ReBEL`LiON
    ReBEL`LiON's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Something I've noticed about Edgar/Maynard going the distance.

I remember when they opened the lines up, the fight going the distance was at a whopping -420.
    As the fight got closer, it's gone down to -235.

Is there something we don't know that line makers are counting on? That's a pretty huge jump and we need to consider this before betting on any props.

Anyone wanna drop some knowledge of why this may be?

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

5 rounds, somebody could get caught. I think its better value to bet the same amount on each guy to win inside the distance then it is to bet on the fight to not go the distance.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is pretty standard line movement. It's hard to think people would straight bet a 5 rounder like this at -420. Money is much more likely to come the other way and original lines move very easily and very fast with minimal money in the start. I wouldn't think too much of this particular movement Rebel.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    5 rounds, somebody could get caught. I think its better value to bet the same amount on each guy to win inside the distance then it is to bet on the fight to not go the distance.
    Not at current 5d lines. +178 vs +422 and +425 (equivilant to +162). Plus, I'm not sure how 5dimes grades, but a technical decision would probably be graded as a win for not go the distance but a loss on a fighter inside.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Hmmm that is pretty interesting. Perhaps linesmakers are giving more credit to Maynard's punching power.

With that being said, -235 is pretty good value for that prop with a Maynard by TKO hedge.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post

Not at current 5d lines. +178 vs +422 and +425 (equivilant to +162). Plus, I'm not sure how 5dimes grades, but a technical decision would probably be graded as a win for not go the distance but a loss on a fighter inside.
    Thats true. i forgot to account for the fight NOT going the distance lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

It's quite simply that people are betting Maynard by TKO/KO after seeing what he did in the first round of the last fight

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    It's quite simply that people are betting Maynard by TKO/KO after seeing what he did in the first round of the last fight
    was gonna say...