as 4:1 for athletes.
    So he might reduce it to 4:1 but maybe Silva has the normal 1:1. It would be still unfair. You cant bet vs the juice.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Had mine up to 8 to 1 at one point. Wanted to kill people. Hover around 2 to 1 and I love everyone.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Get as much money down on chael as you can get, they are gonna set up a rubber match.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Get as much money down on chael as you can get, they are gonna set up a rubber match.
    Set up a rubber match? Do you mean Silva losing to have a tie and get a rematch? I hope this is not what you mean. Anderson Silva is the best pound per pound in MMA history. It makes him a money machine. Endorsement deals is where the big money is. Lebron made about 16 millions as a salary for playing but more than twice that in endorsement.

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva recently signed with a sports marketing firm called 9ine, and it appears to be really paying off for him so far. A few days ago it was announced that Anderson had signed a sponsorship deal with Burger King, and now he has two more to add to his portfolio - deals with sports giant Nike and Brazilian soccer team Corinthians

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    Set up a rubber match? Do you mean Silva losing to have a tie and get a rematch? I hope this is not what you mean. Anderson Silva is the best pound per pound in MMA history. It makes him a money machine. Endorsement deals is where the big money is. Lebron made about 16 millions as a salary for playing but more than twice that in endorsement.

Watch and see.

probettor1

Watch and see.
    I just need to know the level of testosterone of sonnen for the last 8 month before the fight. If you deprive some one of testosterone from 1:16 to 1:1 they might feel like a girl wreck.

DublinMeUp
    DublinMeUp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Rubbish, yes Sonnen may win but your reasoning is ridiculous.. I'd be pretty sure if silva loses he'll either stop or move weight class for his last few fights. The point raised above is also valid, its not boxing where both guys are managed by the same person/company so they "arrange" things in their favour. Silva would lose so much more than you think by taking a dive so to speak,

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DublinMeUp View Post
    Rubbish, yes Sonnen may win but your reasoning is ridiculous.. I'd be pretty sure if silva loses he'll either stop or move weight class for his last few fights. The point raised above is also valid, its not boxing where both guys are managed by the same person/company so they "arrange" things in their favour. Silva would lose so much more than you think by taking a dive so to speak,
    Dana white manages them all.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Watch and see.
    lol Much more money in a Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva fight rather than a third with Sonnen

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

don't remember where but i think i read Sonnen can't be higher than 6:1 testosterone level?

DublinMeUp

Dana white manages them all.
    Funny I was under the impression Silva was managed by Guimaraes and Soares, also that Dana White was the president of the UFC and a big enough share holder of Zuffa.

When did he throw all this away to manage the fighters who are contracted to the organization he once presided over?

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol @ 'rubbish'... I love that word and no one here in the states uses it... I need to use that in my vocabulary more and scare some bitchess...

As a chael backer I wanna believe PICKS, but I agree with you that its silly reasoning at this point... I don't think mma has crossed that shady line that boxing has, I still believe that if chael wins it will be because he was the better fighter, not because of some hidden zuffa / marketing / money making agenda... Its possible, but at this point I don't think (and I really hope) the ufc has crossed those shady promotion lines and are setting up a rubber match... Good money making idea in theory, but I don't believe dana or anyone in the administration is that corrupt or balzy enough to pull some stunt like that...but you never know!!!

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/11/29...24-ufc-146-mma

A normal T/E ratio is considered 1:1, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and most commissions consider anything over 4:1 evidence of synthetic testosterone usage while the NSAC applies a more lenient 6:1 ratio.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Why did you go on TRT Bigday?

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I think youre mistaking MMA with boxing **. Not nearly as much corruption and fixed fights.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    Why did you go on TRT Bigday?
    he had kids...

probettor1

A normal T/E ratio is considered 1:1, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and most commissions consider anything over 4:1 evidence of synthetic testosterone usage while the NSAC applies a more lenient 6:1 ratio.
    if sonnen is 6:1 and silva is 1:1 that would be a lousy bet. Silva is for sure much better that sonnen. But having your money vs the dope is insane. Overeem gave us a lesson of what you can do in MMA when you are juiced. having 6 times higher the testosterone level is almost like having a guy and a woman fighting as women has 10% of the men testosteron level.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    if sonnen is 6:1 and silva is 1:1 that would be a lousy bet. Silva is for sure much better that sonnen. But having your money vs the dope is insane. Overeem gave us a lesson of what you can do in MMA when you are juiced. having 6 times higher the testosterone level is almost like having a guy and a woman fighting as women has 10% of the men testosteron level.
    But you would also have to consider the 16.9:1 to 6:1 drop for a guy that still ended up losing the fight.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Maybe his nipples will grow like Kerry/pwad

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Watch and see.
    I'll watch Silva win again.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    But you would also have to consider the 16.9:1 to 6:1 drop for a guy that still ended up losing the fight.
    He lost the fight, but he won all the rounds big time, he was also winning the last one. I do see the drop in testosterone level you are talking about as a good point. It should go against him. But the fact that he lost, even though is true is not of much statistical value, if you consider that he actually won all the rounds but the last one.

DublinMeUp

I think a lot of the logic being shown by Sonnen backers is pretty bad. Greece won the 2004 Euro's and i think they were like +5000 or some crap to win it this time, value? no.

Sad thing is all the value on Sonnen was in the last fight, this one won't play out like that one did in any way.
    Last edited by DublinMeUp; 06-27-12 at 08:00 PM. Reason: typo

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

what you witnessed was a juiced up kid who reached the highest level of overachieving possible... he looked like ass against that british roosterlicker and is going to get embarrassed by silva in this fight...i bet silva very heavy at open and silva inside distance...you will only get a worse number as the fight gets closer, imo...

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Funny I was under the impression Silva was managed by Guimaraes and Soares, also that Dana White was the president of the UFC and a big enough share holder of Zuffa.

When did he throw all this away to manage the fighters who are contracted to the organization he once presided over?
    I really wish no one had replied to this.

dww123

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    what you witnessed was a juiced up kid who reached the highest level of overachieving possible... he looked like ass against that british roosterlicker and is going to get embarrassed by silva in this fight...i bet silva very heavy at open and silva inside distance...you will only get a worse number as the fight gets closer, imo...
    I agree Silva will win but i suspect the line will improve and close closer to 2:1. Afterall, Silva was thoroughly dominated in the first fight.

DublinMeUp

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    I really wish no one had replied to this.
    no need to wish

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I could only find a couple articles from academic journals detailing the effects of testosterone level on athletic performance and they render no valuable information regarding the ratio and a quantifiable correlation to strength; eg. is the relationship linear, exponential, etc.

There seems to be a lot of broscience in this thread...

What's the difference between a 1:1 and a 6:1? And furthermore what's the difference 6:1 and 17:1? I've yet to see any sound information, only pure conjecture.

The only thing I've seen documented from reputable sources is the obvious conclusion that supplementing one's testosterone increases muscle size and strength. But we all know that. Quantifying the difference between ratios, eg., a 6:1 and 17:1 has not been documented; to the limit of my resources at this time anyway...

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/281/6/E1172.long (article from American Journal of Physiology)
    http://joe.endocrinology-journals.or.../1/27.full.pdf (Journal of Endocrinology article)

If there's any medical dorks on the board who can link to some better sources, by all means, please do.

probettor1

You can bet vs silva only if jon jones in the octagon and the line is good enough.

dww123

no need to wish
    Not your comment. The ridiculous comment you were responding to.

dww123

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    I could only find a couple articles from academic journals detailing the effects of testosterone level on athletic performance and they render no valuable information regarding the ratio and a quantifiable correlation to strength; eg. is the relationship linear, exponential, etc.

There seems to be a lot of broscience in this thread...

What's the difference between a 1:1 and a 6:1? And furthermore what's the difference 6:1 and 17:1? I've yet to see any sound information, only pure conjecture.

The only thing I've seen documented from reputable sources is the obvious conclusion that supplementing one's testosterone increases muscle size and strength. But we all know that. Quantifying the difference between ratios, eg., a 6:1 and 17:1 has not been documented; to the limit of my resources at this time anyway...

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/281/6/E1172.long (article from American Journal of Physiology)
    http://joe.endocrinology-journals.or.../1/27.full.pdf (Journal of Endocrinology article)

If there's any medical dorks on the board who can link to some better sources, by all means, please do.
    I think you're overthinking. You answered your own question. You're right. Elevated Testosterone increases muscle size and strength. After that it's just common sense. If the average man has 1:1 ratio and Sonnen's levels were 17:1, which is almost 3 times the legal limit then you have to assume his levels gave him a substantial advantage. Most of us, including me, want to know for betting purposes only. I don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. To me, Sonnen looked incredibly strong in their first fight and i personally associate that with his doping. I don't believe he will be as strong this time and based on the way Silva handled Okami's wrestling I will definitely be placing my money on Silva.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sonnen has been approved for TRT so he is allowed to have his levels at 6:1 for this fight. As some have pointed out he was much higher last time. He will obviously benefit from TRT, but his ratio will very likely be kept to what the commission has allowed. Sonnen does not want to be suspended again. From our point of view it's some what safe to say that the effect the TRT has on him this fight will be less than last time and the advantage he gains will likely not be as good either.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    I think you're overthinking. You answered your own question. You're right. Elevated Testosterone increases muscle size and strength. After that it's just common sense. If the average man has 1:1 ratio and Sonnen's levels were 17:1, which is almost 3 times the legal limit then you have to assume his levels gave him a substantial advantage. Most of us, including me, want to know for betting purposes only. I don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. To me, Sonnen looked incredibly strong in their first fight and i personally associate that with his doping. I don't believe he will be as strong this time and based on the way Silva handled Okami's wrestling I will definitely be placing my money on Silva.
    disclaimer: I'm leaning towards a play on Silva ITD currently... that's independent from my comments above.

I'm not overthinking at all. I'm pointing out fallacies presented in this thread for those who are highly weighing this whole testosterone level into their plays. So Sonnen was 17:1 in the first fight, and can still come into this one 6:1...

For all we know, elevated test ratios may hit a point of diminishing returns at a certain point. Sonnen may be 99% of the beast at 6:1 as he was at 17:1 depending on the response curve... there's no evidence to suggest one way or the other.

Quite frankly, personally, I don't really give a sh*t at this point, because those T levels don't go to your chin, and I think Spider's gonna give Sonnen a good ole chin-checkin...

dww123

disclaimer: I'm leaning towards a play on Silva ITD currently... that's independent from my comments above.

I'm not overthinking at all. I'm pointing out fallacies presented in this thread for those who are highly weighing this whole testosterone level into their plays. So Sonnen was 17:1 in the first fight, and can still come into this one 6:1...

For all we know, elevated test ratios may hit a point of diminishing returns at a certain point. Sonnen may be 99% of the beast at 6:1 as he was at 17:1 depending on the response curve... there's no evidence to suggest one way or the other.

Quite frankly, personally, I don't really give a sh*t at this point, because those T levels don't go to your chin, and I think Spider's gonna give Sonnen a good ole chin-checkin...
    The evidence is with Sonnen himself. Fighters, especially older more experienced one, know their body's well. If he wasn't sure he would get a substantial benefit from injecting testosterone in such large doses why would he do it and risk getting caught? I think the answer is he knew full well just what an advantage he would have, so much so that it was worth the risk. But you're right, mostly likely he will be Ko'd or submitted in short order so it won't matter either way.

dww123

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Sonnen has been approved for TRT so he is allowed to have his levels at 6:1 for this fight. As some have pointed out he was much higher last time. He will obviously benefit from TRT, but his ratio will very likely be kept to what the commission has allowed. Sonnen does not want to be suspended again. From our point of view it's some what safe to say that the effect the TRT has on him this fight will be less than last time and the advantage he gains will likely not be as good either.
    Everyone fighting is allowed to have 6:1.

probettor1

You can lose a bet, or a hundred bets as long as you can find value/edge. But if knowing that Sonnen has the advantage of being juiced, and the fact that his style dominated silva in the last fight plus you have a lousy -260 then you might give it a second thought. Any way you probably wont get too far winning -260 bets. You could even win a 10 games parley and you wouldn't make enough for groceries.

In a -110 line I would bet silva eyes closed. Testosterore give a significant advantage, any thing over 1:1 is over the average. Overeem was Mr loser in MMA, and in a few month he became a monster finishing every one in the 1 round thanks to the juice.
    The juice wont go to the chin, but it goes to the shoulders, arms, legs, chest, and all the other muscle moving your joints.

123 Last