Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC 144 the most bestest bet

hi again. been busy lately and wasn't able to do any research for today's fights. so what's the "safest" bet tonight? i'm just looking for one winner tonight so i can enjoy most of the event without having the worry

no one please say benson or edgar cuz that's one fight i just wanna watch and enjoy

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Okami

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kid yamamoto this is joe silva doing his best to get kid a win

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I'm chalkin' out on Okami and Kongo.

I really like Pettis as well, though I hedged with some Lauzon round1 and Lauzon SOTN (when it was +2500).

bipolar
    bipolar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

if you want to take a little more risk with a good payout, take bader... rampage is over weight and possibly quite out of shape... hes ageing and his motivation for fighting has always been questioned and now he fights an upcomer with nothing to gain really... i foresee a subpar performance... bader is a solid wrestler and can grind out a boring decision against rampage...

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Hatsu Hioki

Pew Pew
    Banned

what about fukuda? various forums i visited are big on fukuda

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't believe people are so confident in many of these fights!!! They're so hard to call!!!

These are some of the most competitive match ups in recent memory, or at least on paper I think they are.

I would play some overs on this card - I have a feeling we will see a good amount of fights go the distance...

Really like mizugaki / chris over, okami / boetsch over, fukuda / cantwell over, and edgar / bendo over.

My book still has yet to put them up so I'm hoping I can get some action on these before its too late. Otherwise I have very limited plays tonight, I've researched a lot and can't really call any fights with confidence.

Only plays I have are a str8 line on edgar at -135 and str8 line play on pettis - And I am not too confident in those either. Also have small upsets on boetch, tamura, mitsuoka, and hunt. I think these are all very live dogs.

There really is no safe play imo for this card. Sheilds is proably a lock but sexy's tdd is a BIG question mark.... Lots of people are confident in the heavy favorites but I'd be scared to be paying that high juice on some guys. They'll probably win, but just risky for little reward.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Pew Pew View Post
    what about fukuda? various forums i visited are big on fukuda
    recently got in a car accident and he's even admitted he's not fully recovered and did not have the full training camp he wanted... If it weren't for this I'd be all over riki against cantwell - he's basically a better version of massenzio imo...

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Mostly parlays and small props for me. My biggest straight bet is on Edgar at -115.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Kid yamamoto this is joe silva doing his best to get kid a win
    I gotta say this is a pretty good style match up for kid, I'd agree he's pretty good for the win, but again, just juicy... I hate paying such a high price in a fight that has some question marks and concerns...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I agree with most of what masterbetmma had to say, especially fights going the distance.

Though, could turn out to be a night of unexpected japanese crowd-pleasing finishes.

Pew Pew
    Banned

of all the overs, what do you like the most?

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Fukuda/Cantwell over is probably the best

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

probably fukuda/cantwell. mizugaki/cariasco and boetsch/okami are solid too... i think so is bendo/edgar, but it's a 5 rounder, so ya never know... i've got the over 2.5 on those and over 4.5 on that...

i have over 1.5 on lee/yamamoto and hunt/kongo

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Yamamoto's juice is...

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    probably fukuda/cantwell. mizugaki/cariasco and boetsch/okami are solid too... i think so is bendo/edgar, but it's a 5 rounder, so ya never know... i've got the over 2.5 on those and over 4.5 on that...

i have over 1.5 on lee/yamamoto and hunt/kongo
    yes, the first three gabe listed are the best imo...

Top choice is mizugaki / cariaso - but its the most juicy, -300....

I'll admit though playing overs is not really my thing and I have yet to have consistent success with it...they can really bite you in the ass and ruin your night. I though RDA / GSOT was a lock and would never end in a finish, but we saw what happened and that killed me... Something I never thought would happen happened in a few seconds, so they are pretty scary plays especially paying high juice. BUt at this point I'd be more confident paying juice and a high price on these overs than paying high juice on some str8n favorites that I think are being overvalued..

MMAbetMASTA

I was just thinking about this, and its something to consider....

If you're betting tamura as an upset as I am, you're basically betting on him to grind the shit out of zhang in top control for three rounds... He has very smothering control, good cardio, and doesn't really do much when on top...

If you think this is what might happen, as I'm hoping, then the over for this fight is only -125 for 2 1/2 rnd... see what I'm saying?

On the flip side, if you like zhang then you're basically betting on him to finish tamura in the first round with one of his subs... considering tamura's fought a few guys who are better grapplers I don't see this happening. But I could be wrong as I'll admit I have somewhat limited knowledge on tamura. So even if zhang wins I'd be surprised to see a finsih from him and tamura only has one finish.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude serious i dont like to say when dudes should retire but kid ....,its time you're done