Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Does this look like a lock???

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

If Struve pulls guard he will win this fight. Certainly not counting on it though.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    If Struve pulls guard he will win this fight. Certainly not counting on it though.
    Why will he? Wouldnt say it's even close to a sure thing

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Does this look like a lock???

The Mixed Martial Artist Former Known As Prince Dave Herman.

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

This isn't relevant to what you posted, but I thought I'd share. I just saw this comment on a BE post in regards to the Herman Struve fight: "i had this dream the other night that both these guys hit eachother at the same time and both fell down. but struve slowly got back to his feet circa wwf 1985 and won the match. that would be crazy if it came true!"

I had that same EXACT dream last night. Double KO but Struve recovers more quickly and wins. I rarely dream and it's never been about MMA before so I got chills when I read that. That's the only fight I remember but I woke up pissed that Markes lost, Herman lost, but on the upside Ellenberger won.. so I'm laying there trying to do the math in a daze (am I up or down?) before I realized it was a dream.

Anyway, I think Herman takes this. I got him him at -105 and -135.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Quote Originally Posted by scofflaw View Post
    This isn't relevant to what you posted, but I thought I'd share. I just saw this comment on a BE post in regards to the Herman Struve fight: "i had this dream the other night that both these guys hit eachother at the same time and both fell down. but struve slowly got back to his feet circa wwf 1985 and won the match. that would be crazy if it came true!"

I had that same EXACT dream last night. Double KO but Struve recovers more quickly and wins. I rarely dream and it's never been about MMA before so I got chills when I read that. That's the only fight I remember but I woke up pissed that Markes lost, Herman lost, but on the upside Ellenberger won.. so I'm laying there trying to do the meth in a daze (am I up or down?) before I realized it was a dream.

Anyway, I think Herman takes this. I got him him at -105 and -135.
    You should really lay off that shit!

Any chance you read that comment before the dream? It's creepy and would be awesome if it happened - except the part that we all lose money on Herman.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Markes and Herman lost? Dang... go back to sleep.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Maybe not a sure thing, but I very much like his chances to either sweep or submit Herman.

I rewatched his fight against Einemo and besides that one flurry of strikes that rocked Einemo he really didn't look good. Struve is a better matchup for him stylistically but I think Struve's experience against much higher level fighters could prove the difference.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Maybe not a sure thing, but I very much like his chances to either sweep or submit Herman.

I rewatched his fight against Einemo and besides that one flurry of strikes that rocked Einemo he really didn't look good. Struve is a better matchup for him stylistically but I think Struve's experience against much higher level fighters could prove the difference.
    Herman has never been sub'd in his life.

Struve has a solid ground game for a HW. And his long limbs help him pull stuff off. But he is far from a BJJ guru. He is a Purple Belt who has only sub'd bums. I would think Herman is the equivalent to a Purple Belt.

Struve might pull guard, and that might be a decent option for him. But probably because he finds himself losing the standup battle.

Lets not act like Struve is Roger Gracie.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

He also swept and reversed Einemo twice in that fight though

Vitooch
    Dayman

This is why I'm staying away from this fight lol.