ReBEL`LiON
    ReBEL`LiON's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

UFC 136: More dogs to bet on than 135

In the last UFC, there were too many favorites and no dogs to bet on. This time around its the opposite. Good value on this card, but I wouldn't go crazy with parlays. Here's IMO a list of great dogs to consider.

Garcia +200 over Phan -240 or Garcia by decision +325

Maynard by decision +220

Aldo by decision +325

Stann +220 over Sonnen -260

Jeremy Stephens +250 over Anthony Pettis -300

flickavic
    Lets Go Skins !!!
    flickavic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

as far as dogs go id list Beltran at +225 also

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Double post
    Last edited by BIGDAY; 10-07-11 at 08:31 PM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

The dogs on this card are very well rounded and have good chances at taking a couple of the favs out.

We're in store for a great night of fights!

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I can certainly see all of these underdogs winning expect Leonard Garcia.

After rewatching the first fight, I'm disgusted that Garcia won that fight.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

hope you're wrong about garcia, I got 4 bills on Mr. Pham!!! I think not only skill and tecnique, but karma favors nam in this one. I do agree though that overall lots of live dogs in this one. GL!

ReBEL`LiON
    ReBEL`LiON's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Garcia actually has a training camp this time. Their first fight he took it on short notice and weighed in at 170 when he got called for the replacement. He said all he did in prep for the fight was lose weight. Id say this l ine should be a pick em again. I wouldn't put too much faith into someone as inconsistant as phan. Plus he garcia has a good chin and phan will most likely win by decision if he does win

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by ReBEL`LiON View Post
    Garcia actually has a training camp this time. Their first fight he took it on short notice and weighed in at 170 when he got called for the replacement. He said all he did in prep for the fight was lose weight. Id say this l ine should be a pick em again. I wouldn't put too much faith into someone as inconsistant as phan. Plus he garcia has a good chin and phan will most likely win by decision if he does win
    Yeah but Garcia with training camps in the past hasn't looked any better than he did against Phan the first time. If Garcia actually has a "gameplan" and tries to out-technique Phan, he will lose by an even greater margin and throw away his chances of catching another controversial decision due to not being so wildly aggressive.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Garcia's gameplans go out the window the minute the first punch is thrown... ;p

proposition joe

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Garcia's gameplans go out the window the minute the first punch is thrown... ;p

Unless his gameplans are to have no gameplans..lol...Greg Jackson is pretty tricky!!

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Garcia isn't much of a game plan fighter, but he has gone for things like takedowns in the past and he is a very flashy fighter. I think Garcia pretty much sucks, but with a very basic game plan and a flashy style I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out another close win. Still haven't made a play on this fight, but I do agree with what some people said about Phan not having proven himself yet.

A game plan might work against him joe, but those 2 or 3 takedowns he did against the Korean Zombie could have easily been the reason he was awarded the decision. Also a takedown attempt here and there may make Phan more cautious.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Yeah, I hate betting Garcia fights either side...

I did notice he did seem to outsize Phan considerably at the weigh-ins as well.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

garcia is totally bogus...he should be fighting in smaller organizations...the reason he`s in the ufc is because dana likes toughman a little too much...
    garcia is the case in point that judges don`t actually score effective aggression...they just score aggression..

that said,phan`s probably not ufc material either....

it`s totally up to phan what happens tonight,imo...he proved he can pick garcia apart...pretty much everybody has proven that....the issue is whether he has the stamina to up his workrate.....and whether he wants it enough...he seems like he lacks self confidence....

i doubt that garcia considers taking it to the ground....he knows the only reason he`s in the ufc is because dana believes that fans would rather see trainwrecks than true mixed martial artists....

i`m waiting for the day that they put garcia in with a powerful puncher.....his act is wearing a bit thin on me....hoping that phan doesn`t ph-ck this up....i believe it`s his to win....or lose...

i wish i trusted him more...

proposition joe

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    garcia is totally bogus...he should be fighting in smaller organizations...the reason he`s in the ufc is because dana likes toughman a little too much...
    garcia is the case in point that judges don`t actually score effective aggression...they just score aggression..

it`s totally up to phan what happens tonight,imo...he proved he can pick garcia apart...pretty much everybody has proven that....the issue is whether he has the stamina to up his workrate.....and whether he wants it enough...he seems like he lacks self confidence....

i doubt that garcia considers taking it to the ground....he knows the only reason he`s in the ufc is because dana believes that fans would rather see trainwrecks than true mixed martial artists....

i`m waiting for the day that they put garcia in with a powerful puncher.....his act is wearing a bit thin on me....hoping that phan doesn`t ph-ck this up....i believe it`s his to win....or lose...

I've actually been impressed by Phan both against Garcia the first time as well as against Brown. He seems like the type of fighter who will never wow us with his finishing ability but will also be very hard to finish as he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He has quite a bit more experience than most people realize.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post

Unfortunately Hominick had a broken thumb when he fought Garcia so had to just jab the whole fight. Im confident Garcia would of been finished had Mark not been injured. Garcia is a company man, like his homie Cerrone the UFC can count on them fighting whenever and against whoever they want. It's useful to have guys like that around, same with Dan Miller (Cerrone just happens to be a very good fighter as well unlike Garcia).

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post
    I've actually been impressed by Phan both against Garcia the first time as well as against Brown. He seems like the type of fighter who will never wow us with his finishing ability but will also be very hard to finish as he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He has quite a bit more experience than most people realize.

i think he has talent...i just don`t think he`s confident in there....guys that come up just short are a dime a dozen....

it`s good not to make mistakes..but you have to be aware of your situation...have some self-awareness...you know going in that you schooled garcia the first time around and still lost...so something has to change....and that would be that phan has to be busier to offset the perception that garcia`s windmilling garbage is trumping.phan`s less frequent,but more effective striking.....

he has to take his hands out of his pockets...and not let garcia take the play away with late round flurries....

i pray he doesn`t let himself lose again because he left something in the cage...but that might just be a part of who phan is as a fighter....

we`ll see tonight....