Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Ken Shamrock busted for steroids

Idiot.

Mixed martial arts legend Ken Shamrock tested positive for three illegal anabolic steroids — Norandrosterone, Noretiocholanolone and Stanozolol — after his first round armbar submission over Ross Clifton at War Gods: “Valentine’s Eve Massacre,” which took place at Selland Arena in Fresno, Calif., on Feb. 13, according to the California State Athletic Commission.

Shamrock has been suspended and fined $2,500 for the transgression. He has the right to appeal the finding in the future.

If the positive test is upheld it will more than likely erase the first win in four years for “The World’s Most Dangerous Man.” In addition, it will throw a wrench into his upcoming fight against former WWE superstar turned MMA fighter, Bobby Lashley, in the Roy Jones Jr.-promoted hybrid MMA and boxing event from the Pensacola Civic Center in Pensacola, Fla., on March 21.

In fact, it could be another big money match down the tubes for the Lions Den founder.

That’s because Shamrock was supposed to collide with Internet street fighting sensation Kimbo Slice at Elite XC: “Heat” in October 2008. However, Shamrock pulled out of that scheduled match with Slice on fight night because of a cut sustained in warm-ups and has since been accused by younger brother Frank of cutting himself to get out of the fight.

Lashley is an absolute monster, boasting a a rare blend of size, freakish athleticism and blazing quickness. He’s going to be a handful for anybody in a fight, let alone a 45-year-old man who’s lost eight of his last 11 contests and hasn’t beaten a decent heavyweight since submitting Bas Rutten nearly 14 years ago.

Perhaps this is a blessing disguise after all.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Couldn't have happen to a "better" person.

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I hope Shamrock comes back for a few more fights. Bet against him no matter who he's facing! Shamrock loves getting destroyed. Maybe he's betting against himself and losing on purpose. Whatever. He sucks, and he's a bettor's dream

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Speaking of Bobby Lashley, I had no idea who he was, but after reading about his "monsterous" size, I had to do some research on him.

Lashley: a 251-pound, six-foot one, black monster training with ATT (American Top Team) with a flawless MMA record (1-0, lol) After watching his 41-second Doctor Stoppage TKO victory, that didn't leave me much footage to analyze, all I can say is that he's BIG and he's fast. Reminds me of Brock Lesnar's first MMA fight: raining down punches in full guard...fast punches...hard punches.

So, I wanted to see who Lashley's next opponent was, and it turns out that he's scheduled to fight Jason Guida on March 21st, this weekend. Weird doesn't even describe the circumstances of this fight. For everyone that isn't aware, Jason Guida is formerly a light-heavyweight and currently, a 185-lb middleweight

Jason Guida holds a professional MMA record of 17-19, which absolutely screams "HEY GUYS, I'M A CAN!" Obviously, we can expect Guida to put on weight and come in somewhere in the vicinity of 215-220 lbs, but you can bet that he'll look flabbier than Oprah.

I'll be betting on Lashley to absolutely destroy Guida. Guida doesn't stand a chance.
    Prop bets (If I can find them):
    Fight won't go the distance
    Fight will end in the first round
    Lashley by TKO

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I have been looking for any line on Lashley / Guida. With the fight on such a small show, I'm not sure one will come out. I honestly think it will be ridiculous though, like LASHLEY -1000.