Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC 137 best bets tomorrow?

Hey everyone

for tomorrow, which fighter do you feel most confident to not lose? I'm looking for the "safest" bet regardless of the odds

will give points!

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Scotty Jorgenson ftw

proposition joe

PS.

Everyone else will say Vera. But it's always a gamble betting on guys known for not reaching their potential. See Melvin Guillard.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Cowboy Cerrone. Easy.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post
    PS.

Everyone else will say Vera. But it's always a gamble betting on guys known for not reaching their potential. See Melvin Guillard.
    you're comparing eliot marshall to joe lauzon? really?

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Cerrone, Vera, and Penn is what I'm liking.

Also small prop plays on Kongo and Cro-Cop by decision.

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

Vera and Jorgensen are as close as you will get

Pew Pew
    Banned

What aspects of Marshall's game is better than Vera? I've never seen Marshall fight before

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Cerrone.

Size will play a huge factor in this fight the way Bendo/Jim Miller did.

proposition joe

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    you're comparing eliot marshall to joe lauzon? really?
    No? I was comparing Brandon Vera to Melvin Guillard. Elliot Marshall sucks, Lauzon is top 20 in his weight class. I'm not sure where you got that from.

proposition joe

Quote Originally Posted by Pew Pew View Post
    What aspects of Marshall's game is better than Vera? I've never seen Marshall fight before
    None. That's not what I was saying. Vera is much better at everything. He will probably win. My only point was that his talent and his performance are two different things unlike guys such as Cerrone or Jorgenson who bring the same level of peformance every fight. Good luck to everyone on Vera.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Vera is some flop shit.
    you cant be comfortable laying your money down on a guy that rarely comes to fight. Vera is wildly inconsistent, doesnt fight to his potential, and doesnt fight using the advantageous tools he has available to him.

Vera is good at beating cans though. So maybe this is the right play.. but vera has busted my balls before

Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Roy Nelson is as close to guaranteed money as you can get tonight.

breakinthebook
    breakinthebook's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey guys I love ufc ive studied since ufc 1 i train and know alot about this here are 2 pics that i am gonna play and should go 2 for 2.
    Kongo vs Mitrione

This will be a good fight Kongo has 1 punch knockout power but is dreadful on the ground Mitrione is a smart fighter and has a great chin. He will be able to avoid the knockout punch and tag Kongo a few times take the fight to the ground and finish it.Take Mitrione for big play.

Nick Diaz vs Bj Penn

Eveybody is riding the Bj train but this is a mismatch fight for him plain and simple. Diaz is just as good on the ground as bj and that west coast cali boxing style the Diaz brothers bring is difficult to figure out defense wise and if this fight goes to the ground it will probly be a boring fight to most but it will be very exiting to me and the ones that appriciate great ground game. Diaz should win by decision. take Diaz for medium play.

also like Cerrone, Griffin and Nelson for small plays as well

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

vera certainly hasn`t exactly torn it up at 205....

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by breakinthebook View Post
    hey guys I love ufc ive studied since ufc 1 i train and know alot about this here are 2 pics that i am gonna play and should go 2 for 2.
    Kongo vs Mitrione

This will be a good fight Kongo has 1 punch knockout power but is dreadful on the ground Mitrione is a smart fighter and has a great chin. He will be able to avoid the knockout punch and tag Kongo a few times take the fight to the ground and finish it.Take Mitrione for big play.

Nick Diaz vs Bj Penn

Eveybody is riding the Bj train but this is a mismatch fight for him plain and simple. Diaz is just as good on the ground as bj and that west coast cali boxing style the Diaz brothers bring is difficult to figure out defense wise and if this fight goes to the ground it will probly be a boring fight to most but it will be very exiting to me and the ones that appriciate great ground game. Diaz should win by decision. take Diaz for medium play.

also like Cerrone, Griffin and Nelson for small plays as well
    Kongo has a very good chance to win this fight if he takes this fight to the ground. No, his BJJ (more specifically his submissions) isn't great but his wrestling and top game is very solid, and Mitrione will most likely not be able to do anything defensive from the bottom if Kongo can take this fight to the ground.

And I wouldn't necessarily call Diaz/Penn a mismatch either. His boxing is just as good if not better than Diaz's. Fitch/Penn was seen as a pretty sizable mismatch, yet Penn managed to take the bigger and stronger wrestler down regardless.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems like a lot of people think bj, nelson, vera, and cerrone are the best picks. On the contrary I think all of these fights are very winnable for their opponents and I would not be paying the juice on them (except bj as his odds aren't bad). I have a small upset on siver and mirko, and have them in a few nice parlays that will pay nicely if they hit. I wanna play diaz as a few of my friends are, but I can def see bj taking nick down for the first two rounds... Its too juicy now I think, but I really like hioki the most on this card. I have a good amount on him tonight, gonna be screwed if roop pulls a miracle.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Cerrone.

Size will play a huge factor in this fight the way Bendo/Jim Miller did.

breakinthebook

Kongo has a very good chance to win this fight if he takes this fight to the ground. No, his BJJ (more specifically his submissions) isn't great but his wrestling and top game is very solid, and Mitrione will most likely not be able to do anything defensive from the bottom if Kongo can take this fight to the ground. And I wouldn't necessarily call Diaz/Penn a mismatch either. His boxing is just as good if not better than Diaz's. Fitch/Penn was seen as a pretty sizable mismatch, yet Penn managed to take the bigger and stronger wrestler down regardless.
    Did you just watch the fight Diaz clearly out classed penn standing up and got right back up when it when to the ground. 6 inch reach advantage and west coast cali boxing = mismatch for penn your a retard yall were bettin bj knockin out diaz early. The ground game cancels out and bj is known for gasing in fights. and the judging on the kongo fight was crap mitrione took 1st and 2nd round but cant leave it in the hands of the judges everyone knows that

Vitooch
    Dayman

Did you just watch the fight Diaz clearly out classed penn standing up and got right back up when it when to the ground. 6 inch reach advantage and west coast cali boxing = mismatch for penn your a retard yall were bettin bj knockin out diaz early. The ground game cancels out and bj is known for gasing in fights. and the judging on the kongo fight was crap mitrione took 1st and 2nd round but cant leave it in the hands of the judges everyone knows that
    Yes, Diaz has me eating my words. I would have never guessed Diaz would dominate Penn that badly on the feet. And by the way, it was Diaz's pace and cardio, and Penn's lack of cardio that won him this fight. I still think their boxing is fairly close. Penn would have been better off trying to take the fight to the ground instead of trying to keep up with Diaz's pace.

And no, most people had Kongo winning the 1st and 3rd rounds. You thinking the judging was crap is clearly biased. And please shutup about the "can't leave it in the hands of the judges" shit. Not every fight is going to finish inside the distance, and it is up to the judges to make the right call if that does so happen.

I'm excited to read your next grammatically incorrect, nonsensical, rambling, garbage post. You're clearly not very intelligent based on your writing so you probably shouldn't call anyone else on the site retarded.

Pew Pew
    Banned

Squares win today including me ;D though everyone was right about Vera... almost... should've lost....

breakinthebook

Yes, Diaz has me eating my words. I would have never guessed Diaz would dominate Penn that badly on the feet. And by the way, it was Diaz's pace and cardio, and Penn's lack of cardio that won him this fight. I still think their boxing is fairly close. Penn would have been better off trying to take the fight to the ground instead of trying to keep up with Diaz's pace. And no, most people had Kongo winning the 1st and 3rd rounds. You thinking the judging was crap is clearly biased. And please shutup about the "can't leave it in the hands of the judges" shit. Not every fight is going to finish inside the distance, and it is up to the judges to make the right call if that does so happen. I'm excited to read your next grammatically incorrect, nonsensical, rambling, garbage post. You're clearly not very intelligent based on your writing so you probably shouldn't call anyone else on the site retarded.
    Ok doctor im pretty sure the huge body shots Diaz landed had nothing to do with affecting bjs condioning and thats what Cali boxing is fast paced not alot of power so it is a mismatch. and sorry didnt realize this was english class Dr.bj lover. and how much do you watch mma because everybody says dont let the fight go the judges even fighters know that.
    Last edited by breakinthebook; 10-29-11 at 11:43 PM. Reason: added

Vitooch
    Dayman

Ok doctor im pretty sure the huge body shots Diaz landed had nothing to do with affecting bjs condioning and thats what Cali boxing is fast paced not alot of power so it is a mismatch. and sorry didnt realize this was english class Dr.bj lover. and how much do you watch mma because everybody says dont let the fight go the judges even fighters know that.
    Once again a paragraph of nonsensical ramblings. Can you actually put together a coherent, post that actually has a focus?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Vera almost lost.