SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Struve Vs Barry Pic

Pretty funny.
    Barry is a short heavyweight, that might be a problem for Struve trying to take him down. I think it will also mean that Struve will have to work hard for a submission then vs a regular sized heavy weight. He will have an easier time with the triangle, but short of Struve jumping guard, i dont see Pat going in his guard. i like pat, I hope we wins, but this fight can go either way. I would say the value is with Struve by submission

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Just a thought but I would expect Barry's neck to be vulnerable in clinch scenarios. Barry will likely have to walk him back against the cage before he can unload on Struve's chin and that could create an opportunity to attack the neck for Struve if he is able to clinch. Hopefully someone smarter than me can comment.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6184

barry is going to chop struve down. those legs are a big target. barry tko

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1932

I also think Struve could clinch Barry due to his height.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

i got struve on my parlay +175

SportsPedagogy

I do like Barry with leg kicks. I'll find the video tomorrow, but he won like first 3 fights with a total of 5 or 6 leg kicks... Impressive

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

im on "no KOTN issued" at +2000 but there is a couple fights that worry me, this one the most.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

if struve can figure out how to keep his distance he should have to trouble getting the W, that hasn't been the case in his previous fights thought.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Don't think the kicks will be as effective against a taller opponent. Its gotta come up higher than usual, and it will be easy to check.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Don't think the kicks will be as effective against a taller opponent. Its gotta come up higher than usual, and it will be easy to check.
    Disagree. He check them all day ... its still gonna hurt

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

You never kicked anyone before? It hurts like hell if your opponent checks properly.. .because most leg kicks are landed with the shin right above the ankle.. which is considerably weaker than the part of the shin that you are supposed to check with.
    Struve has big bones, and i bet from supporting so much mass his whole life... those bones are dense as hell. As long as he's not eating them on the thigh and checking with the shin right below the knee those will damage his opponent more than him. It should be easier for him to check kicks with that part of his leg because he is much taller than his opponent and his legs are longer.

I believe that barry will be more successful with his hands than his legs.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    im on "no KOTN issued" at +2000 but there is a couple fights that worry me, this one the most.
    I recall several events without a SOTN, but can't without a KOTN. Has there been any?

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    You never kicked anyone before? It hurts like hell if your opponent checks properly.. .because most leg kicks are landed with the shin right above the ankle.. which is considerably weaker than the part of the shin that you are supposed to check with.
    Struve has big bones, and i bet from supporting so much mass his whole life... those bones are dense as hell. As long as he's not eating them on the thigh and checking with the shin right below the knee those will damage his opponent more than him. It should be easier for him to check kicks with that part of his leg because he is much taller than his opponent and his legs are longer.

I believe that barry will be more successful with his hands than his legs.

Im actually a pretty decent kicker. (on a side note, once im done coaching football this season, ll be joining up at Duane Ludwigs gym .... pretty excited) anyways, hes going to hit the side of Struves leg, even if he checks it. I dont think it will hurt Barry that much, when i first started muay thai, we got hit in the shins ll the time with bamboo sticks to deaden the nerves. Im not sure what Barry has done, but im sure his legs are conditioned to kick trees. (Another sick thing we did)

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I recall several events without a SOTN, but can't without a KOTN. Has there been any?
    Yes, it has happened at least twice. I can't remember the exact events though. I think Mir/CC was one and we had one a couple events back I believe.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post

Yes, it has happened at least twice. I can't remember the exact events though. I think Mir/CC was one and we had one a couple events back I believe.
    Mir KO'd C.C. i think he got KO of the night

Kaladarus

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Mir KO'd C.C. i think he got KO of the night
    He did KO him, but the fight sucked in Dana White's opinion, so Dana White didn't give a KO of the night.

Kaladarus

Thinking more about this and I honestly can't remember a time it has happened since then. For some reason I thought it just happened a few UFCs back, but I can't find any information.

Kaladarus

Kind of funny thing I noticed also on UFC 76. UFC 76 was called UFC 76 Knockout and there was no KO of the night on that card either.

SportsPedagogy

Barry might accidently punch struve in the junk.

SportsPedagogy

Damn .... i knew it would go down like that ... i didnt bet.... did wanna cheer against pat ... money on the table ... double sad

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post
    Just a thought but I would expect Barry's neck to be vulnerable in clinch scenarios. Barry will likely have to walk him back against the cage before he can unload on Struve's chin and that could create an opportunity to attack the neck for Struve if he is able to clinch. Hopefully someone smarter than me can comment.
    what are the winning lotto numbers for next week?

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

8,17,33,37,44 and 19 for the mega number

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Barry might accidently punch struve in the junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post

8,17,33,37,44 and 19 for the mega number