gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

gabe says "Que Paso?" to UFC 139

UFC 139 Matchup - Nick Pace +270

My best guess is he ends this fight with a submission in round #2. He's going to beat up Miguel Torres on the feet and on the ground. If he doesn't finish him, he will take the decision. This guy has what it takes to beat Miguel Torres. This is going to be an upset, even a bigger one than the Bruce Leeroy fight. LOCK this up!!!!!!!!!

MMA - UFC 139 - UFC 139 Matchup - Tom Lawlor +270

I like his chances, and love these odds. I'm sure you're getting a better line on this fight than I am. This could be another big upset, and I think it's 50/50 it could be one.

UFC 139 Matchup - Ryan Bader -330

Allow me to put a on this. Coming off two losses, there's no way he drops his third in a row to a much lesser fighter. Bader beats Brilz and sends him packing out of the organization.

UFC 139 Matchup - Danny Castillo -345

Bailey showed heart in his last fight against Dunham. Something tells me he could surprise everyone and steal this one. But my money is against it. Castillo shouldn't have a hard time beating him. Bailey's got a lot of heart and is fighting for his career here, so I'm gonna be a little careful and not risk too much on this one. Either to win $50 or to win $100, haven't decided yet.

UFC 139 Matchup - Kyle Kingsbury -140

Kyle Kingsbury takes out a top light heavyweight in Stephan Bonnar and climbs his way up the ladder. I feel that's how this is going to play out.

UFC 139 Matchup - Brian Bowles +160

I'm sure you're getting a better line on this one, too. I think he should be more like +230. He's gonna knockout Faber infront of his hometown crowd, and Faber is going to sit alone inside his own house at night, sipping on a glass of Chardonnay, wondering where he went wrong.

UFC 139 Matchup - Seth Baczynski +130

MONEY IN THE BANK, BITCHES!! ALL DAY!!!!!!! Seth is gonna finish this inside the distance. Matt Brown isn't going to be able to keep up. Best he can hope for is getting a submission, it ain't gonna happen. This is an unbelievable line. He should be -220. it!!!!!!!!!

I'm also gonna be making a small play on Rafael Dos Anjos. I think he wins inside the distance. Bet that, if you wanna bet on that fight. I will probably bet Dan Henderson, but I'm not making a main event pick for this card. My record with main events is now 9-3 after the Cain loss on the last card. Don't feel confident enough in either of these guys to make a pick. Shogun's got the best shot, but Henderson is hungry, and I wouldn't count him out. No pick, but my money will probably be riding on Hendo.

Also taking Cung Le at -150. That's a great price to get him at in his hometown. Wanderlei is done, until he proves otherwise. I think he's mostly fighting for the big check his name warrants. Cung Le for the KO.

Good luck, everybody. And to my haters- as Kevin McCallister's siblings would say: BUZZ OFF!!

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

FC 139 Matchup - Brian Bowles +160

I think he should be more like +230

FOCUS, Gabe.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    FC 139 Matchup - Brian Bowles +160

I think he should be more like +230

FOCUS, Gabe.
    I don't get it. I like him, but feel he should be a bigger dog.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

The only thing that scares me about betting on Bowles is that a Faber vs Cruz rematch seems inevitable. UFC seems to be pushing for it.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why do you make a new f-cking thread every event?

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Wow. Pace is gonna beat up Torres on the feet, huh? ...Lock it up, boys.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I don't get it. I like him, but feel he should be a bigger dog.
    That doesn't make any sense.

If you like a play on him at current prices then you can't think he should be a bigger dog. You think he should be less of a dog.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

BTW, I like all your dog picks, but at better prices and different reasons.

good luck.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    That doesn't make any sense.

If you like a play on him at current prices then you can't think he should be a bigger dog. You think he should be less of a dog.
    When I make a play, I think the fighter will win the fight, regardless of the line... unless some fights where I think the value and chances are worth the shot... I like him to win the fight, but would have thought he'd be considered a bigger dog by the oddsmakers
    Last edited by gabe; 11-17-11 at 01:18 AM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Why do you make a new f-cking thread every event?
    'cos I'm OG like that, lil homie.

BTW, I like all your dog picks, but at better prices and different reasons.

good luck.
    thanks, you too.

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    Wow. Pace is gonna beat up Torres on the feet, huh? ...Lock it up, boys.
    He beat Menjivar pretty good and won the fight, although Menjivar took the decision. And this is coming from a guy who had Menjivar as one of the lock's he's 21-0 with. I had my money on Menjivar, but Pace beat him up. And I think Menjivar would beat Miguel Torres. Pace should be able to tap him out.

FightFightFight

Menjivar made Pace look like an amateur until he caught one knee late in the third. Any argument for Pace winning is due to takedowns that he could do absolutely nothing with. In fact, for him to lose those rounds even with the takedowns is a testament to how badly he was beaten in the standup.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Menjivar made Pace look like an amateur until he caught one knee late in the third. Any argument for Pace winning is due to takedowns that he could do absolutely nothing with. In fact, for him to lose those rounds even with the takedowns is a testament to how badly he was beaten in the standup.
    The third? You could argue that Pace won every single round. Joe Rogan thought he did, anyway.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Gabe you wish you were Joe don't you?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

I think you're overstating it a little here. Menjivar was certainly clowning him standing, but Pace showed some power with which looked like a fluke knee, but it wasn't as he's hit it before. I think Pace should've won it 29-28. Pace was very slick on the ground in round 1. I don't think he can sub Torres, but I think he can maintain control and win a decision more than 28% more of the time.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

To be fair Rogan has one of the best jobs in the world!

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Gabe you are a beacon of light and hope in this drab stale community, god bless you

@ unknown hater #4 ha ha you sure got him pal, nobody would want to be Rogan. He only travels the world rubbing elbows with elite fighters and covering the fights from his ringside seats making beaucoup bucks in the process. Wicked burn bro
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 11-17-11 at 04:19 AM.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

I am also on the Kingsbury play (I'm not so sure about the whole Bonnar is a top LHW deal, but whatevs)

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Love Kingsbury. Fight goes the dist imo.

GL Gabe

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post

GL Gabe
    Bigday, you gonna join the contest?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post

GL Gabe
    I agree. A three round, hard fought battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    I am also on the Kingsbury play (I'm not so sure about the whole Bonnar is a top LHW deal, but whatevs)
    By "top light heavyweight" i don't mean that he's in contention for the title, just that he's a respected light heavyweight who has taken out big names, and himself would be considered an impressive name to have a win against in your record. Kingsbury took a step up to be facing him, and after this win, I think he'll get a top 5-10 guy. The division is stacked, which kinda sucks, 'cos I REALLY wanna see Gegard Mousasi make his way to the UFC.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

CORRECTION: I made an error, like usual. Shamar Bailey won't be fighting for his career on this card, I don't think. After this loss, I think he'll get an easier opponent he'll have a better chance against. Only reason I was a little hesitant to bet on Castillo was 'cos I felt like this would not be Shamar's last fight in the UFC, but since he won't be cut if he loses, I am upgrading Castillo. LOCK IT UP, BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FightFightFight

The third? You could argue that Pace won every single round. Joe Rogan thought he did, anyway.
    The third was close because of that knee. For sure. Im just saying the standup wasnt close, not the fight itself. The knee was all Pace had the whole fight. Takedowns are why you could argue the fiirst two for Pace. Pace also couldnt mount much offense on the ground, and against torres, he'll mount none at all, and possibly get swept if hes able to get it down.

FightFightFight

I think you're overstating it a little here. Menjivar was certainly clowning him standing, but Pace showed some power with which looked like a fluke knee, but it wasn't as he's hit it before. I think Pace should've won it 29-28. Pace was very slick on the ground in round 1. I don't think he can sub Torres, but I think he can maintain control and win a decision more than 28% more of the time.
    Never said it was a fluke, or that the fight as a whole couldnt have went to Pace. But his standup didnt look good at all except for one knee. Very flatfooted, with questionable defense. Against Torres, that spells trouble.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Never said it was a fluke, or that the fight as a whole couldnt have went to Pace. But his standup didnt look good at all except for one knee. Very flatfooted, with questionable defense. Against Torres, that spells trouble.
    Agree, but I think he has the wrestling and jits to get on top of Torres and win a decision.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

4 Locks eh...

If Pace hits, I'll tip my hat for being bold with that one.

FightFightFight

Agree, but I think he has the wrestling and jits to get on top of Torres and win a decision.
    Possible given the way they score fights. But if you look at the campuzano fight, and to a lesser extent the dj fight, Pace was unable to control the fight on the ground. Campuzano repeatedly got back up, and even took down pace. Torres is better at that by a wide margin. Add up the fact Torres wins the striking, plus the possibility it doesnt make it to the ground in at least 2 rounds, plus Torres reversing or doing well enough there to still win the round plus Torres really being the only one who can finish the fight, certainly by sub, for me that doesnt equal 28%.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

I think we will see one of the best performance in the UFC yet from Torres. He's been training with Blackzilla (plus still with Tri-star). I think he will outclass Pace.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    4 Locks eh...

If Pace hits, I'll tip my hat for being bold with that one.
    4 on 1 card? insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KushMoney
    KushMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Dude. Miguel Torres is so pissed after what happened in the Mighty Mouse fight, he got robbed of a title shot for it... He's going to destroy Nick Pace with a Pace Choke. Torres is a lock.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by KushMoney View Post
    Dude. Miguel Torres is so pissed after what happened in the Mighty Mouse fight, he got robbed of a title shot for it... He's going to destroy Nick Pace with a Pace Choke. Torres is a lock.
    Don't go betting your OG Kush on it.

Speaking of which, I've got a bowl packed with Strawberry OG Kush and containers of Pine OG Kush, Mars OG Kush, and OG Skywalker Kush Kief beside me. Respek!

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Don't go betting your OG Kush on it.

Speaking of which, I've got a bowl packed with Strawberry OG Kush and containers of Pine OG Kush, Mars OG Kush, and OG Skywalker Kush Kief beside me. Respek!
    Did you get that weed from Joey Diaz?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Gabe you are a beacon of light and hope in this drab stale community, god bless you

@ unknown hater #4 ha ha you sure got him pal, nobody would want to be Rogan. He only travels the world rubbing elbows with elite fighters and covering the fights from his ringside seats making beaucoup bucks in the process. Wicked burn bro
    I know this flew right over your head but Gabe told us he's semi apart of the deathsquad and was this close to getting onto the joe rogan experience. Nice try though. At least Gabe is funnier then you. Gabe is already a semi internet celebrity on this board and you have been trying too hard for over a year.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    I know this flew right over your head but Gabe told us he's semi apart of the deathsquad and was this close to getting onto the joe rogan experience. Nice try though. At least Gabe is funnier then you. Gabe is already a semi internet celebrity on this board and you have been trying too hard for over a year.
    nope, i haven't said any of that. disregard this fool.

i have said i'm friends with the deathsquad guys and have hung out and smoked with joe a few times. the rest, he's just adding because he has a thing for me. it's kinda cute, actually.
    Last edited by gabe; 11-18-11 at 01:23 AM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

doubling down on my 2 's ryan bader and seth baczynski

let's cash this!!!!!

parlay them if you're smaaht!!!!!!!!!!

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

im on seth baczynski too, win or lose it should be an exciting fight.

12 Last