proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I don't call him to place my bets. He works for higher ups who have a website. I use the site to bet, and collect/payout in person with my guy, who is a friend of mine. It's 2011, I'm surprised you had to ask that.
    Hell yeah, that's how I do it too.

Next day cash payouts >>>>> props and parlays. It's a tradeoff I'm willing to make.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post

Next day cash payouts >>>>> props and parlays. It's a tradeoff I'm willing to make.
    I guess this is normal in the USA because of all the rules and stuff?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    But you said that you did play Cerrone??? ...

And I still don't get where you saw everybody hating on Carmont and people talking up Camozzi??! Eccocide and I had Carmont and I cant see many references to either guy other than that?
    I bet on Cerrone, personally. I didn't include him as a pick.

I was referring to my Camozzi/Carmont thread. Everyone laughed when I said Carmont's highlights looked impressive.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I bet on Cerrone, personally. I didn't include him as a pick.

I was referring to my Camozzi/Carmont thread. Everyone laughed when I said Carmont's highlights looked impressive.
    They weren't laughing at the thought of Carmont having a chance against Carmont - they were laughing at how you had based your opinion - through his highlight reel - didnt necessarily mean that they thought Camozzi was the better fighter.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

They weren't laughing at the thought of Carmont having a chance against Carmont - they were laughing at how you had based your opinion - through his highlight reel - didnt necessarily mean that they thought Camozzi was the better fighter.
    Exactly -- I made a small play on Carmont even though I was the one who said he had beat cans. It's like the old bear story... If a bear is chasing 2 slow dudes. Slow dude number 1 only need to run faster than the other guy. Carmont did look much sharper than his previous fights IMO. And that's probably due to his progress at Tristar.

Condit
    Condit's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a load of horse shit lol

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post

Hell yea!!! I completely agree.

I only use 5 dimes for prop bets and parlays (which I am probably gonna stop I think because I haven't been doing too well with those and need to go back to my roots making $cash$ money with just big str8 bets), and those are small money plays.

Yea next day cash outs, easy pay ins and outs - definitely a big plus. If any of you out there have this option, go with it, or if you don't, ask around in your friend circle or ask some friends at your work or something - you'd be surprised at how many people have access to direct books. It is an actual website that I play with(coast2coastsports.com), but I pay in and cash out via my friend who works for the site. Very easy, and they take pretty large plays. I can lay down almost anything that doesn't allow me to profit more than a grand on one play, therefore winning more than a grand on str8 bets is quite easy with this method, where on 5 dimes and other sites they would never let you make a str8 play that pays out near that much.

For serious money making, obviously I've heard the way to go though is vegas - supposedly mgm will take up to 10k bets on str8 mma money lines no problem and no questions asked (and you know when you play big money like that they are all on your nuts and are gonna comp everything for you!). Once my bankroll reaches that, which I hope to do so in the next 9 months, I might make a run at high stakes vegas plays where I live in some shitty apartment and take my try at being a real gambler, devoting ALL my time to mma research and analysis This is a just a dream, but who knows where the sport might take some of us - its not bad to think big!!

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    I guess this is normal in the USA because of all the rules and stuff?
    Believe it or not - its very common. I know about 20 people / friends in my immediate area who go through my guy and my site, and I've been courted by other books who want me to play for their sites. I'm telling you, if you're stateside ask around, people are taking plays all the time. I don't know anyone in so-cal who wants a bookie and can't find one...

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

If you want to post on a thread that isn't completely sketchy, go to mine...

I feel like a dirty whore for selling myself like that.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

WTF are you talking about? I had based no opinion in that thread. The point of the thread was specifically because I had zero opinion on the fight. Again, WTF are you talking about?!

Someone said he didn't look impressive in his videos, and I commented that I thought his highlight reel looked a bit impressive. If you took that to mean that I think Carmont is going to win the fight just because I saw his highlight reel, then I don't know what to say to you.

If you assumed "His highlight reel looked a bit impressive, no?" was a based opinion that he was going to win the fight, then you are certainly not the brightest tool in the shed.
    Last edited by gabe; 11-01-11 at 04:00 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

WTF are you talking about? I had based no opinion in that thread. The point of the thread was specifically because I had zero opinion on the fight. Again, WTF are you talking about?!

Someone said he didn't look impressive in his videos, and I commented that I thought his highlight reel looked a bit impressive. If you took that to mean that I think Carmont is going to win the fight just because I saw his highlight reel, then I don't know what to say to you.

If you assumed "His highlight reel looked a bit impressive, no?" was a based opinion that he was going to win the fight, then you are certainly not the brightest tool in the shed.
    You had "zero opinion on the fight" yet you wrote on previous page... "I was on Carmont, but after you guys talked up Camozzi, I ended up siding with him. That was really dumb of me. I've just made a lot of dumb moves. Lessons to be learned." So you were on Carmont but had zero opinion on the fight?

You put "His youtube highlights are kinda impressive, no?" .... I'm not sayin that you were necessarily basing any opinion on Carmont from the highlights, but that was how the other guys who flamed on you perceived it. So they were mocking you by showing highlight reels of Bob Sapp - they werent all saying go and bet on Camozzi - that is my point.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

LOL

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

gabe pretty much dug his own grave in this thread. Overall entertaining though.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

You had "zero opinion on the fight" yet you wrote on previous page... "I was on Carmont, but after you guys talked up Camozzi, I ended up siding with him. That was really dumb of me. I've just made a lot of dumb moves. Lessons to be learned." So you were on Carmont but had zero opinion on the fight?

You put "His youtube highlights are kinda impressive, no?" .... I'm not sayin that you were necessarily basing any opinion on Carmont from the highlights, but that was how the other guys who flamed on you perceived it. So they were mocking you by showing highlight reels of Bob Sapp - they werent all saying go and bet on Camozzi - that is my point.
    Nothing I said in that thread indicated or implied that I was siding with Carmont. I was siding with him personally, but I didn't say anything to let any of you know that. Every single person who took "His highlight reel seems a bit impressive, no?" to mean that I think he is going to win, is a complete moron. That is all I have to say.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Nothing I said in that thread indicated or implied that I was siding with Carmont. I was siding with him personally, but I didn't say anything to let any of you know that. Every single person who took "His highlight reel seems a bit impressive, no?" to mean that I think he is going to win, is a complete moron. That is all I have to say.
    Well you admittedly make plays on fighters you know nothing about. Carmont and the other time you tried to chase with Ben Rothwell over Hunt. Also, not knowing who Ben Rothwell is goes to show how new you are to the sport.
    Last edited by bogbat; 11-01-11 at 09:55 PM.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC 137 Matchup - Chris Camozzi -135

UFC 137 Matchup - Ramsey Nijem -220

UFC 137 Matchup - Jeff Curran +335

UFC 137 Matchup - George Roop +255

UFC 137 Matchup - Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic +210

UFC 137 Matchup - Matt Mitrione -145

Mitrione is my favorite play. I'd take Vera, if the line was good. But the juice is too high. I'll probably end up betting Marshall at that price. Which is probably a dumb idea, 'cos at first glance of the card, I felt Vera would be the best bet. I'm also betting on Palaszewski, but I'm not making him a play. I've liked Nick Diaz since the fight was announced, but I wasn't feeling confident enough to make him a play. I'm taking him at -105, though. I don't feel too great about this card. 138 is looking a lot better, I'll have some solid picks for that card. Matt Mitrione will be my biggest play. Good luck, err'body.
    jesus you're bad. Maybe this really is jesus?
    Last edited by shari91; 11-03-11 at 03:22 PM. Reason: edited quote

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Love his twitter feed though. If you want an endless string of ummmm, jokes, its right there:

"They call cocaine "booger sugar" because after you do it, your boogers taste like sugar."

"What kinda tree does a Halle Berry grow on?"

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    Well you admittedly make plays on fighters you know nothing about. Carmont and the other time you tried to chase with Ben Rothwell over Hunt. Also, not knowing who Ben Rothwell is goes to show how new you are to the sport.
    I never made a play on either of those guys... I'm a gambler, so yes, I make bets on fighters I know nothing about. There are a lot of fighters I haven't seen fight, doesn't mean I'm new to the sport. It used to be something I watched from time to time, it didn't become a big part of my life 'til about a couple years ago.

63-25, since UFC 126
    9-2 with main events
    19-0 with locks

I would bet anything I've done better than you have.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I never made a play on either of those guys... I'm a gambler, so yes, I make bets on fighters I know nothing about. There are a lot of fighters I haven't seen fight, doesn't mean I'm new to the sport. It used to be something I watched from time to time, it didn't become a big part of my life 'til about a couple years ago.
    So u never bet on ROthwell?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

So u never bet on ROthwell?
    I bet on him, I didn't make him a pick.

If you consider all my bets picks, then my record would be a lot better.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Of course

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

LOL

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Sophistry is alive and well.

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

If I wanted to find a more intelligent capper than you I could probably go find a short bus and pick a random kid

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

63-25, since UFC 126
    9-2 with main events
    19-0 with locks

I would bet anything I've done better than you have.
    Wrong im 1000-0 since ufc 37.5. I see you're up 336 dollars yet went 1-5 in this thread. You forget that other people aren't as dumb as you.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Wrong im 1000-0 since ufc 37.5. I see you're up 336 dollars yet went 1-5 in this thread. You forget that other people aren't as dumb as you.
    You're pretty dumb, if you don't believe it.

I went 1-5 on my picks, but bet on fights I did not have picked, 2 of which I mentioned I was going to bet. Again, if you don't believe, then YOU are the dumb one, ya prick.

You think I lie that I went 1-5 yet made money betting other fights? Why, so you guys can respond saying "Hey! Good job!!" ???? Why would I lie about that??? I don't give a crap what you think I made. It makes ZERO difference in my life. You are such idiots.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

You're pretty dumb, if you don't believe it.

I went 1-5 on my picks, but bet on fights I did not have picked, 2 of which I mentioned I was going to bet. Again, if you don't believe, then YOU are the dumb one, ya prick.
    I guess the whole board is dumb then, because no one believes a f-cking thing you have said.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

BTW, jesus was a better troll.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I guess the whole board is dumb then, because no one believes a f-cking thing you have said.
    That would make the whole board dumb, then, wouldn't it? I would not be the least bit surprised, if that were the case. Now, run off and clean up the loads your boyfriend shot all over your left side.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Hey! Good Job!!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post
    Hey! Good Job!!

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

bump

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

bump
    Why? I'd like to be able to sign in and see some substantive discussion and capping going on rather than some never ending diatribes between a few keyboard warriors. Let a thread like this die, there is more than enough room to make fun of gabe in his 138 and UFC on Fox thread.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by more_betterness View Post
    Why? I'd like to be able to sign in and see some substantive discussion and capping going on rather than some never ending diatribes between a few keyboard warriors. Let a thread like this die, there is more than enough room to make fun of gabe in his 138 and UFC on Fox thread.
    you just bumped it again

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by more_betterness View Post
    lol i like this guy

you just bumped it again
    this guys a dumby

First 12