BallinBlades
    BallinBlades's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ballin Blades UFC on FX 1 Official Picks

Here we go guys ill make this one real short and sweet. There is not a whole lot on this card but hey its free and there is money to be made. I am excited for the Neer Ludwig fight myself. I am picking the whole card and if you have any specific questions let me know.

Nick Denis vs Joseph Sandoval.
    I see Nick Denis outstriking Sandoval en route to a unanimous decision win. I think Denis just has more experience and is sharper everywhere.

Daniel Pineda vs Pat Schilling
    I got Schilling a young undefeated prospect stopping a tuff Pineda by tko early.

Fabricio Camoes vs Tom Hayden
    Fabricio should be a little to much for Hayden. He trains with black house and is coming off a win over ultimate fighter winner Efrain Escudaro . Hayden trains with a a good team as well but has only fought a few times in the past few years and is coming off a injury. I see Camoes winning a unanimous decision farily easily.

Charlie Brenneman vs Daniel Roberts
    Brenneman wins this one by unanimous decision. Brenneman has proved he belongs in the middle to upper tier and roberts has been very dissapointing. Brennaman crusies for a nice w.

Kamal Shalorus vs Habib Nurmagomedov
    Kamal has fought very good opposition while Habib has not. Habib has great submissions but no standup and theres no way he takes shalorus down. Shalorus has been training his standup with Antoni Hardonk and while it may not be pretty he hits hard and is better than Habib everywhere but submsissions. Kamal keeps this standing and beats up Habib for a unanimous decision.

Jorge Rivera vs Eric Schafer
    Rivera may be getting old but he has to much power in his hands and has fought and done better against higher level competition. Rivera by ko/tko.

Christian Morecraft vs HD Pat Barry
    Both these guys are on the bottom of the heavyweight division but Pat Barry has the advantage standing and thats were it starts. His training with Brock Lesnar should help him defend any of Morecrafts takedown attempts. I see Pat HD Barry winning by a late tko.

Jared Papazian vs Mike Easton
    Both have experience against good competition. Easton had beaten tuf winner John Dodson and former wec champion Chase Beebe. He is also a physically gifted athlete and is going to be to much for Papazian. Look for Easton to dominate this fight en route to a unanimous decision victory.

Josh Neer vs Duane Ludwig
    Both of these fierce competitors have a TON of experience at the highest level (ufc). Ludwig is coming off a nice win over Amir Sahollah and loves to "Bang". Neer is also coming off a nice brutal and bloody win over Kieth Wisinewski. Neer is also on a 5 fight win streak and has been training with the diaz brothers lately. They both come to fight but i see Neer being more durable, having better cardio, and mainly being more hungry. Neer by third round submission.

Jim Miller vs Melvin Guillard
    Both coming off dissapointing losses and both among the elite at 155. Melvin certainly has the power and athleticism to pull out the victory. I just dont think the decision to leave Jacksons was a good one. I see Miller taking him down and grinding out a big victory. Look for Miller to have a big fight with Nate Diaz late spring/early summer for a crack at that lightweight title.

My LOCK for the night is Jim Miller
    Last edited by BallinBlades; 01-19-12 at 08:32 PM.

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Picks are utterly useless. What are your bets??????

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Picking winners is easy. You picked all but two favorites.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Miller/Guillard - Very hard fight to call, and then call it the lock of the night.

J/K hope you cash big!!

BallinBlades

Hey prop joe, stay out of my posts if you dont like em. Im not going to picks losers or guys i dont think are going to win just for the heck of it there loser. I also have the ballz and knowledge to pick the whole card, sumthing i dont see alot of others doing.

Big Day, Even though its a tuff 1 to call i just like miller so much right now and cant picture him losing back to back. Plus i will be placing my largest wager on him due to odds and confidence in him as a fighter.

Fight, i dont care what you think i am only sharing bets with guys that have been messaging me i actually like. On these posts all i am doing is picking winners and losers like i said i would initially. Deal with it.
    Last edited by BallinBlades; 01-19-12 at 08:33 PM.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

BOL

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

So many worthless new posters here. Can we just lock it up with the dozen or so decent guys who are here. Each new poster is somehow the NEW WORST poster.

more_betterness

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    So many worthless new posters here. Can we just lock it up with the dozen or so decent guys who are here. Each new poster is somehow the NEW WORST poster.
    Free entertainment though ya?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Maybe if they weren't all so terrible in EXACTLY the same way.

FightFightFight

Quote Originally Posted by BallinBlades View Post
    Hey prop joe, stay out of my posts if you dont like em. Im not going to picks losers or guys i dont think are going to win just for the heck of it there loser. I also have the ballz and knowledge to pick the whole card, sumthing i dont see alot of others doing.

Big Day, Even though its a tuff 1 to call i just like miller so much right now and cant picture him losing back to back. Plus i will be placing my largest wager on him due to odds and confidence in him as a fighter.

Fight, i dont care what you think i am only sharing bets with guys that have been messaging me i actually like. On these posts all i am doing is picking winners and losers like i said i would initially. Deal with it.
    It's a gambling forum numbnuts, picks have little to do with it. If you don't understand this, maybe we can help. Otherwise don't post non gambling threads in the gambling forum. Just dm your buddies.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Getting out of hand, I agree. I easily go weeks at a time without even looking at this forum, that never used to happen a few years ago.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

It wouldn't be so bad if people were like, "Hey, I'm gonna post my picks here" Like Scotty who's totally awesome and puts lots of thought into his videos (even if he is just trying to get affiliate $$$).

But they all show up and say "I'm the guy to follow for MMA betting" "Take my picks if you want to make some money", and then proceed to show they know **** all about anything.

FightFightFight

Scotty has some nice gambling follow ups now too.

more_betterness

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if people were like, "Hey, I'm gonna post my picks here" Like Scotty who's totally awesome and puts lots of thought into his videos (even if he is just trying to get affiliate $$$). But they all show up and say "I'm the guy to follow for MMA betting" "Take my picks if you want to make some money", and then proceed to show they know **** all about anything.
    But... but... but I picked 80% on the last card!

BallinBlades

HATERS, Weres all your win loss records? Cuz all mine will be posted under all my posts from here on out. Dont post if you dont like the thread. Its real simple. Most people bet on the moneyline in mma so all you do is see who i picked and bet on them if you like my picks. What dont you understand fff? Picks have little to do with gambling? Really?
    Last edited by BallinBlades; 01-19-12 at 09:26 PM.

BallinBlades

Most of you tards on here only pick a couple fights anyways. Im also giving you not only moneyline picks but what i think exact outcome will be. So stop crying. Some of you are pathetic. What more do you haters want.

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Miller/Guillard - Very hard fight to call, and then call it the lock of the night.

J/K hope you cash big!!
    Guillard is a wild card but has pretty good TDD and can knock anyone out in the division and can get submitted by pretty much anyone as well. No fight involving somone like that should ever be concidered a lock either way.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Picking winners is fine. But realize that you could pick winners at 70% and still be losing a ton of money. Take UFC 142. You picked Eric Silva who lost. That means you would have lost $400 on one fight and would need to have picked 3-4 other fights correctly just to break even money wise. Betting on every fight is poor money management and is just too much information to go over. People only bet their strongest plays because that is how you win money.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

HATERS, Weres all your win loss records? Cuz all mine will be posted under all my posts from here on out. Dont post if you dont like the thread. Its real simple. Most people bet on the moneyline in mma so all you do is see who i picked and bet on them if you like my picks. What dont you understand fff? Picks have little to do with gambling? Really?
    Ballin, we don't care about win-loss records. We care about bankrolls.

A guy could go 1-3 on his picks (what a craptastic record, eh), but if his "1" is his biggest play, or a nice dog pick, he could be in the green.

Meanwhile, Gabe's mom could go 3-1 (super impressive 75% record) betting chalk and be in the red if she's not careful with her wagers.

I don't intend for that to come off as azzhole-ish as it probably reads, just trying to explain why you're getting smacked around a bit in here. If you're looking to impress people, start a thread posting plays (with units) and grow your bankroll, and respect will come naturally. Any hack can come in and post "picks" ahead of the event, or even worse, show up after an event and say how he's such a winner picking mma (yet these guys never seem to post wagers ahead of events, surprisingly). Gambling isn't about picks, records, or your girlfriend's titties (though, feel free to post pics). It's about making money.

You've mentioned you're new, so I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt as you've put a fair amount of effort into some of your posts. And as others have mentioned, we've had an influx of pompous fly-by-night "experts" posting lately.

ED

FightFightFight

Do you think all your picks have a 80% chance of winning (-400), or 50.1%(-101)? If you think someone has a 55% chance of winning, will you bet him at -260? Or take the guy with a 45% chance? Seriously, I can be a prick, but DM me and I'll explain this voodoo to you because you NEED to understand this or you'll lose all your money. Or anyone here can explain for that matter.

BallinBlades

I see what some of you are saying. I dont bet on every play just pick every fight cuz i want anyone to see my opinion on every fight. I would never pick a -400 unless i was sure on that pick. I know a bit more than some of you may think. But i dont know as much as most of you. All i know is i usually am really good at picking the winners. I understand there is strategy behind gambling and i dont actually make a bet unless im pretty confident. Anyways i dont have as much knowledge as some of you about gambling but i know mma, its my sport and like someone else's football. Hope we kick some ass tomorow nite. My main play is Jim Miller though. Im gunna be betting 350 on him through 5 dimes to win 200. I am also taking pat barry at -160 to win 100. The dogs i like are Schilling and Rivera who i also may lay a bit down on.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

I see what some of you are saying. I dont bet on every play just pick every fight cuz i want anyone to see my opinion on every fight. I would never pick a -400 unless i was sure on that pick. I know a bit more than some of you may think. But i dont know as much as most of you. All i know is i usually am really good at picking the winners. I understand there is strategy behind gambling and i dont actually make a bet unless im pretty confident. Anyways i dont have as much knowledge as some of you about gambling but i know mma, its my sport and like someone else's football. Hope we kick some ass tomorow nite. My main play is Jim Miller though. Im gunna be betting 350 on him through 5 dimes to win 200. I am also taking pat barry at -160 to win 100. The dogs i like are Schilling and Rivera who i also may lay a bit down on.
    gl dude. if you like barry you should consider barry by tko prop.

more_betterness

Even though we've been giving you a hard time the main difference between you and your predecessors is right now you've been relatively open and willing to learn. Leaning towards being with you on Schilling, haven't made a play yet though.
    Last edited by more_betterness; 01-19-12 at 10:57 PM.

FightFightFight

You dont really seem autistic either.

BallinBlades

Cool, id like to learn more. Do any of you ever get payouts via person to person. Which book is usually the fastest? Any suggestions? Any favorite mma books? I got a 5dimes one right now and i like it alrite.
    Last edited by BallinBlades; 01-20-12 at 12:13 AM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Just got home from my date. Bad news: Degenr8s mom doesn't swall0w

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

The people giving you the hardest time on here have not really done anything or benefited anyone in any way. From what I've seen, they've mostly been behind losing plays. They haven't contributed anything. You're here trying to share what you know, and they're hating on you.

I've been here for months and haven't seen them contribute a damn thing, but they just feel so comfortable attacking you when you try to.

Guys like these have watched tons of MMA and have read every gambling book lol but I have yet to see the purpose of them being at this forum, since all they do is either talk shit or talk about fights in threads started by other people who actually contribute.

I have seen guys like Jesus Christ, Big Day and Vaughany contribute with good picks that are actually helpful to people who cruise through here, but guys like Nunya and Degenr8 have done nothing except hate on people, in all my months here. Don't take it personally. It's just the type of people they are.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Just got home from my date. Bad news: Degenr8s mom doesn't swall0w
    I expect better retorts from a comedy fan such as yourself.

Don't be mad 'cos this new guy is already above you on the food chain here...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    I expect better retorts from a comedy fan such as yourself. Don't be mad 'cos this new guy is already above you on the food chain here...
    You expect a better "retort" to you saying something about my mom? LOL I'm sorry my "retort" didn't live up to the brilliance that was your insult.

Yeah, I'm a fan of comedy. LOL nice insult

At least I'm on the food chain. You aren't. =)

You actually seem like an OK guy when you aren't being hateful. Same with Nunya.

BallinBlades

Thanks for the support gabe. I really am just trying to help people out. I just have a very deep knowledge of mma. Maybe i shouldnt have came across saying im the guy and blah blah blah, its just where im from i am with picks. I am not naive enough to think im the smartest out there and sometimes i am wrong. I just am right alot more than im wrong. Im also not scared to post my record and post all my picks. Looking to win some money tommorow. Hope everyone does well.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Hope everyone does well.
    I hope only the people betting on the guys I'm betting on do well.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I hope only the people betting on the guys I'm betting on do well.
    That seems awful selfish buddy. Sometimes I hope you lose even when it costs me money, too.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

If you were suppose to make a bet with x units...what would that bet be BB?

BallinBlades

bookmaker vs 5 dimes, who has the quickest payouts via person to person. Generally how long does it take that method?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

About 4 - 6 days on bookmaker, I think its shorter on 5dimes.

12 Last