koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Is Gonzaga Too Big A Pussy To Take With Any Sort Of Confidence?

The guy is a great frontrunner. But the moment he gets any sort of adversity in a fight, he's toast. Edinaldo is undefeated, has KO power, and is a black belt in BJJ. Everyone seems to think he's awfully sloppy though and is taking Big Nose with confidence. But it sounds like he's tough and hard to finish, the opposite of Gonzaga. Gonzaga got friggin rocked by a Couture jab. This guy has no chin or fortitude.

koscheckbaby

For those that have seen Oliviera's fights, does he go to the fetal position at all? Watching Mayhem and Rivera go fetal in previous fights made me like Bisping, since that's the only way he can get a TKO. If Oliviera has a knack for going into the fetal position in his fights instead of fighting back, Gonzaga probably could get him.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Ednaldo should be a big favorite, the line is a steal.

Don't let people talking him down on here discourage you. I've missed out on good plays and have also bet a lot less than I normally wanted to bet on winning plays 'cos of the guy I'm betting on being talked down on here.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

Don't let people talking him down on here discourage you. I've missed out on good plays and have also bet a lot less than I normally wanted to bet on winning plays 'cos of the guy I'm betting on being talked down on here.
    I can truly understand the Gonzaga backers at the current line though, since he's so talented. But if this Ednaldo is tough, like the Joey Beltran type that keeps fighting through adversity, I think he'll make Gonzaga quit within the 15 minutes. But it's possible he's overmatched skill wise and just loses.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

With the line so close this fight should be a golden live betting option.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    With the line so close this fight should be a golden live betting option.
    For who though?

If it's live betting, Edinaldo should be -10000 if he just touches Gonzaga, who will go fetal.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    I can truly understand the Gonzaga backers at the current line though, since he's so talented. But if this Ednaldo is tough, like the Joey Beltran type that keeps fighting through adversity, I think he'll make Gonzaga quit within the 15 minutes. But it's possible he's overmatched skill wise and just loses.
    He's got JDS in his corner. Junior isn't gonna coach no puss!

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Well like you said if Oliveira makes it through the first then he can make Gonzaga quit. Should be able to get a good read on this one in the first minute or two.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Why should he be a big favorite? Im sure youve never seen him fight.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Why should he be a big favorite? Im sure youve never seen him fight.
    You're right, I've never seen him fight in person. This thing you're using, right now, called "the internet" - you can use it to watch fights of fighters who haven't fought in the UFC before. Sounds like you didn't know, so you're welcome.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Nevermind. Just saw your posts in other thread. You took 10 mins to search the wiki page of a fighter whom youve never seen fight and came to the conclusion that the line is way off. Very sharp.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

This fight comes down to GG's mental state.

There's EO fights on youtube. He's fought scrubs, and has wild sloppy striking. To his advantage, he's lanky as hell, and does utilize a jab a bit. He also tends to drop his hands, and that could spell trouble for him against Gonzaga.

There's value in this line, but as you can see in this thread - it's debated to which side.

koscheckbaby

Wasn't Chase Gormley apart of Team Blackhouse? Every gym has to have their cans. Just saying. Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-15-15 at 01:21 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Educ8d Degener8

Classic Gabe... never taken the time to actually watch a fighter... judge's value in line from wiki records...

Here's the caliber of EO's recent opponents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0HhJ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjA7M09T3E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gu_To6auGg

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    This fight comes down to GG's mental state.

There's EO fights on youtube. He's fought scrubs, and has wild sloppy striking. To his advantage, he's lanky as hell, and does utilize a jab a bit. He also tends to drop his hands, and that could spell trouble for him against Gonzaga.

There's value in this line, but as you can see in this thread - it's debated to which side.
    Thanks for your response.

I want to bet on Gonzaga, hearing the shit I hear about Oliviera. But seriously, the guy is such a flake. He looked amazing against Werdum in their second fight and folded the moment he was hit. AGAINST WERDUM. Any one with any sort of power hitting him has a chance. Lesnar vs Gonzaga should have happened. Who goes fetal first?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Wasn't Chase Gormley apart of Team Blackhouse? Every gym has to have their cans. Just saying. Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute.

Are you saying an undefeated guy with 8 of 13 wins by TKO is a can?
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-15-15 at 01:21 PM. Reason: image does not exist

koscheckbaby

Probably not. But even Chase Gormley was 6-0

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Nevermind. Just saw your posts in other thread. You took 10 mins to search the wiki page of a fighter whom youve never seen fight and came to the conclusion that the line is way off. Very sharp.
    Is that all I did? Damn.

When you bet on a fighter, you spend weeks living at home with him and hanging out with him at the gym, right? My watching videos of him and using the internet to study him is certainly nothing compared to the things you do!

And again you say I've never seen him fight after we established that you can watch fights of his online. What an idiot, this guy. Do you only bet on fighters you've seen fight in person? LOL GTFO here, fool.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Probably not. But even Chase Gormley was 6-0
    6-0 with 2 wins by KO is not the same as 13-0 with 8 by KO. It should be 15-0 with 9 by KO, but he got 1 draw and 1 NC due to Brazilian shady shit.

Vitooch
    Dayman

You're right, I've never seen him fight in person. This thing you're using, right now, called "the internet" - you can use it to watch fights of fighters who haven't fought in the UFC before. Sounds like you didn't know, so you're welcome.
    I never asked if you've seen him in person. When I ask, "have you ever seen him fight?", it is clearly implied that I mean "have you ever seen a video of his fight on the internet?". I understand your use of sarcasm is more of a instinctual defensive mechanism because people call you out on your bullshit so much, but atleast use it correctly.

The fact of the matter remains. You claim this line is "way off", but you have not done the necessary research to come to this conclusion. All you have done is looked at the wiki page of one of fighters and noticed that JDS was his coach. You havent even took the time to go on youtube and take a look at ONE of his fights. You say he is a hot prospect, but those who have watched him fight have spotted major flaws in his game, and have backed Gonzaga. Both these sources, may I add, are entirely more credible than you are, because they actually take the time to do their research instead of just making assumptions.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chris-Tuchscherer-10669

tell me what you would of thought of this guy before his UFC debut?

20-1-1 with 9 TKO's and 7 subs before his stint in the UFC, yet the hamburglar is a complete can.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonzaga is not someone I feel that confident in betting, but I believe he has many clear cut advantages in here. The line is reflecting on Gonzaga's past performances and Oliveira's record more than both of their skills.

I would rather not put much on Gonzaga against almost anyone, but I have him handicapped quite a bit higher than what the books have him so for me I have to make this a decent size play.

Good luck with what you decide to play.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by more_betterness View Post

20-1-1 with 9 TKO's and 7 subs before his stint in the UFC, yet the hamburglar is a complete can.
    Record doesn't mean crap. I've seen tons of guys come into the UFC with great records that got their asses kicked over the last few months alone.

I don't think Ednaldo is a new threat to the heavyweight division, I just think he's got what it takes to beat Gonzaga.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by more_betterness View Post

While we're at it...take a look at the greatest prospect of all with a record of 18-0 (all finishes) before joining the UFC!
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jason-Reinhardt-2347

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

Record doesn't mean crap. I've seen tons of guys come into the UFC with great records that got their asses kicked over the last few months alone. I don't think Ednaldo is a new threat to the heavyweight division, I just think he's got what it takes to beat Gonzaga.
    Just a response to you pointing to his record and # of tko's. Really though good luck, I will gladly eat my crow if Gonzaga loses.

Educ8d Degener8

I'm putting a bunch of money on EO when he's walking to the octagon... if he wins.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I never asked if you've seen him in person. When I ask, "have you ever seen him fight?", it is clearly implied that I mean "have you ever seen a video of his fight on the internet?".
    You never asked if I've seen him fight. You SAID / ASSUMED I've never seen him fight. AND CONTINUED TO DO SO AFTER I made it clear that I have seen videos of him!

I understand your use of sarcasm is more of a instinctual defensive mechanism because people call you out on your bullshit so much, but atleast use it correctly.
    No, I use sarcasm to make fun of idiots who say stupid shit. My sarcasm towards you was 'cos you were an idiot for assuming I'm this confident in this play without having viewed a single fight of his. MORON.

"People call you out on your bullshit" - What bullshit? Everytime someone has tried to use something against me, I have shut them up. I make simple mistakes sometimes, like mistaking one Asian fighter for another, but I own up to my mistakes and laugh about them. I don't try to bullshit anybody about anything. I am not a low-life like you CLEARLY appear to be, going out of your way to make assumptions and talk shit.

You havent even took the time to go on youtube and take a look at ONE of his fights.
    How many times do I have to say that I have for an idiot like you to understand? I HAVE. I HAVE. I HAVE. I HAVE. I HAVE. I HAVE. I HAVE. I HAVE.

You say he is a hot prospect, but those who have watched him fight have spotted major flaws in his game, and have backed Gonzaga. Both these sources, may I add, are entirely more credible than you are, because they actually take the time to do their research instead of just making assumptions.
    I don't think he's that hot a prospect. He could get his ass kicked, given the right opponent. I just don''t think Gonzaga is that opponent. I see Gonzaga as being his first victory into the UFC.

I've taken my time to do my research, you are the idiot here making assumptions. You are also an idiot for referring to watching videos of him and finding flaws in his fighting as "research" - that's something practically everyone betting on the fight has done.

You say the Gonzaga backers are more credible than I am-- Who, Vaughany? Yeah, I know he does his research. I do mine, too. He does well, but I've had a higher percentage of winning plays hit than he has, so take your opinion of who is "credible" and shove it right up your dumb ass.
    Last edited by gabe; 01-14-12 at 06:03 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

You say the Gonzaga backers are more credible than I am-- Who, Vaughany? Yeah, I know he does his research. I do mine, too. He does well, but I've had a more percentage of winning plays hit than he has, so take your opinion of who is "credible" and shove it right up your dumb ass.
    Maybe u have Gabe, but where is your record to prove it? I've got a record going back to August 2010, guys like Nunya, Vitooch, etc... aren't going to take you seriously while you have big plays, uber plays, mega plays, then big bets, uber bets, mega bet, etc... and dont state how much you're risking

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Maybe u have Gabe, but where is your record to prove it? I've got a record going back to August 2010.
    I've been posting here for a few months now, and in those few months I've got a higher percentage. 42-9 before I came. 85-35 now. (43-26, since I've been here, i think 13-0 with locks)

I did a lot better before I got here, but still been doing GREAT!

Vitooch
    Dayman

Ok great. The fact that you have seen him fight is a relief. However, you still have made no mention of Ednaldo's abilities after having seen him fight. All you have mentioned is his record, and one of his coaches being JDS. I am forced to assume you have never seen him fight if you cannot present one redeeming quality of a fighter after watching his fights. If youre are trying to defend your case for a certain play in a thread, how can you only provide the fighters record as the only piece of tangible evidence.

Those who are backing Gonzaga say Ednaldo has major flaws in his game. Can you address that?

koscheckbaby

Vitooch
    Dayman

I've been posting here for a few months now, and in those few months I've got a higher percentage. 42-9 before I came. 85-35 now. (43-26, since I've been here, i think 13-0 with locks)

I did a lot better before I got here, but still been doing GREAT!
    Vaughany keeps track of all of his plays in one thread. He keeps a detailed and updated account of all his plays including units before and after events. All you do is make these bullshit threads with weird unfunny videos and present your super mega lock plays. The way you and Vaughany go about your business is significantly different.

Prove me wrong Gabe. I will fully respect you if you make a thread of keep yourself completed updated. Instead of separating some of your plays into one category and some in another, just keep an honest accpunt of your actual plays and we ll see how you do.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Ok great. The fact that you have seen him fight is a relief. However, you still have made no mention of Ednaldo's abilities after having seen him fight. All you have mentioned is his record, and one of his coaches being JDS. I am forced to assume you have never seen him fight if you cannot present one redeeming quality of a fighter after watching his fights. If youre are trying to defend your case for a certain play in a thread, how can you only provide the fighters record as the only piece of tangible evidence.

Those who are backing Gonzaga say Ednaldo has major flaws in his game. Can you address that?
    Why not ask me how I came across my conclusion that Ednaldo will win instead of attacking me right out the gate with assumptions of never seeing him fight????

You should have asked me to present "one redeeming quality" about him first, before assuming I did not have any and just attacked me.

Yes, Ednaldo has flaws. Even Stefan Struve would beat his ass in a fight right now. But he his size, striking, and incredible conditioning (can go 5 rounds like it's nothing) to his advantage. I think their BJJ cancels out. Only reason for him to lose, IMO, is if Octagon jitters somehow play a factor. I think he will play it smart and come out on top. Worst case scenario, he wins 29-28. I expect him to get a TKO or Submission in Round 2 or 3.

I'm half betting on him and half betting against Gonzaga. I see him having the advantages in this fight, and it appears I'm the only one. Seems the rest of you see Gonzaga having the advantages. Only advantage he's got is experience, IMO.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Vaughany keeps track of all of his plays in one thread. He keeps a detailed and updated account of all his plays including units before and after events. All you do is make these bullshit threads with weird unfunny videos and present your super mega lock plays. The way you and Vaughany go about your business is significantly different.

Prove me wrong Gabe. I will fully respect you if you make a thread of keep yourself completed updated. Instead of separating some of your plays into one category and some in another, just keep an honest accpunt of your actual plays and we ll see how you do.
    I don't have categories. For the millionth time, when I mention personal bets I make, they are not PLAYS.

PLAYS are the PLAYS I give out in my THREADS where I call them plays.

It is VERY EASY to go through my threads and see what my plays were.

I think it's lame having one thread for years, I don't want to do that. I like posting a separate thread for every card.

You don't respect the way I give out my picks. That's fine.

You're right, what Vaughany and I do are different. I prefer my way. It's much more simple. I give out PLAYS. He lists a million dif types of bets he makes, with random units. It would be impossible to follow his plays, unless you're on 5dimes. He does a bunch of parlays, etc. His shit is more complicated. Mine is as simple as A-B-C. You click on my thread, you see what my picks are, and that's it. If you see me say that one of them is a LOCK, then extra sweet.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I don't have categories. For the millionth time, when I mention personal bets I make, they are not PLAYS.

PLAYS are the PLAYS I give out in my THREADS where I call them plays.

It is VERY EASY to go through my threads and see what my plays were.

I think it's lame having one thread for years, I don't want to do that. I like posting a separate thread for every card.

You don't respect the way I give out my picks. That's fine.

You're right, what Vaughany and I do are different. I prefer my way. It's much more simple. I give out PLAYS. He lists a million dif types of bets he makes, with random units. It would be impossible to follow his plays, unless you're on 5dimes. He does a bunch of parlays, etc. His shit is more complicated. Mine is as simple as A-B-C. You click on my thread, you see what my picks are, and that's it. If you see me say that one of them is a LOCK, then extra sweet.
    Yeah really lame that people can actually track your record and not have to search through hundreds of threads to find your past results!

12 Last