Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

GL Prop. I will let you know what I think of your plays at the end of the night

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    GL Prop. I will let you know what I think of your plays at the end of the night
    Lol. Thanks Vitooch, I look forward to hearing your opinions

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

As much as you don't think so, I actually know what I'm talking about.

NeverBackDown
    NeverBackDown's Avatar Become A Pro!

proposition joe

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    As much as you don't think so, I actually know what I'm talking about.
    That makes one of us since I sure as hell don't ..

proposition joe

Quote Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post

proposition joe

Will edit this post later to look like the others.

Gil to win 150, OSP to risk 100

proposition joe

UFC 140 Results = +266.25

Strikeforce: Melendez vs Masvidal = +50

Thread totals = + $1443.75

proposition joe

12/30/12- UFC 141

Nathan Diaz (+200) to risk 200
    (+245) to risk 100

Brock Lesnar (+145) to risk 300

Manny Gamburyan (+265) to risk 200

Nam Phan (-225) to win 200

Jon Fitch (-240) to win 100

Danny Castillo (-175) to win 100

Sean Pierson (+305) to risk 25

Vladimir Matyushenko (+265) to risk 25

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I'm liking the Diaz play. I have some change on him as well. I think he could really surprise a lot of people here.

proposition joe

1/7/2012 - Strikeforce: Rockhold/Jardine

Nah-Shon Burrell (+140) to risk 100

proposition joe

UFC 141/Strikeforce: Rockhold vs Jardine Results: -$335

Thread totals: +1108.75

proposition joe

1/14/12 - UFC 142

Vitor Belfort (-115) to risk 2300

Thanks to all Rumble supporters for the awesome line.
    Last edited by proposition joe; 01-11-12 at 09:44 PM. Reason: mistaken about bet amount

proposition joe

And I promise not to run away like a little bitch if I lose!!! It's all part of the game

proposition joe

1/20/12 - UFC on FX 1

Melvin Guillard (+150) to risk 1000

Almost hesitant to make two huge plays on back-to-back events but I just bought a fat sack of weed so....**** it. I pegged Guillard at -300. The Lauzon loss was far from a fluke, but he never would have gotten the fight to the ground without rocking Guillard first. Miller does not have that ability and isn't a good enough wrestler to take Melvin down.
    Last edited by proposition joe; 01-11-12 at 09:43 PM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Going big on Vitor is too silly! Rumble isn't Akiyama.

Rumble vs Vitor is gonna be like Vitor vs Akiyama, except Rumble is Vitor and Vitor is Akiyama.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Vitor doesn't even care about losing:

"This is special," Belfort said. "It's a win-win situation for me. I'm still fighting with these guys.

"I've been one of the top athletes in this sport for a long time. From my era, everybody is retired already. I came one event before Tito Ortiz. This is just a win-win situation for me, and I'm enjoying every moment."

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post
    1/20/12 - UFC on FX 1

Melvin Guillard (+150) to risk 1000

Almost hesitant to make two huge plays on back-to-back events but I just bought a fat sack of weed so....**** it. I pegged Guillard at -300. The Lauzon loss was far from a fluke, but he never would have gotten the fight to the ground without rocking Guillard first. Miller does not have that ability and isn't a good enough wrestler to take Melvin down.
    Theres nowhere on earth that is taking 1000 dollar bets on that fight right now. I just dont get it.

proposition joe

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    Theres nowhere on earth that is taking 1000 dollar bets on that fight right now. I just dont get it.
    Tell that to my bookie

proposition joe

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Going big on Vitor is too silly! Rumble isn't Akiyama.

Rumble vs Vitor is gonna be like Vitor vs Akiyama, except Rumble is Vitor and Vitor is Akiyama.
    Good luck with your plays Saturday, gabe!!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    Everyone here thinks if its not listed on BFO, you can't bet it.

proposition joe

Tell that to my bookie
    In other words, I use a local who operates via a website but also allows me to call in plays on lines that are out from "approved" (aka Bookmaker) linesmakers even if the website hasn't loaded them onto their available plays yet. No limits and next-day cash payouts make up for not having access to props and parlays. Good luck with your bets Saturday FightFightFight!!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

1/14/12 - UFC 142

What's with the sudden tenfold jump in bet sizes? Good luck to you though.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Good luck with your plays Saturday, gabe!!
    How could you mean that? We're betting on opposing fighters!

Good luck to you! (Besides the Vitor fight!)

proposition joe

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    What's with the sudden tenfold jump in bet sizes? Good luck to you though.
    Good fortune has allowed me to put more $$ towards my gambling habit. The sizes of these bets and future bets aren't really proportional to my past bets as far as confidence level goes, just an increase in what I like to call "play money".

Good luck to you to Nunya. Are you making any plays for 142?

proposition joe

How could you mean that? We're betting on opposing fighters!

Good luck to you! (Besides the Vitor fight!)
    As long as someone wins, everyone wins

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

1/14/12 - UFC 142

Could of got an even better line than that, it's reach +105 and is at Evens to -105 range currently on some sites

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vitor doesn't even care about losing:

"This is special," Belfort said. "It's a win-win situation for me. I'm still fighting with these guys.

"I've been one of the top athletes in this sport for a long time. From my era, everybody is retired already. I came one event before Tito Ortiz. This is just a win-win situation for me, and I'm enjoying every moment."
    That's a bit of a false fallacy Gabe! Just because he feels it's a win-win situation and has nothing to lose doesnt necessarily mean he doesn't care about losing. The fact he's realizing a dream by fighting in front of his home crowd is enough motivation

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    That's a bit of a false fallacy Gabe! Just because he feels it's a win-win situation and has nothing to lose doesnt necessarily mean he doesn't care about losing. The fact he's realizing a dream by fighting in front of his home crowd is enough motivation
    Um, yes, saying if you lose you're still gonna be a winner DOES IN FACT mean he does not care about losing this one fight. I think he knows he is going to lose. He knows what he is up against.

He's got another one lined up with Wanderlei. He knows for sure he could win that fight. Losing this one isn't a big deal to him.

proposition joe

gabe, I think you're reading into his comments way too much. If you believe that Johnson has the proper skillset in the octagon to defeat Belfort then that should be enough to make you confident in your play. I do think that weigh-ins can be quite revealing (showing both how the fighters look as well as their overall demeanor) but interviews, in my opinion, are pretty meaningless. Quite often fighters say one thing and do another. Verbal communication is the least telling of all.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

gabe, I think you're reading into his comments way too much. If you believe that Johnson has the proper skillset in the octagon to defeat Belfort then that should be enough to make you confident in your play. I do think that weigh-ins can be quite revealing (showing both how the fighters look as well as their overall demeanor) but interviews, in my opinion, are pretty meaningless. Quite often fighters say one thing and do another. Verbal communication is the least telling of all.
    WTF? Vitor didn't say what he would do. He said it's a win-win situation. What are you talking about? A fighter saying if he loses he is still a winner is not meaningless. If he said he was going to knock his opponent out, yes, that would be meaningless. What he said is FULL OF MEANING because it states that he doesn't care about losing this one fight.

I am confident in the play with or without what he said. I had already said I'm 97-99% confident in this play. What did I say that made you assume this interview made me 100% confident in the play?

I am really curious to know how you made that assumption, because that did not change my opinion of the outcome of the fight. I just found it interesting that he doesn't care about losing and thought I'd share.
    Last edited by gabe; 01-12-12 at 01:25 PM.

proposition joe

WTF? Vitor didn't say what he would do. He said it's a win-win situation. What are you talking about? A fighter saying if he loses he is still a winner is not meaningless. If he said he was going to knock his opponent out, yes, that would be meaningless. What he said is FULL OF MEANING because it states that he doesn't care about losing this one fight.

I am confident in the play with or without what he said. I had already said I'm 97-99% confident in this play. What did I say that made you assume this interview made me 100% confident in the play?

I am really curious to know how you made that assumption, because that need not change my opinion of the outcome of the fight. I just found it interesting that he doesn't care about losing and thought I'd share.
    I was speaking in general. Fighters use interviews to overcompensate for lack of motivation (BJ Penn often does this) or to give their opponents a false sense of their gameplan (Rumble vs Hardy). I wasn't specifically talking about this interview.

The point behind what I was saying is that Vitor never said that he didn't care about losing. He said some random shit that really doesn't mean anything one way or the other. Most interviews are like that.

I'm not questioning your confidence in your play, that's all well and good and I completely respect your opinion and right to have one. I was just stating that I don't think that interviews are great tools to utilize when predicting fights.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I am really curious to know how you made that assumption, because that did not change my opinion of the outcome of the fight. I just found it interesting that he doesn't care about losing and thought I'd share.
    So if somebody like Mir says fighting Big Nog for a second time is a "lose-lose" situation for him (which he did say) does that mean he doesn't care about winning then?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I was speaking in general. Fighters use interviews to overcompensate for lack of motivation (BJ Penn often does this) or to give their opponents a false sense of their gameplan (Rumble vs Hardy). I wasn't specifically talking about this interview. The point behind what I was saying is that Vitor never said that he didn't care about losing. He said some random shit that really doesn't mean anything one way or the other. Most interviews are like that. I'm not questioning your confidence in your play, that's all well and good and I completely respect your opinion and right to have one. I was just stating that I don't think that interviews are great tools to utilize when predicting fights.
    I would agree with you. All fighters are always confident in themselves. My point is that's irrelevant to this situation.

If a fighter I had a lot of money on said that this fight was a "win-win" situation for him, I would be freaking out. You want the guy you're betting on to want to rather die than lose. You don't wanna be backing anyone who is happy with a loss.

proposition joe

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    So if somebody like Mir says fighting Big Nog for a second time is a "lose-lose" situation for him (which he did say) does that mean he doesn't care about winning then?
    Good point. Ironically, Mir pulled off the only possible result that could have raised his stock, in my opinion.

First 12345 ... Last