Sniperpicks
    Sniperpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

LEE v SILVA

LEE -140

Silva +110

whats the call here? I follow MMA very loosely, at face value i would not take an asian to beat a brazilian , I see Silva has beaten many asian guys, in fact all the way back to like 2007 it seems he has fought about 8 asians and never lost

LEE is 4 years older, and seems to have less fights, so why is he favored?

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is favored because he has very good striking and Silva's chin is glass. The difference between Silva 4 years ago and Silva now, is Silva wasn't getting KO'd 2 out of 3 of his fights 4 years ago. Silva has the style to beat Cung Le, but it's hard to trust a guy that has been getting KO'd so often.

setholdsup
    setholdsup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Cung takes his ******* head off

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpicks View Post
    at face value i would not take an asian to beat a brazilian , I see Silva has beaten many asian guys, in fact all the way back to like 2007 it seems he has fought about 8 asians and never lost
    I always forget to include eugenics in my handicapping.

This is like the football guys who say team X are 4-1 against the spread in week 10 in their last 5 outs. That may be true, but it has no value.

When Wandy was beating Asians it was because he was in Asia at the top of his career.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

I posted in the UFC 139 thread that i really like Wanderlei at +120. I feel his chin is fine and he is a huge step up in competition for Le

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    He is favored because he has very good striking and Silva's chin is glass. The difference between Silva 4 years ago and Silva now, is Silva wasn't getting KO'd 2 out of 3 of his fights 4 years ago. Silva has the style to beat Cung Le, but it's hard to trust a guy that has been getting KO'd so often.
    He hasn't really been getting KO'd 2 out of 3 fights now has he? He didn't get knocked out by Franklin, didn't get knocked out by Bisping. Before that he was Ko'd by Rampage and Henderson but they are two of the hardest hitters in the game - you dont have to have a glass chin to get Ko'd by them. And Jardine and Liddell didn't KO him. The only way you could possibly think he has a glass chin is based on tht last fight against Leben - but then Leben is also one of the hardest hitters in MMA.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    He hasn't really been getting KO'd 2 out of 3 fights now has he? He didn't get knocked out by Franklin, didn't get knocked out by Bisping. Before that he was Ko'd by Rampage and Henderson but they are two of the hardest hitters in the game - you dont have to have a glass chin to get Ko'd by them. And Jardine and Liddell didn't KO him. The only way you could possibly think he has a glass chin is based on tht last fight against Leben - but then Leben is also one of the hardest hitters in MMA.
    Franklin and Bisping aren't exactly power KO guys. Most of their TKO wins are just accumulation of punches where a ref steps in. Wanderlei might not be at the stage Liddell was, but there's no doubt his lights turn off a lot easier nowadays.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Franklin and Bisping aren't exactly power KO guys. Most of their TKO wins are just accumulation of punches where a ref steps in. Wanderlei might not be at the stage Liddell was, but there's no doubt his lights turn off a lot easier nowadays.
    True, they aren't and it's obvious his chin isn't what it used to be. But surely if he had a "glass chin" as some are saying then even Bisping and Franklin or at least one of them would of finished him. Clearly there is a difference between a "glass chin" and a "less solid chin"!

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

To be fair, people of all races and creeds had success against those asians he fought. They didn't get those mean 4 win 13 loss records they sport now for nothing. Seeing as how an asian in his weight class with a winning record is a foreign thing for Wanderlei, I think we need to go back to the drawing board. But really good try bro

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Aren't Asians similar to blacks though in that they don't get cut?

Poppa Catfish

Aren't Asians similar to blacks though in that they don't get cut?

Yep just like how I know I can beat your ass Vaughany, because I wrestled 2 years in High School and everybody knows that is all it takes to beat a Brit's ass.

It is just science

Poppa Catfish

oh and all Brazilians are black belts in bjj and fantastic at soccer

clearly TUF revealed that Nog is not really brazilian, at best he is half

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Nog's technique was almost as bad as Mir's!

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i have to disagree a little...don`t agree with what sniperpicks said(lol)...but there are definitely physiological differences between races

that`s why elite black athletes are much faster(on the whole)...they`re better sprinters...their elite athletes have superior fast twitch muscles(see floyd mayweather/roy jones et al..there are no white guys with that caliber hand speed)....that`s why practically every cornerback and elusive speed back in the nfl is black in spite of the fact that they make up roughly 13% of the population....

that`s why blacks dominate professional basketball...they`re built differently...they jump higher and have superior fast twitch muscles(again,on the average..there are exceptions to every rule)........it`s not a coincidence that in many boxing and mma matches,the black athlete that is equal in height to the white athlete has a longer reach(more times than not...again,as we all know there are exceptions to every rule)....

i know that in today`s politically correct society it`s taboo to even intimate that these differences exist....but it`s pretty obvious that there are differences(on the average) in elite black and white athletes...and usually the advantage lies with the black athlete....they`re just(on average) superior......
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 11-17-11 at 08:33 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    i have to disagree a little...don`t agree with what sniperpicks said(lol)...but there are definitely physiological differences between races

that`s why elite black athletes are much faster(on the whole)...they`re better sprinters...their elite athletes have superior fast twitch muscles(see floyd mayweather/roy jones et al..there are no white guys with that caliber hand speed)....that`s why practically every cornerback and elusive speed back in the nfl is black in spite of the fact that they make up roughly 13% of the population....

that`s why blacks dominate professional basketball...they`re built differently...they jump higherand have superior fast twitch muscles(again,on the average..there are exceptions to every rule)........it`s not a coincidence that in many boxing and mma matches,the black athlete that is equal in height to the white athlete has a longer reach(more times than not...again,as we all know there are exceptions to every rule)....

i know that in today`s politically correct society it`s taboo to even intimate that these differences exist....but it`s pretty obvious that there are differences(on the average) in elite black and white athletes...and usually the advantage lies with the black athlete....they`re just(on average) superior......
    Yep, couldnt agree more. But things like "black fighters dont get cut" and "Brazilians usually beat Asians" is a bit too much!

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Yep, couldnt agree more. But things like "black fighters dont get cut" and "Brazilians usually beat Asians" is a bit too much!

absolutely,my brother.......

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post

that`s why blacks dominate professional basketball...they`re built differently...they jump higher and have superior fast twitch muscles(again,on the average..there are exceptions to every rule)........it`s not a coincidence that in many boxing and mma matches,the black athlete that is equal in height to the white athlete has a longer reach(more times than not...again,as we all know there are exceptions to every rule)....

I wouldn't argue that. But it doesn't follow that because one fighter has a history of beating Asians that his skillset somehow is the rock to all Asian's scissors.

Sniperpicks
    Sniperpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

SILVA cashes, thanks