NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Bellator 54

Bryan Baker vs Vitor Vianna

This is an interesting fight, and I will be backing Baker once again. He seems to be on a roll, with his only losses to Shlemenko and Chael Sonnen. Thoughts?
    Last edited by NickBaragona; 10-11-11 at 12:15 PM.

flickavic
    Lets Go Skins !!!
    flickavic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

at -300 he is a parlay stuffer at best..Im not done researching the fights yet.(im pretty sure i have most of these guys on past shows still on my dvr) I always look forward to Bellator and will post my picks once i make them..

NickBaragona

Yeah, I did the research before the odds went up and didn't expect any of these favorites to be so high.

flickavic
    Lets Go Skins !!!
    flickavic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

yes they have some steep odds up. not sure if any of the dogs are worth a play.my book doesnt have the lines up yet.between this card and the M-1 card i hope there is some decent odds to play..

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i wasn`t expecting shlemenko to be such a prohibitive fave.....i watched some video on rogers thinking i`d use him(shlem) in some pars... and the guy(rogers) isn`t a walkover...he`s quick,has solid technique standing and has a wrestling background(the emphasis on quick and powerful)....seems to have those crazy fast twitch muscles that some black athletes possess...

after a slow start,he`s whacking guys early and often(yeah,i`m sure the competition is sketchy)...but watch the vids on youtube yourself....the guy is much,much quicker than shlemenko...if shlemenko isn`t tight early,things could get interesting...shlemenko will stand in the pocket with rogers and that could be very interesting...

i`m not saying that rogers should beat the russkie...i`m saying that +400 is pretty steep given rogers` explosiveness early...he hasn`t gone past the first of late,so anything after that is obviously a ????...

i`d be a bit leery laying -500/600 on shlem here...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 10-12-11 at 08:58 AM.

NickBaragona

Thanks for the insight, I'll check Rogers out.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Like the Rogers bet. Don't have much to add... but he is definitely no pushover and if he can get this one to the ground Shlemenko could be in serious trouble. Line doesn't seem right... but maybe there are other intangibles I'm missing.