Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Just watched main card on DVR...

Carmont showing great development... bit of a late bloomer at 30, but he's at the right camp given his physical skills. Still looks a bit raw, but dude is on the come up.

Weidman... very impressed there. F*cking relentless grappling, loved it... If Lombard walks through Botched, things will be interesting.

Josh Rosenthal -- seriously, wtf.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    "I think we should page Anderson Silva" - That would have been a good idea in 1998
    lol was tht Anik?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    would you change your opinion if i told you that carmont is 185lbs?
    yeah. lol no idea why i brought che mills into it... i just thought it'd be a nice match-up... but yeah, i knew Vemola was a 185er, as is Carmont... pothead slip, my bad lol thanks for letting me know

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Oh I though you meant maincard
    thats why this card was so crazy. not a single dog won out of 11 fights. i dont think thats ever happened before for a ufc event.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    yeah. lol no idea why i brought che mills into it... i just thought it'd be a nice match-up... but yeah, i knew Vemola was a 185er, as is Carmont... pothead slip, my bad lol thanks for letting me know
    lol no problem man. it didnt sound right when you suggested che vs carmont, but i had to double check to be sure. carmont is a monster.

PSUMike
    PSUMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

thats why this card was so crazy. not a single dog won out of 11 fights. i dont think thats ever happened before for a ufc event.
    2 things....

Caceras was a dog (-105 on Bovada...nit picking I know) and check out UFC 72. I remember that one was a favorites card.

But am I the only one horribly unimpressed with Carmont. His striking was only adequate, his sprawl was non-existent, and his ground game was sloppy as all hell. I didn't think he looked impressive at all.

As for my bets, I only made 4 and won all of them. Ended up 6.35u. 4u on RDA (snagged him way too late @ -190 but I still saw value there), 1.5u on Simpson/Dillashaw, 1u on Simpson, Dillashaw, RDA, and Te Huna, and 1u on Munoz/Weidman ITD.
    Last edited by PSUMike; 07-12-12 at 10:42 AM.
    Points Awarded:

PunisherIND gave PSUMike 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMike View Post
    2 things....

Caceras was a dog (-105 on Bovada...nit picking I know) and check out UFC 72. I remember that one was a favorites card.
    this man just won 2 betpoints. lol. and i wont nitpick about the fact that UFC 72 only had 8 fights. lol.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Carmont was impressive in that, that is what everyone expected him to do
    downside it was against venola

PSUMike
    PSUMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

this man just won 2 betpoints. lol. and i wont nitpick about the fact that UFC 72 only had 8 fights. lol.
    Don't ask me why I remember that. But going back that far, its hard to recall where fighters were at that point in there careers and who would be the betting favorite at that point in time. But for whatever reason, that one stuck with me...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMike View Post
    2 things....

But am I the only one horribly unimpressed with Carmont. His striking was only adequate, his sprawl was non-existent, and his ground game was sloppy as all hell. I didn't think he looked impressive at all.

As for my bets, I only made 4 and won all of them. Ended up 6.35u. 4u on RDA (snagged him way too late @ -190 but I still saw value there), 1.5u on Simpson/Dillashaw, 1u on Simpson, Dillashaw, RDA, and Te Huna, and 1u on Munoz/Weidman ITD.
    I wasn't impressed by him, either.

AdamB
    AdamB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

Holy shit. Joey's chin certainly didn't get affected by the cut, I think any light heavy is gonna really struggle to finish him with strikes. Te Huna looked crisp.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Holy shit. Joey's chin certainly didn't get affected by the cut, I think any light heavy is gonna really struggle to finish him with strikes. Te Huna looked crisp.
    sherdog suggested forrest griffin as te huna's next opponent.

someone page tito ortiz for gravedigging purposes.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

hahah yeah

Beelzebubzy

Tehuna has not beaten anyone of note.
    I'm not in his hype train yet. Let him get tested by someone like Bonnar level before he swims in the deep end

AdamB

I'd say stick him against little Nog or Nedkov next, personally. Forrest should really just retire at this point.

Beelzebubzy

Forest makes close to 500 a fight don't think he is going to call it quits anytime soon

AdamB

Watching the prelims - real embarrassing for Natal with all that showboating. Ha.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Tehuna has not beaten anyone of note.
    I'm not in his hype train yet. Let him get tested by someone like Bonnar level before he swims in the deep end
    this is true, but he hasnt been fighting cans either. and he's looked impressive. bonnar on the verge of retiring. he said he doesnt want to fight any up-and-commers like te huna. only established guys with more twitter followers than he has. lol.

Beelzebubzy

Yeah I hear that about Bonnar
    i didn't mean him specifically just someone along this lines- a name that he could beat
    Lil nog sounds about right or maybe Davis

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd obviously like to see Weidman/Anderson. Te Huna/Griffin, or Te Huna/Davis would make sense also.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    I'd obviously like to see Weidman/Anderson. Te Huna/Griffin, or Te Huna/Davis would make sense also.
    I see a Weidman vs Lombard happening in the future. Should be a main event fight.

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

I have no idea what to make of Carmont..there are times when he just looks very average but then he has flashes of absolute brilliance.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    I have no idea what to make of Carmont..there are times when he just looks very average but then he has flashes of absolute brilliance.
    Was really impressed with his transitions - that crucifix to RNC (iirc) had me like "damn."

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    His upward skill trending is nothing short of METEORIC. I watched some of his PRE-UFC fights and he was bordering on C-grade. And his skills have JUMPED BIG TIME from each of his UFC fights. He's got GSP and the crew as training partners. Nothing but blue skies ahead for this guy. As long as they don't throw into the deep end too quickly -- I think he will keep improving and become a very strong top 10 middleweight within 2 years.

First ... 10111213