gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by eligibletackle View Post
    think line is well set for Mouse/McCall - it's too easy for Johnson to win 2 rounds as seen before.

Interested in lines on all others. Hope Pague's title of "generic TUF Scrub" doesn't inflate Papazian's line too much, Pauge aint bad but Papazian is a beast.
    my thoughts exactly.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by fosho14 View Post
    Totally agree that is the most likely outcome. But wasn't the most likely outcome of the Barboza fight just a day ago projected to be Edson handily picking apart Varner on the feet to eventually score the KO or at least pick up a decision? What happens if Brenneman puts Silva on his back for 3 rounds and grapple fitch's him until the final bell dings. It ain't pretty but is very possible. If he can do it to story he can probably do it to silva if he constantly shoots and avoids the striking exchanges. Personally I feel like it's too early to be riding high on fighters like erick silva before they have faced wrestlers who can put them on their backs and test their cardio and will. He very well could be the next bright prospect but I just feel like wins over the likes of a zero in Luis Ramos and carlo prater (who looked awful against TJ Grant) are nothing to get excited about or feel too confident about. This is his first real test.
    I think from footage I saw from studying him a while ago, I recall him having really good TDD... but that might not mean a thing against a wrestler like Charlie B. Silva's got confidence in his fists, though, and Charlie gets wobbly. Silva ITD or by KO hedged with Brenneman by Decision are the plays.

fosho14
    fosho14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I think from footage I saw from studying him a while ago, I recall him having really good TDD... but that might not mean a thing against a wrestler like Charlie B. Silva's got confidence in his fists, though, and Charlie gets wobbly. Silva ITD or by KO hedged with Brenneman by Decision are the plays.
    Ya that hedge is def the safest and probably smartest thing to do for low risk low return. I might be greedy and risky though and just go with small action on silva ITD and pass on the hedged Brennman insurance. Basically just gonna hope that the low probability situation I described above doesn't happen.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    i played creepy at +130 (missed the +160 opener on 5d). i capped him as a slight favorite so i'll gladly take the dog odds.

Grabbed creepy a while ago at +140, great bet in my opinion.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Looks like the prop odds on Silva/Brenneman drastically changed within an hour of me posting that. GL to anyone else that jumped on that before the two lines got smashed down.

Crassus

is McCal within the distance (+966) a half decent bet? If he hadn't showboated he definitely would have...

EDIT:

Also

Last edited by Crassus; 05-28-12 at 10:22 AM.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Grabbed creepy a while ago at +140, great bet in my opinion.
    Me 2.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Eddie Wineland +160
    Scott Jorgensen -210

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

mighty mouse by decision all day

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    You also have a third Papazian backer here. We should keep a tally.
    Four.

fosho14
    fosho14's Avatar Become A Pro!

five

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I wanna watch Easton vs Papazian again, but can't find it anywhere online! Link, anyone?

helpplease
    helpplease's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol ye I have that fight saved .. I`ll upload it somewhere for ya if u want and when rewatching it Papazian was not nearly as impressive as I first thought .. he was very passive and gun shy to just let his hands fly lol kinda reminds me of a eddie wineland .

I have Dustin Pague winning this one by decision .

helpplease
    helpplease's Avatar Become A Pro!

best bet on this card is Dustin Pague .. would be a bonus to get him as an underdog !

Dustin Pague and over 2.5 round bet(small play ) , Jake Hecht straight up(LARGE play) .. Henry Martinez(Small-Medium Play) and eddie wineland vs scotty jorgenson above 2.5 rounds ( LARGE PLAY )

and lastly carlos eduardo Rocha is a good bet too if u can get him at +150 or better .. Put a small play on this

Oblivian
    Oblivian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 721

I like Mighty Mouse here. He was winning the majority of the fight vs. McCall. He was even winning the beginning of the third. McCall came on very strong, but Mighty Mouse still looked solid throughout most of the fight. It's just tough to bank on McCall rallying like that again or winning the majority of the fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by helpplease View Post
    best bet on this card is Dustin Pague .. would be a bonus to get him as an underdog !

Dustin Pague and over 2.5 round bet(small play ) , Jake Hecht straight up(LARGE play) .. Henry Martinez(Small-Medium Play) and eddie wineland vs scotty jorgenson above 2.5 rounds ( LARGE PLAY )

and lastly carlos eduardo Rocha is a good bet too if u can get him at +150 or better .. Put a small play on this
    You'll most definitely get Pague as underdog...he'll probably be +200 range

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Gabe, we are due for a Super Lock.

I can sense you are going to POUND this card and make it your BIOTCH!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Papazian will be the locks of all locks! Especially now that he's being mentored by the greatest Armenian to have ever lived in Kenny Florian! Me and Gabe are gonna go in to business together and open a baklava restaurant together in Glendale after we cash this bad boii!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Gabe, we are due for a Super Lock.

I can sense you are going to POUND this card and make it your BIOTCH!!
    Max Holloway was a "super lock" last week. Just don't really use words like that anymore.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Papazian will be the locks of all locks! Especially now that he's being mentored by the greatest Armenian to have ever lived in Kenny Florian! Me and Gabe are gonna go in to business together and open a baklava restaurant together in Glendale after we cash this bad boii!
    Florian is mentoring the Papaz?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Florian is mentoring the Papaz?
    yee buddy...Ken Flo has moved out to LA and wants to open up or take over a gym there. He's been helping Papazian prepare for this one so expect to hear Florian reppin Pap a lot on Friday night and probably being slightly bias in his analysis!

He mentions Papazian towards end of this interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEjHPTBovbs

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

yee buddy...Ken Flo has moved out to LA and wants to open up or take over a gym there. He's been helping Papazian prepare for this one so expect to hear Florian reppin Pap a lot on Friday night and probably being slightly bias in his analysis!

He mentions Papazian towards end of this interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEjHPTBovbs

I've been thinking about checking out the Jitz school Papaz goes to.

Crassus

Kenny would move out to LA the summer before I was gonna go to Florian MMA...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I've been thinking about checking out the Jitz school Papaz goes to.
    yeah Gracie Barra, u should..if I had all these quality gyms near me Id be there all the time!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

yeah Gracie Barra, u should..if I had all these quality gyms near me Id be there all the time!
    That's Gracie Barra Burbank... there is a Gracie Barra here in Hollywood, too, I wonder how it is over there?

Also, there's 10th Planet... Hard to decide...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

V-- Papazian and Martinez is my monster parlay too buddy!! YEAH!!!! My top 2 picks... Jorgensen is my third, but for some reason I feel like an upset could happen there... but realistically, no way Jorg loses.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

That's Gracie Barra Burbank... there is a Gracie Barra here in Hollywood, too, I wonder how it is over there?

Also, there's 10th Planet... Hard to decide...
    yeah, not short of options at least!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

V-- Papazian and Martinez is my monster parlay too buddy!! YEAH!!!! My top 2 picks... Jorgensen is my third, but for some reason I feel like an upset could happen there... but realistically, no way Jorg loses.
    Yeah initially I really liked Jorgensen as well...he is clearly the better grappler and is just as tough as Wineland. I've always really like Wineland's striking tho, and I do worry tht Jorgensen has got caught up in striking battles before. If he's smart tho he'll try and put Wineland on his back for most of fight were he will offer no offence or danger.

Papazian and Martinez kind of seem like those kind of fights that are too good to be true! Like too easy to call tht I must be missing something. Had tht feeling about Hardy and Holloway as well and made the mistake of hesitating and only betting small on those (although tht hesitancy to go big on them was partly because of the bad night I had last month when during Miller/Diaz event). Now tht I've made up for the loss on tht event I can take bigger chances for this event and the next UFC on FX in a couple weeks where ther are a few plays I intend on going big on

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Yeah initially I really liked Jorgensen as well...he is clearly the better grappler and is just as tough as Wineland. I've always really like Wineland's striking tho, and I do worry tht Jorgensen has got caught up in striking battles before. If he's smart tho he'll try and put Wineland on his back for most of fight were he will offer no offence or danger.

Papazian and Martinez kind of seem like those kind of fights that are too good to be true! Like too easy to call tht I must be missing something. Had tht feeling about Hardy and Holloway as well and made the mistake of hesitating and only betting small on those (although tht hesitancy to go big on them was partly because of the bad night I had last month when during Miller/Diaz event). Now tht I've made up for the loss on tht event I can take bigger chances for this event and the next UFC on FX in a couple weeks where ther are a few plays I intend on going big on
    Matt Brown + Brian Ebersole + Sam Stout parlay?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Matt Brown + Brian Ebersole + Sam Stout parlay?
    Seems solid. I've already got Stout in a parlay, not sure if I'll add more on him.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure you're all gonna get great odds on these picks since the whole world knows who you are planning to go big on before the lines are out!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    I'm sure you're all gonna get great odds on these picks since the whole world knows who you are planning to go big on before the lines are out!!
    What if we are bluffing tho brother? Me and Gabriel may have conspired via private message so that we get better lines on their opponents

MMAbetMASTA

What if we are bluffing tho brother? Me and Gabriel may have conspired via private message so that we get better lines on their opponents
    ha perhaps, I saw some dude in another thread fading papazian hard which I couldn't believe was serious... but from what I know on these matches you all picked I'd find that hard to believe! I won't bitch anymore than my smug comment above and I'm over it, but you all know how I feel about this yet there's nothing I can do - it's a public forum for free chatting, so it is what it is...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    ha perhaps, I saw some dude in another thread fading papazian hard which I couldn't believe was serious... but from what I know on these matches you all picked I'd find that hard to believe! I won't bitch anymore than my smug comment above and I'm over it, but you all know how I feel about this yet there's nothing I can do - it's a public forum for free chatting, so it is what it is...
    ha yeah I wasn't sure about tht either!

End of the day, Gabe and I are just two chumps who like to gamble on two dudes fighting in a cage, and in this particular case we like Papazian and Martinez in their fights. We haven't offered any valuable insight in to why we think either might win, and moreover it's pretty obvious tht both are going to be chalky regardless of what we or anybody else says - just because of the fact that both their opponents did not look impressive at all in their previous fights whilst both Papazian and Martinez did very well in their previous fights where they weren't expected to do so well.

MMAbetMASTA

ha yeah I wasn't sure about tht either!

End of the day, Gabe and I are just two chumps who like to gamble on two dudes fighting in a cage, and in this particular case we like Papazian and Martinez in their fights. We haven't offered any valuable insight in to why we think either might win, and moreover it's pretty obvious tht both are going to be chalky regardless of what we or anybody else says - just because of the fact that both their opponents did not look impressive at all in their previous fights whilst both Papazian and Martinez did very well in their previous fights where they weren't expected to do so well.
    I hear you and good points yet I stilll disagree, however I'm not gonna argue with you or anyone else on this, as I've stated my case plenty on this matter and dragged it on enough in other threads.

And yes they'll def be chalky, unfortunately.

First 12345 ... Last