SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lesnar vs. Overeem

Who's the pick and why?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Overeem, because he only has to punch that face once to start breakdance mode. An uberknee into a brock takedown will probably retire him forever.

bipolar
    bipolar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Overeem is easy money here.... listen, brocks body is ****** up... that diverticulitis (sp?) is serious shit and hes missing a large portion of his intestine because of it... i'm not sure how hard he can train, besides the fact hes ageing already... his only advtantage is wrestling, and i think overeem is strong enough and will be expecting the takedown so reem should stuff it...
    brocks standups is almost comical at times, so tense.. overeem is former k1 world champion... im not sure this fight is fair...
    as usual, public will dump money on brock because they know him versus a lessser known fighter in reem...
    all the more value on reem....

Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Lesnar 1st RD TKO. Immediate takedown and GNP. Can't believe people buy into the Overeem deception.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

this fight won't live up to the hype. I can't imagine a more boring match up than this one. Both guys are extremely over rated.. I might not even watch this one. I would bet that the fight doesn't go past the first round if I were to bet on anything. Neither of these guys has the stamina to go into round 2 or 3, because they're too damned big.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

The value is on "fight NOT going the distance". Worth betting the farm on that. Also betting round 1 or round 2 finish.

bipolar

I guess reem destroying brett rogers meant nothing... like typical public, you only remember reeems last fight with werdum... reem has been demonlishing people since moving to HW... lots of public money dumped on brock should make reem even make value

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by bipolar View Post
    I guess reem destroying brett rogers meant nothing... like typical public, you only remember reeems last fight with werdum... reem has been demonlishing people since moving to HW... lots of public money dumped on brock should make reem even make value
    Brett Rogers and Lesnar are completely different fighters though. Was Rogers looking for the takedown in that fight?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I think it's funny that everyone looks as Overeem's last fight and thinks it's a bad sign or indicitave that he is overrated. I think it says exactly the opposite. Against a dangerous jits guy who's able to attack under pressure (as he did against Fedor), Reem fought a patient boring fight. Yes, he could've brought the Duffee game plan in and probably won that way, but he took a lower risk path to victory. I think it show's he's a smart gameplanner, not just a big ox.

Overeem has 5 rounds to touch Lesnar once.

TheCalculator

This is one of these fights that if they fought 100 times -- I could see it go both ways 50-50. Either Lesnar takes him down and G' n P' or Lesnar gets KOed. For the record, I do think Lesnar will win -- but it's a risky bet.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Overeem is a coward, its not like lesnar enjoys getting hit or reacts the correct way. But in the carwin fight he at least showed that he can face some adversity. I dont see that in overeem.

bipolar

overeem has won K1 championships against the worlds elite kickboxers and hes an MMA fighter.. i dont think hes a 'coward' or afraid of getting hit

bipolar

research overeems career and success in K1 before saying hes afraid to get hit

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Overeem's got this and at a very fair price. I think he even opened at around -120 or so which was a gift.
    Lesnar is somewhat of an enigma with his big wins... but I don't think he's in Ubereem's league at all sans wrestling. If he tries to stand like he did with Cain and Carwin, he's getting KTFO quickly. And I'm not sold on Brock's full recovery. He looks like he's lost even more muscle lately. Brock has to take it to the ground immediately and since Overeem has hit the horsemeat, his TDD has looked good. Sure he may end up on his back once or twice, but he'll be looking for a kimura and will stay very active. Brock's best shot is GnP and I just don't see it happening. Take AO at -150 or better with confidence, parlay it, whatever. Or just play the fight ends in the 1st round if you're not sure what side to take. I have a hunch that Brock is on his way out of the UFC sooner than later and back to showbiz.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

and what will i find? from what i have seen, he crumbles in several fights in pride. I dont like fighters that crumble, coward, maybe a bit harsh, but i really enjoy fighters that fight until the bitter end. Overeem doesnt strike me as that type of fighter from what i can remember.

TheCalculator

bjpenn85 shared this link:http://paullazenby.com/

Which is an interview with Bas Rutten mostly about Overeem.

Seems he's fired everyone that built him. This is truly one of the BIGGEST red flags I can think in terms of betting on a fighter. Just go back to Mike Tyson, who's downfall began when fired everyone that built him.

Here's a very relevant quote:

"But hey, he's not the only one, there are many fighters who, when they made the switch to the UFC, or any other organization that would pay them "real" money, suddenly left their coaches and management who were there from the beginning. I'm not gonna mention names, but there are many of them, I talked about this in the past, including two other guys from Golden Glory. My question is: where are they now? Because suddenly their careers went down, injuries started to come out of nowhere, and now it's over. They call that "karma"."

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Ubereem wont look very Uber after this fight....

bipolar

in Pride, overeem fought mostly at LHW, which was left him drained and gassed... since the conversion to HW hes been almost unstoppable...

bipolar

brock is old.... that intestinal illness messed him up seriously... pro wrestling was hard on his body, hes a damaged fighter... watch how hilarious it will be to watch brock stand with a k1 level champion... no matter if for 5 rounds he gets teh take down, each rond they start standing up... brocks takdown wasnt very great against cain.... overweem will expect it comign a mile away.... and even if they clinch, reem is devastating in the clinch....

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

overeem was out done in the stand up by werdum! Watch the fight replay!! Some people might have a real case if they said Werdum could have won that fight on the cards if he didn't fall down 1,000 times... I bet on overeem in that fight, but I realized when it was over that he is not very good in the stand up when he is scared of the take down. Brock is crippled and severely sick from not eating properly and taking too many steroids. These guys can barely wipe their own asses because of how big they've gotten. It's a coin flip, but I would take overeem only because of the surgery brock had twice.
    Last edited by FindTheLock; 11-17-11 at 01:17 AM.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Pinnacle has future lines for both against JDS:

Lesnar +180
    JDS -201

Reem +175
    JDS -195

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Yes Reem destroying Rogers means absolutely nothing.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    overeem was out done in the stand up by werdum! Watch the fight replay!! Some people might have a real case if they said Werdum could have won that fight on the cards if he didn't fall down 1,000 times... I bet on overeem in that fight, but I realized when it was over that he is not very good in the stand up when he is scared of the take down. Brock is crippled and severely sick from not eating properly and taking too many steroids. These guys can barely wipe their own asses because of how big they've gotten. It's a coin flip, but I would take overeem only because of the surgery brock had twice.
    Stellar post. I think you are right on the money here, take Reem small play since he is in form, but all things equal it would be a coin flip.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Overeem is overrated but he has some value because of the $hit Werdum fight. He didn't want to deal with Werdum on the ground....makes sense to me. Lesnar has no submission ability though. Really no ability at anything other than big/fast. His standup is $hit so all he can do is bully smaller men. Its funny how there are a couple of posts on here about AO being a coward? Guess they haven't seen Lesnar take a punch. AO first round stoppage.....much more experience and Lesnar was just a Dana White lab experiment anyway....never a real MMA heavyweight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I'll just take OVereem KO of the Night at +300 or better and Cerrone/Diaz FOTN

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

After Cain x JDS... Lesnar won't try even 10 seconds of stand up fight against Overeem. I really don't know who to pick for these one, but it will not come into the third round for sure.

ghost kid
    ghost kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35576

ABSOLUTELY WICKED PROMO CUT BY NICKTHEFACE:

http://youtu.be/4Y8prwdviyg
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kaladarus

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Lesnar here. I think if he is able to get one takedown it's going to be hard for Overeem to get up or even survive the GNP. Seems like most here disagree with that though. Going to be looking at taking some props and this will probably only be a small play unless there is significant line movement.