snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

Roger Huerta vs. War Machine

I think Huerta is a great bet here. He is at -260 at Bodog now. Huerta has only lost to really good fighters and War Machine hasn't beaten anybody that is good. -260 is a bargain for Huerta.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only thing that bothers me about Huerta is that this fight is at 170. His size may play a big factor depending on his game plan.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Who has Huerta beaten other than Guida. These guys are both B+ level fighters. You'd be insane to take Huerta at that price. War Machine is where the value is at here.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heurta better watch out for the war machine's photon cannon.

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    Who has Huerta beaten other than Guida. These guys are both B+ level fighters. You'd be insane to take Huerta at that price. War Machine is where the value is at here.
    Huerta is a B+ level fighter. War Machine is a C+ level fighter. Beating Guida is really impressive because he is one of the elite of the UFC lightweight division. Also Huerta beat Leonard Garcia. He lost to Gray Maynard by split decision. That's pretty close. On the other hand, War Machine has lost to fairly weak fighters (David Mitchell and John Alessio).

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

If this fight was being contested on whoever had the best resume this thread would have lots of value.

bogbat

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    If this fight was being contested on whoever had the best resume this thread would have lots of value.
    True. Who do you like? I think there is too many unknowns to lay that kind of juice. There's no way Huerta deserves to be this much of a favorite.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Only thing that bothers me about Huerta is that this fight is at 170. His size may play a big factor depending on his game plan.
    This... Huerta was having trouble with Chad Hinton in their Bellator fight, largely due to a size differential there iirc.. so moving up to 170 here... yeah no-play...

(Sh*t, Huerta -400 at bodog... might be worth a War Machine play at that)

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Put a 0.3u flier on War Machine at +300

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

It's hard for me to bet on War Machine, but at +300 I'd definitely say it's worth a shot. Wish I had taken Huerta at -260 earlier so I could have gotten some free money.. but I slept on it.

bogbat

Congrats to War Machine and fellow War Machine backers.

ghost kid
    ghost kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35576

War Machine on twitter:

"Motherf****rs gonna lose their asses bettin against me.
    3rd round tko baby! Thanks to all,my sponsors and supporters! F**k the haters! War Machine is back! F**k Dave Menne too hes a dick!"

bogbat

Quote Originally Posted by ghost kid View Post
    War Machine on twitter: "Motherf****rs gonna lose their asses bettin against me.
    3rd round tko baby! Thanks to all,my sponsors and supporters! F**k the haters! War Machine is back! F**k Dave Menne too hes a dick!"
    Hopefully he put some scratch on himself, Hopkins style. I hope War Machine learned his lesson from that stint in prison. I think he has the potential to be a UFC lower-middle of the pack mainstay or Bellator title contender if he gets his life together.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    Hopefully he put some scratch on himself, Hopkins style. I hope War Machine learned his lesson from that stint in prison. I think he has the potential to be a UFC lower-middle of the pack mainstay or Bellator title contender if he gets his life together.
    That is awesome.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

scratch that...

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

War Machine is a joke, it's too bad he won.

Also I'm kind of surprised that he's out of jail.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Didnt get a chance to play Koppenhaver cos I was in Egypt but the value was insane! Was a 50/50 fight IMO...there was/are 2 key indicators that Huerta's head isnt truly in MMA competition anymore - 1) He was fighting at 170 because he didnt want the hassle of cutting any weight; 2) He is busy setting up his own gym with Swick in Thailand and is focusing on coaching rather than being coached. He isn't spending time in America training at high-level camps and working on his wrestling. Clearly just isnt hungry anymore