myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II

Date: Jul 07, 2012
    Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena
    Broadcast: Pay-per-view and FX

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
    • Champ Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen (for middleweight title)
    • Urijah Faber vs. Renan Barao (for interim bantamweight title)
    • Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz
    • Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le
    • Dong Hyun Kim vs. Demian Maia
    PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
    • Chad Mendes vs. Cody McKenzie
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Gleison Tibau
    • Mike Easton vs. Ivan Menjivar
    • Riki Fukuda vs. Constantinos Philippou
    • Fabricio Camoes vs. Melvin Guillard
    • John Alessio vs. Shane Roller
    • Yoislandy Izquierdo vs. Rafaello Oliveira*
    * - Not officially announced

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

All the dogs i like here. Specially Faber, Ortiz and Sonnen.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cung Le is money at +300, that is just ridiculous..... Wish it was up on my book, fuckersss!!

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Le in rd 1 makes the most sense if you bet him

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Like Le, maybe Tito, and Renan. Thinking his TDD and muay thai may be too overwhelming.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Le's gonna kick some math-teacher ass in my opinion.

also loing DHK at only -140.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I grabbed Barao at -150. He dealt with Jorgensen with ease and I think Faber is at or below Jorgensen's level of wrestling. Faber is getting pretty old for the fight game. He had difficulty with Cruz's speed and I think he will have major problems here.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    Cung Le is money at +300, that is just ridiculous..... Wish it was up on my book, fuckersss!!
    Have to say I was very intrigued by this as well.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Le's gonna kick some math-teacher ass in my opinion.
    The thing with Cung Le is that the blueprint is out on how to beat him. His only REAL offence comes from those kicks and there is a lot of tape out there on how to avoid them.

He needs the kicks in order to keep the distance he needs and they are very effective at doing that, but the problem is throwing like 10 focking spinning wheel kicks per round really eats up the gas tank. He was able to hold off Wandelei beautifully until he gassed and got kayoed. He slows down a lot towards the end of each round too, not just near the end of the fight.

He is 40+ now his cardio is only getting worse. I seriously doubt he revamped his entire game in he last few months. He got paid 400k for his last fight and I suspect thats the only reason he is fighting.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Damian Maia is a solid pick

Franklin over Cung Le

I like Faber as another dog

Fuk tito and Chael / Silva is a no play

I think silva takes this
    Last edited by Imsmarterthanu; 05-30-12 at 07:24 AM.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Well, I will go hard in Sonnen this time, in Brazilian's forums i did see declarations of Anderson saying he has a knee injurie, but he will fight anyway. Looks like he is preparing excuses. I am thinking about bet hard in Sonnen and Anderson for KO of the night as a backup, since i believe Sonnen will be very well prepared for any submission attempt.

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    The thing with Cung Le is that the blueprint is out on how to beat him. His only REAL offence comes from those kicks and there is a lot of tape out there on how to avoid them.

He needs the kicks in order to keep the distance he needs and they are very effective at doing that, but the problem is throwing like 10 focking spinning wheel kicks per round really eats up the gas tank. He was able to hold off Wandelei beautifully until he gassed and got kayoed. He slows down a lot towards the end of each round too, not just near the end of the fight.

He is 40+ now his cardio is only getting worse. I seriously doubt he revamped his entire game in he last few months. He got paid 400k for his last fight and I suspect thats the only reason he is fighting.

I don't know if theres a blueprint...his last two losses have been because he gasses, and against Wanderlei it was because of that long layoff inbetween fights. Cung's in a lot better shape now from what I've heard and I feel like he'll really want to go out on a win. I dunno, maybe it's my complete dislike for Rich Franklin clouding my judgement, maybe I should make this a no-play.

After seeing what Silva did to Okami, I'm not worried about Chael really.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

I don't know if theres a blueprint...his last two losses have been because he gasses, and against Wanderlei it was because of that long layoff inbetween fights. Cung's in a lot better shape now from what I've heard and I feel like he'll really want to go out on a win. I dunno, maybe it's my complete dislike for Rich Franklin clouding my judgement, maybe I should make this a no-play.

After seeing what Silva did to Okami, I'm not worried about Chael really.
    Because Okami is even remotely similar to Chael in terms of offensive wrestling?

Chael is Anderson's kryptonite & Anderson is Chael's kryptonite. Just depends on who perfected their holes better in this style clash to shift the odds in their favour.

I will say that the odds for Sonnen have gotten more favourable since moving the fight to Vegas (no Brazilian standups, stress of death threats perceived or real) and Chael being approved for testosterone TUE. His BJJ training with Vinny Maghales is also encouraging. But who knows if Chael self-destructs again. That seems to be his character flaw.

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Because Okami is even remotely similar to Chael in terms of offensive wrestling?

Chael is Anderson's kryptonite & Anderson is Chael's kryptonite. Just depends on who perfected their holes better in this style clash to shift the odds in their favour.

I will say that the odds for Sonnen have gotten more favourable since moving the fight to Vegas (no Brazilian standups, stress of death threats perceived or real) and Chael being approved for testosterone TUE. His BJJ training with Vinny Maghales is also encouraging. But who knows if Chael self-destructs again. That seems to be his character flaw.

Okami might not be similar to Chael in wrestling but he is a beast of a wrestler and the way Anderson tooled him is encouraging. I'm not really sure you can say they're each others kryptonite off of one fight, Anderson's NEVER looked like that again and Sonnen looked like crap against Bisping ( a striker with good TDD/ability to stand back up), granted as I recall Bisping was supposed to be fighting somebody else so different gameplans but still...

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Anderson's weakness: TDD
    Chael's weakness: Submission defence

I don't give a single f*ck about Okami or Bisping in capping this fight. Okami doesn't have Chael's shot. Anderson doesn't have Bisping's base. Period.

Between their first fight up until the rematch, no opponent of either fighter was able to exploit their weakness. Convincing yourself Anderson can stop Chael's TDs based on how he tooled Okami is just fooling yourself IMO.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post

I'm inclined to agree with crippler here. Although I wouldn't play franklin at current odds.

I do like the ITD prop. Played it at -190, would still play it at the current -210.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by caveira View Post
    Well, I will go hard in Sonnen this time, in Brazilian's forums i did see declarations of Anderson saying he has a knee injurie, but he will fight anyway. Looks like he is preparing excuses. I am thinking about bet hard in Sonnen and Anderson for KO of the night as a backup, since i believe Sonnen will be very well prepared for any submission attempt.
    Andy ITD -135 / sonnen dec +475

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Anderson's weakness: TDD
    Chael's weakness: Submission defence

I don't give a single f*ck about Okami or Bisping in capping this fight. Okami doesn't have Chael's shot. Anderson doesn't have Bisping's base. Period.

Between their first fight up until the rematch, no opponent of either fighter was able to exploit their weakness. Convincing yourself Anderson can stop Chael's TDs based on how he tooled Okami is just fooling yourself IMO.
    I really can't agree with not looking at their previous fights. Anderson's looked unstoppable since the Chael fight and Chael has been entirely decent. He beat Stann which isn't saying too much, and he barely beat Michael Bisping. In fairness, Okami didn't really go for too many takedowns (as I recall) and seemed content to let Anderson wail on him in the stand-up. I'm not saying Anderson is going to shrug of Cheal's TD's like they were nothing and TKO him with two punches. I'm just saying Chael hasn't really impressed me his last two fights getting Anderson Silva at -240 is pretty awesome in my book.
    Last edited by Crassus; 05-30-12 at 09:56 AM.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Rumors of a Silva knee injury.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

i can't take anyone here seriously who doesn't know Cung Lee is about as overrated as they come. I think the oddsmakers know it to.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

are you suggesting cung le is being overrated at +300?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

ha yeah, could understand tht statement if Cung was at Evens or something but at +300 against an aging Franklin hmmm

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha yeah, could understand tht statement if Cung was at Evens or something but at +300 against an aging Franklin hmmm
    exactly man...

I can't take anyone seriously here who doesn't realize betting mma is about VALUE, not who is gonna win on paper. Rich is the rightful favorite, but man, I wouldn't put him too high above -170, lol at that line... Get a piece of cung, its totally worth a small sprinkle and in a 3 rnd fight and taking in rich's performances of late, that is ridiculous value.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

exactly man...

I can't take anyone seriously here who doesn't realize betting mma is about VALUE, not who is gonna win on paper.
    Get out of here with that shit. This forum is about picking WINNERZ!

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    haha...I'm sure you all had varner as the winnerz last week, right? VALUE...
    Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 05-30-12 at 01:25 PM.

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    fading the fool who thinks odds are important in gambling

Thor4140

Cung Lee is a fuking stiff at any money. Wvandy is on his last legs and i still bet him over Lee. Franklin will smash him plain and simple and the oddsmakers know it.

MMAbetMASTA

fading the fool who thinks odds are important in gambling
    If I didn't play odds and take them into serious reasoning when I bet then I wouldn't be winning money consistently in this sport. If bet fights strictly on 'who wins' on paper per se, then I would be down a shit load, as would a lot of other people...

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Cung Lee is a fuking stiff at any money. Wvandy is on his last legs and i still bet him over Lee. Franklin will smash him plain and simple and the oddsmakers know it.
    so are you putting your money where your mouth is and playing rich at those ridiculous odds, considering cung is such an 'auto fade' to you??? lol...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

All about winnerz son!

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    are you suggesting cung le is being overrated at +300?
    i bet fights on who i think will win not on what the odds are. IF the odds were even i think FRanklin will smash him. If Franklin was ten to 1 odds i still think Franklin will smash him. Cung will have his moments and that is about it. Who has he beat? Nothing but washed up guys and for fuks sake he got beat by a two washed up guys in Smith and Wvandy. I love Wvandy but got to face facts and that is he is a shot fighter, and Smith. Oh brother.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

so are you putting your money where your mouth is and playing rich at those ridiculous odds, considering cung is such an 'auto fade' to you??? lol...
    ha yeah it's the classic sherdog attitude..."Rich is gonna walk through the chubby chink"...then when u ask them how much they are betting on Franklin they suddenly disappear and u receive no response!

MMAbetMASTA

ha yeah it's the classic sherdog attitude..."Rich is gonna walk through the chubby chink"...then when u ask them how much they are betting on Franklin they suddenly disappear and u receive no response!
    lots of big talkers here...

Thor4140

Well i can do like u and bet both sides of the fight and have a winner every fight (as well as a loser). U are not even worth the time reading with ur hedging and all that other crap u post.

Thor4140

If i can find how much i bet on Silva and that glass jaw of his when he fought Lee, i will dig it up for you.

1234 ... Last