Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I laid 800ish on Silva to win by KO/TKO or stoppage. Not worried at all.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

All-in on Sonnen... Free Money!!!!

probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just see the line in -260 as fair. No edge here.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Not sure why anyone would play -260 when it is extremely unlikely he wins by decision.

Bradbatross
    Bradbatross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    You can lose a bet, or a hundred bets as long as you can find value/edge. But if knowing that Sonnen has the advantage of being juiced, and the fact that his style dominated silva in the last fight plus you have a lousy -260 then you might give it a second thought. Any way you probably wont get too far winning -260 bets. You could even win a 10 games parley and you wouldn't make enough for groceries.

In a -110 line I would bet silva eyes closed. Testosterore give a significant advantage, any thing over 1:1 is over the average. Overeem was Mr loser in MMA, and in a few month he became a monster finishing every one in the 1 round thanks to the juice.
    The juice wont go to the chin, but it goes to the shoulders, arms, legs, chest, and all the other muscle moving your joints.
    LMAO, I don't don't where you're betting but if I win a 10 game parlay I'd have enough money for groceries for at least 2 years.

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Not sure why anyone would play -260 when it is extremely unlikely he wins by decision.
    Because the bet limits are much higher

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by Bradbatross View Post
    LMAO, I don't don't where you're betting but if I win a 10 game parlay I'd have enough money for groceries for at least 2 years.
    A $50 dollars parlay at -260 for 10 games has a payout under 1500 dollars. I spend about 500 dollars a month in Publix and most of the goceries are vegetables, fruits, and lean protein, so I would need 6k for my year groceries. When you calculate the chances of winning 10 in a row and the amount of money you will get it makes no sense. Favorites are most of the time over valued.
    Last edited by probettor1; 06-28-12 at 09:05 PM.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    lol Much more money in a Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva fight rather than a third with Sonnen
    ^ This

People were cheering for Chael during and after the fight due to Anderson's invincibility...finally someone almost beat him. The fact of the matter is Chael's style of fighting is boring and unappealing to the average fan. Jon Fitch was dominating people using wrestling and the ability to not get stood up for years. He's been banished to the undercard. It makes no sense for the UFC to "set up" a rubber match between Sonnen and Silva. If Sonnen can grind out a decision, this will be an incredibly boring fight. Nobody will want to pay to see the most exciting fighter on the planet get humped and pitter pattered for 5 rounds.

Silva vs. Jones or Silva vs. GSP would do 2 million PPV buys easy. That's where the $ is.

probettor1

Sonnen is a boring fighter but he is the most entertaining athlete ever when it comes to trash talk. The guy is a show-man, I dont know if it is due to the juice he takes but he talks so much crap it is just hilarious. Fight is expected to hit over 1 million PPV.

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

I dont quite understand how a test ratio of 4:1 is a disadvantage. He is still stronger and a much better grappler than Silva, the fight will play out like the first, but of course with Sonnen's hand raised
    Points Awarded:

probettor1 gave Saunders FTW 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: probettor1

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    I think you're overthinking. You answered your own question. You're right. Elevated Testosterone increases muscle size and strength. After that it's just common sense. If the average man has 1:1 ratio and Sonnen's levels were 17:1, which is almost 3 times the legal limit then you have to assume his levels gave him a substantial advantage. Most of us, including me, want to know for betting purposes only.
    I don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
    To me, Sonnen looked incredibly strong in their first fight and i personally associate that with his doping. I don't believe he will be as strong this time and based on the way Silva handled Okami's wrestling I will definitely be placing my money on Silva.
    I love how you threw that quote in there to fit in perfectly with your avatar. I agree with you... btw. Anderson at -250 is a bargain.

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I love how you threw that quote in there to fit in perfectly with your avatar. I agree with you... btw. Anderson at -250 is a bargain.
    Ha! Glad somone caught that.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    All-in on Sonnen... Free Money!!!!
    Never say free money. That's like saying Lakerboy's "Biggest bet of my life".

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by Saunders FTW View Post
    I dont quite understand how a test ratio of 4:1 is a disadvantage. He is still stronger and a much better grappler than Silva, the fight will play out like the first, but of course with Sonnen's hand raised
    When you get used to train on a 16:1 ratio and you are forced to go down to 4:1 you will feel like Overeem going from the animal he became winning 10 straight 9 in 1st round while juiced to the loser he used to be. The best way to see the difference between juiced and non juiced is an bodybuilding competition. You get twice the muscle and definition by juicing. Cristiane Santos retired Gina Carano and Overeem retired Brock Lesnar. The power of someone juicing is just too mucho to handle.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Sonnen is a boring fighter but he is the most entertaining athlete ever when it comes to trash talk. The guy is a show-man, I dont know if it is due to the juice he takes but he talks so much crap it is just hilarious. Fight is expected to hit over 1 million PPV.
    At first, it was funny to hear Sonnen ripping on Silva and all the Brazilians. It was satirical and smart. He mixed in just enough truthful statements with the outlandish ones and you could never really tell if he actually believed what he was saying.

Now, his schtick is a complete ripoff of WWF/WWE. He's come up with a few dumb rhymes and walks around with a fake UFC belt. His act is tired. His press conference for the Fox fight and interviews were not entertaining.

Saunders FTW

When you get used to train on a 16:1 ratio and you are forced to go down to 4:1 you will feel like Overeem going from the animal he became winning 10 straight 9 in 1st round while juiced to the loser he used to be. The best way to see the difference between juiced and non juiced is an bodybuilding competition. You get twice the muscle and definition by juicing. Cristiane Santos retired Gina Carano and Overeem retired Brock Lesnar. The power of someone juicing is just too mucho to handle.

He's been training with a test ratio of 4:1, its not like hes going to be 16:1 on friday then drop down to 4:1 on Saturday. Besides, do you really think the only thing hes on is testosterone? The UFC doesn't test for HGH. Sonnen will be juiced to the gills

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

If you're looking for an edge on whether or not the TRT will help Chael, wait for the weigh ins. He looked strong at UFC 117 (first Silva fight) and looked completely drained in the Fox fight against Bisping. If his cheek bones are sticking out and the guns look a little drained, I would expect to see a pace more like in the Bisping fight.

UFC 117

UFC on Fox 2

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

The broscience in this thread is pure hilarity.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Haha I minored in broscience in college. Majored in being jacked and tan. Totally, brah!

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by El Niņo View Post
    If you're looking for an edge on whether or not the TRT will help Chael, wait for the weigh ins. He looked strong at UFC 117 (first Silva fight) and looked completely drained in the Fox fight against Bisping. If his cheek bones are sticking out and the guns look a little drained, I would expect to see a pace more like in the Bisping fight.

UFC 117

UFC on Fox 2
    If you look at his body it is exactly the same in both pictures. I'm not sure why you are concerned about his cheekbones.

Saunders FTW

UFC 117

UFC on Fox 2

He looks the same in both pictures, the top pic is just zoomed in more

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Face looked more drained to me at the weigh ins in the Fox fight. Maybe it's just me. Either way, the fact that Sonnen has approved TRT is good for Silva backers.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by Saunders FTW View Post
    He's been training with a test ratio of 4:1, its not like hes going to be 16:1 on friday then drop down to 4:1 on Saturday. Besides, do you really think the only thing hes on is testosterone? The UFC doesn't test for HGH. Sonnen will be juiced to the gills
    This is actually true, a gangster like Sonnen is probably making up for the reduction in testosterone getting a bunch of growth hormone. he call himself gangster and has had issues with the law. Do not expect a clean fight.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys obviously didn't notice the difference in hair style between the two pics. Maybe we have not factored how Sonnen's hair style will affect this fight.

probettor1

Yes, those pictures are about the same, difference is the tanning. He wont be too down, testosterone in 4:1 and HGH sky high will keep him in good shape.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Mgm had silva -240 tonight, sonnen +190. Just looked at pinnacle and it is -261. Public definitely on sonnen here.

I have no idea who wins this but that seems like decent value.

probettor1

If you check the stats and past result silva by submission at +392 is a choice to cover in case you are on sonnen. Most of sonnen loses are by submission, he just take the ground, on top most of the time. At risk for triangle choke or arm bar. So Sonnen 100 and silva 25 for sonnen fans sound fair. If you win you take 190 minus 25, still 165. This is not my pick, just saying.

Sonnen
    Losses 11
    By knockout 2
    By submission 8

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

Sonnen's 17:1 ratio of testosterone was epi or some such thing to another kind of testosterone, which is usually in a ratio of 1:1. This indicates the use of synthetic test, not that he had 17 times the level of test of a normal man, although his actual levels were higher than acceptable ranges.

I still haven't watched Sonnen's fight with Bisping, I should probably do that, but Bisping has always done well against wrestlers like Rashad. Silva looked good against Okami, but Okami doesn't have as good of a shot/shoot as Sonnen.

The real question mark is how much of a factor Silva's injured rib was in the first fight. Silva kept wincing, and people say a rib injury like that it makes it difficult to even sit up or push away from yourself.

I was going to bet larger on Sonnen, but Silva's pretalk fight of breaking limbs and teeth makes me nervous probably for emotional reasons. I would like Silva to win, but don't think he will.

I think that Sonnen is going to hug and clutch Silva even more, and give him less space than the first fight. Silva's take down defence should be better, but never underestimate the ability of dry humping to win a decision. All Sonnen has to do is hold Silva down for a significant time in 3 rounds to get a win.

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

This is actually true, a gangster like Sonnen is probably making up for the reduction in testosterone getting a bunch of growth hormone. he call himself gangster and has had issues with the law. Do not expect a clean fight.
    I think he called himself gangster to try to act less white.

Before that he was saying he doesn't use the word respect, he's not a gangsta. And he was saying Silva was a pink shirt wearing gangsta. He also said Silva would get run out of his neighbourhood.

It was after Wanderlei Silva referred to Sonnen as a twitter fighter and saying he needed to talk to Sonnen again, that Sonnen began to refer to himself as an American gangster not an immigrant from Brazil, and say that's how you threaten someone dummy. It's actually pretty awkward to here Sonnen say those words.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by varkolek View Post
    I think he called himself gangster to try to act less white.

Before that he was saying he doesn't use the word respect, he's not a gangsta. And he was saying Silva was a pink shirt wearing gangsta. He also said Silva would get run out of his neighbourhood.

It was after Wanderlei Silva referred to Sonnen as a twitter fighter and saying he needed to talk to Sonnen again, that Sonnen began to refer to himself as an American gangster not an immigrant from Brazil, and say that's how you threaten someone dummy. It's actually pretty awkward to here Sonnen say those words.
    No, no, he is a gangster for real, he not only use drugs to the point where he fried hit nut...he does more than that

Money laundering convictionOn January 3, 2011, Sonnen pled guilty to money laundering in connection with mortgage fraud. After agreeing to testify against others involved in the investigation[41], he was fined $10,000 and sentenced to two years probation.[42]
    A licensed realtor in Oregon, Sonnen, as the agent for a home sale, told the title company to pay a plumbing company owned by Sonnen's mother[43] for repairs, even though he knew that they would not be carried out.[44] After the mortgage company agreed to the loan, the plumbing company was paid $69,000 and, at Sonnen's direction, paid the home buyer $65,000.[45]
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-09-14 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by varkolek View Post
    All Sonnen has to do is hold Silva down for a significant time in 3 rounds to get a win.
    false. he also has to avoid getting ko'd or sub'd for 5 rounds.

probettor1

Sonnen says that the gangsters like him, but he is a whitleblower. They probably like him dead.

After agreeing to testify against others involved in the investigation[41], he was fined $10,000 and sentenced to two years probation.
    Last edited by probettor1; 06-30-12 at 11:17 AM.

Saunders FTW

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    false. he also has to avoid getting ko'd or sub'd for 5 rounds.

And that is what Chael has to worry about, he has been caught in triangles many many times, 5 rounds is a long time to hold someone down and stay on top, especially doing it to a fighter like anderson. Anyways, I can't wait!

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Anderson's performance was very strange in the first fight. Was a rib injury to blame for his lackluster submission attempts in the 2nd round, and zero attempts to submit or sweep in rounds 1, 3, 4? I really hope he lays off the leg kicks. If he can stuff Chael's take down attempts like he did in the 4th and 5th he should be able to sprawl and brawl the sh*t out of Sonnen. If he ends up on his back, he has to know he can't f*kk around and solely tie him up and strike from the bottom. Silva ITD seems to be the best value here.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Silva vs. Jones or Silva vs. GSP would do 2 million PPV buys easy. That's where the $ is.
    2 million easy?

First 123 Last