Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Barnett Vs Cormier

So I've just seen the odds for these guys and I was surprised. Bovada has Cormier a +110 underdog and Barnett as a -140 favorite. Should the lines be that close? I'd love to get some input on this fight. Cormier looked meh against Monson and amazing against bigfoot, if that cormier shows up with an unstoppable sprawl and a fedor-esque striking than we're talking easy money at +110. BUT I don't think we've ever seen Cormier on his back and have no idea how good his submission game is, I can easily see Barnett making either a sweep or landing a takedown (he literally picked up a 265+lb Brett Rogers pretty easily) and then ending the night.

Basically-Barnett and Cormier supporters, convince me which is the worthwhile bet!

Anyone got odds on Cormier by TKO and Barnett by submission? That would be interesting to compare since it seems pretty straight-forward how the fights most likely going to end...

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

This is a very tough play for me. My best bet will be that this fight doesn't go the distance, but that will probably be lots of juice.

Libert1ne
    Libert1ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is an easy play for me. I've already laid down a boatload of cashish on him.

I'll give you a hint: his name begins with C and ends in Ormier. I capped him in the -150 to -170 range so it was an easy play. Barnett's not going to be able to get it to the ground in a 3 round fight unless he gets pretty lucky and catches cormier off balance. Standing he'll get picked apart. Cormier's fluid/volume striking reminds me of Cain. I cashed big on him vs bigfoot aswell; I don't think he gets enough credit for his skillset.

I took him at +130, +114, and +110 ages ago when odds first came up and I am still very confident about my decision.

If you're really worried, Barnett inside or Barnett by sub is a decent hedge.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

The line almost seems too good to be true on Cormier. He is at a size disadvantage, but he's faster and has better hands. I don't see Barnett getting him down easily and if he does, I don't think Cormier is going to get smothered. Really wish I had caught Daniel at +130, but I waited too long and took it at +110. I feel pretty good getting this guy at + odds... it may be a while before we do again.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

IIRC, It's 5 rounds Libert1ne (unless they reneged on the tournament final format).

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

The play for me has passed. I loved Corimer when he was +135. I still like him to win, but he is now +110 and had lingering hand issues. So it kind of makes me hesitate a bit.

I do think Corimer matches up well. I think on the feet it could be a very close fight. People may be looking too much into Corimer KOing Bigfoot. This is a very interesting fight that I would lean Corimer on paper. Either way I want to see both in the UFC. Imagine that division if they both come over.

JDS, Reem, Cain, Mir, Bigfoot, Werdum, Corimer, Barnett, Nog, Struve, Hunt, Roy, Del Rosario, Travis Browne...

Vitooch
    Dayman

Cormier as a dog against Silva was one of the easiest dog plays ive made. Barnett is a much tougher test than Bigfoot...better wrestler, deadlier hands, but I think Cormiers extensive work in Strikeforce Challengers and other orgs has really paid off. Starting to lean towards Cormier.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Better wrestler? Maybe in MMA... guess we'll have to see.

Think I'd just call Barnett the better grappler.

Edit: NVM this post... thought you were comparing Barnett to Cormier in wrestling.

Rubber Guard

Barnett said a while back when the fight was made that he looked forward to see if his Pro Wrestling background could take a decorated wrestler like Corimer down. I know Corimer said no chance.

Wonder if Barnett will look to use his grappling by working for TDs, or if he won't waste his time and be happy to stand?

Vitooch
    Dayman

I think he has a much better chance standing...but I think they are pretty evenly matched on the feet, with Cormier having a wrestling advantage. You guys convinced me, Cormier it is

Libert1ne
    Libert1ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should be a ripper of a fight; don't get me wrong... It won't be a one sided beat down. I just see black fedor getting the better of the exchanges on the feet and not letting it get to the ground.

Ah yes I forgot it might be five rounds... I still don't know if Barnett can get him down and if he can keep him there. Cormier's so thick and powerful around the midsection and has a low centre of gravity... He has incredible wrestling pedigree and has looked so so so much better in each fight after the next standing. He really does strike like Cain. I couldn't believe how easy the Bigfoot fight was for him. He's on the rise, continually improving and he's hungry.

Barnett is a great fighter, one of the best heavyweights ever. Just keep in mind he's been able to completely impose his game in his last two fights, but against guys (kharitonov and Rogers) who have pretty much no bottom game. Barnett excels on the ground. I. guarantee you Cormier is training sweeps and working on that ever improving Velasquez- like striking that's so effective and IMO Barnett has always been awkward standing. Should be a great fight. Very happy with + odds.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

black fedor! hahaha good one.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

This is an easy one, Cormier +110 or better its ok for me.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

I should have hit Cormier +140, but i will give it a try anyway.

the josh
    yes, im gay
    the josh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

just gonna pound the cormier line and hedge with barnett sub if i get scared. i dont see another way barnett wins this

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by caveira View Post
    I should have hit Cormier +140, but i will give it a try anyway.
    didnt the books cancel cormier bets after the fight was re-scheduled? i had cormier +125 on 5D and it was cancelled. not sure if this was the case at all the books.

also, i dont think +140 was offered after the re-scheduling. i think the best you could get was +115 or so. unless some of the books kept the old bets alive.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yeah my Pinnacle bet was cancelled at +145

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    yeah my Pinnacle bet was cancelled at +145

thats what i figured. so, caveira, don't be upset that you missed the +140 as it probably would have been cancelled.

i still like cormier at +110. played 2 units.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    didnt the books cancel cormier bets after the fight was re-scheduled? i had cormier +125 on 5D and it was cancelled. not sure if this was the case at all the books.

also, i dont think +140 was offered after the re-scheduling. i think the best you could get was +115 or so. unless some of the books kept the old bets alive.
    Oh yea, I totally forgot that one was taken off the books. Wonder how much action they got on Corimer if it was postponed for an injury he is waiting on....and his money goes closer to even when they come back out with the new line. Loved it at +140, but Corimer injury and the fact that he is down to +110 makes me look at it a little different.

caveira

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    thats what i figured. so, caveira, don't be upset that you missed the +140 as it probably would have been cancelled.

i still like cormier at +110. played 2 units.
    I totally forgot that, but i am with you, Cormier at +110 is still good.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Initially I loved Cormier in this fight, but Cormier didnt have much time to train/improve for this fight because of the hand injury. Barnett has been striking far longer than him and will have a decent reach advantage. I envision a stand up fight, I could see barnett outpointing him or catching him.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Barnett has been striking longer, but I think Cormier is naturally quicker. Barnett's standup has never really impressed me. What you're saying has its validity though.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

barnet will take him down and win.
    On another note my wife just bought me the entire rocky series so I decided to watch them all.
    I dont understand how the refs allowed these fights to continue.Other than the street fight which had no rules.These fights should have been stopped .Rocky was very lucky to still be standing and in most cases he was even awarded the victory.These refs should be fired.
    Also does anyone know if Rocky was teste for steroids.Iwould say he must have been packing at least 10 pounds of roids in his body.Its no wonder he could only produce one kid which didnt even look like him.ADRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

grumpy64
    grumpy64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

This is one of the easiest fights in years to figure out. Josh's only chance is on the ground and the only way it goes to the ground is if cor slips on a banana peel Cormier also has the advantage standing. He'll use good old fashioned anti wrestling to keep it standing and dominate josh on the feet. Josh my win on points for a while but cormiers power will be to much. Josh has weak punches and unless cormier has a glass jaw he should be able to walk through his punches

grumpy64

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Cormier as a dog against Silva was one of the easiest dog plays ive made. Barnett is a much tougher test than Bigfoot...better wrestler, deadlier hands, but I think Cormiers extensive work in Strikeforce Challengers and other orgs has really paid off. Starting to lean towards Cormier.
    Wait did you really just say Barnett is a better wrestler then Cor?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy64 View Post
    Wait did you really just say Barnett is a better wrestler then Cor?
    Was saying better than Bigfoots me thinks

Game70681
    Game70681's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Wow I've been drooling over this fight, wanting to take Barnett. Reading this thread has me in doubt now but I'm still gonna go with Josh. I let a thread like this talk me out of taking Bader over Rampage so I'll be damned. Best of luck though!

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

Wow, everybody's on Cormier. And last year, everyone was on Velasquez.

I'm taking Barnett.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Yes, I meant Barnett is a better wrestler than Bigfoot. Stylistically, Barnett is a much tougher test for Cormier. But I still think in this matchup a speed advantage and wrestling advantage exists in favor of Cormier.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post

I'm taking Barnett.
    And last week everyone was on Sandro. What's your point?

grumpy64

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Yes, I meant Barnett is a better wrestler than Bigfoot. Stylistically, Barnett is a much tougher test for Cormier. But I still think in this matchup a speed advantage and wrestling advantage exists in favor of Cormier.
    oh ok makes a lot more sense.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

I'm taking Barnett.
    Not everybody man, i did make a good money on JDS and if they fight again, i will bet JDS for sure, there is no one in HW division able to stop him. He is on a whole other level...

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6184

I'm taking Barnett.
    liar

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Digo View Post
    Not everybody man, i did make a good money on JDS and if they fight again, i will bet JDS for sure, there is no one in HW division able to stop him. He is on a whole other level...
    Cain will win the rematch.

caveira

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Cain will win the rematch.
    It could happen... But Cain will need to fight in "Sonnen Style" looking for the TD no matter what. If he tries to stand up again, the result will be the same.

12 Last