lolblackpeople
    lolblackpeople's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think we need to start talking about a Jones vs A. Silva Superfight

This would be epic in terms of hype, however I think Jones takes him down easy and dominates. Thoughts?

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Let John "Bones" Jones first sweep his own division before we to any talk about that super bout. GSP and the Spider have already swept theirs.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Dana talked about it at the post fight press conference.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Ive been talking this. I dont wanna see gsp & spider, id much rather see these two go at it. I want to see a fight anderson would be underdog in

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

No way he'd dominate a Anderson Silva in good condition. Will have to happen sooner than later as Anderson isnt gettin any younger

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    No way he'd dominate a Anderson Silva in good condition. Will have to happen sooner than later as Anderson isnt gettin any younger
    this guy knows what he's talking about. Anderson silva is a monster and no one( that isn't a heavy weight) would dominate him.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post

this guy knows what he's talking about. Anderson silva is a monster and no one( that isn't a heavy weight) would dominate him.
    What if I say Anderson Silva would crush Bones if they fought?

lolblackpeople

What quality wins does Silva have outside of Dan Henderson? He has benefitted from being in a weak division. Has struggled with finishing scrubs and was pushed to the limit with Sonnen. Everyone who knows MMA knows this. Jones would be no doubt be the favorite in this one. Heck, if I had to pick, I'd take Henderson in a rematch. Silva has some great fights in front of him if he chooses to move up.

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    What if I say Anderson Silva would crush Bones if they fought?
    I would say it was a possibility. To be honest I think the fight could go a lot of different ways. I think that if jones tried to strike with silva, jones would get KO'd. If jones wrestled silva then silva would most likely lose. I just think it is stupid to act like silva has no chance in a fight with any fighter. The guy has a lot of skills to win a fight against anyone. Silva has a lot of speed and he has proven to be very evasive when striking. Jones hasn't fought a striker with leg kicks and the skill set that silva possesses. If they fought and I had to pick a winner I would pick jon jones, but I am not foolish enough to think that silva has no chance.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

Quote Originally Posted by lolblackpeople View Post

What quality wins does Silva have outside of Dan Henderson? He has benefitted from being in a weak division.

Holdddd up...

Yushin Okami is "The best fighter to come out of Japan." Thats gotta count for something right?

lolblackpeople

I would say it was a possibility. To be honest I think the fight could go a lot of different ways. I think that if jones tried to strike with silva, jones would get KO'd. If jones wrestled silva then silva would most likely lose. I just think it is stupid to act like silva has no chance in a fight with any fighter. The guy has a lot of skills to win a fight against anyone. Silva has a lot of speed and he has proven to be very evasive when striking. Jones hasn't fought a striker with leg kicks and the skill set that silva possesses. If they fought and I had to pick a winner I would pick jon jones, but I am not foolish enough to think that silva has no chance.
    You give me the awful impression you haven't watched very much MMA. Jones hasn't fought a striker with leg kicks? Are you familiar with Shogun Rua?

This would be an easy one, trust me. Jones isn't going to fight Anderson's fight, this one will hit the mat....with ease. Jones is unlike anyone we have seen before.

FindTheLock

You give me the awful impression you haven't watched very much MMA. Jones hasn't fought a striker with leg kicks? Are you familiar with Shogun Rua?

This would be an easy one, trust me. Jones isn't going to fight Anderson's fight, this one will hit the mat....with ease. Jones is unlike anyone we have seen before.
    How many leg kicks did Shogun throw in that fight? Jones has never been hit. Not even rampage connected with anything worth mentioning. Do you really think Jones would get into a fight with Anderson Silva without finding out what it feels like to get hit? There is a very large difference in the styles of Anderson Silva and Shogun. I have a lot of respect for Shogun, but Silva is a counter striker which is exactly the kind of fighter that could beat jones when he gets wild in the striking department. Silva is fast enough to avoid getting hit, and he is precise enough to land something to put Jones to sleep. I think Jones has an advantage in that fight only because he is bigger and stronger. He really should be fighting HW's, but I wouldn't be shocked if Silva got the KO either.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Jones/Silva is the perfect fight right now. The problem is that time is RIGHT NOW and these guys probably won't fight.... if ever.... until another year or two after Bones has taken out the rest of the LHW contenders (Rashad, Machida, Davis, Gustafsson, etc). I fear that Silva will lose a step by that time and this is a man that is very dependent on his reflexes and agility. Against Bones he can't afford to lose any attributes. Today I believe Anderson has a very good chance against Bones on the feet.... in a year or two though, I'd lose that confidence. Bones is moving along at a rapid pace right now and is constantly improving - Rampage has been his biggest test and he pretty much tooled him until locking in the choke. Bones is not only uber-talented, uber-strong with crazy ranginess... but he's smart and trains with the best. Definitely 1 in a million. If he fought Anderson I'm sure he'd work to get it to the ground asap. How crazy would people go if he actually submitted Silva? It's possible.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

What quality wins does Silva have outside of Dan Henderson? He has benefitted from being in a weak division. Has struggled with finishing scrubs and was pushed to the limit with Sonnen. Everyone who knows MMA knows this. Jones would be no doubt be the favorite in this one. Heck, if I had to pick, I'd take Henderson in a rematch. Silva has some great fights in front of him if he chooses to move up.
    Of course Jones would be the favourite, but there is a difference between being a favourite and dominating Anderson. Are the likes of Bader, Bonnar, Matyshenko, Vera, and Hamill of a higher level than Murray, Leben, Marquardt, Forrest Griffin, Franklin? Are Shogun and Rampage that much better than Sonnen, Belfort, Maia, Henderson or Okami?

lolblackpeople

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Of course Jones would be the favourite, but there is a difference between being a favourite and dominating Anderson. Are the likes of Bader, Bonnar, Matyshenko, Vera, and Hamill of a higher level than Murray, Leben, Marquardt, Forrest Griffin, Franklin? Are Shogun and Rampage that much better than Sonnen, Belfort, Maia, Henderson or Okami?

The first set of opponents you mentioned are very similar. The second set, not so much. Shogun and Rampage better then Okami, Belfort, etc? ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE (cept for hendo, he's truly legit). 185lb is truly the weakest division in all of MMA. Anderson has benefitted from this. I don't mean to hate on Anderson, but he isn't as good as his highlights. Unfortunately, this is how the uneducated fan judge him. Sure he KO'd Belfort in spectacular fashion, but, YAWN, how many people have beaten Belfort? Hendo dominated belfort for all three rounds, a young Overeem beat him twice, even a 180lb Sakuraba beat him....TITO ORTIZ beat him!! LOL. C'mon now.

Shogun and Rampage are two top 10 guys OF ALL TIME. These are Jones' first two opponents in title fights and he DOMINATED both. That is important too. Does Anderson dominate opponents? Well, sometimes he does. Other times, not so much. This is why I rank GSP and Fedor over Anderson in all time rankings. These two completely dominated the competition. Not just winning the fight, but dominating every round.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

You absolutely have to consider the fact that this is a 24 year old still picking up the game, he is going to improve exponentially each fight. So if you are merely going on his past performances or even this latest one, you are going to be sorely mistaken.

It isn't that easy to say that Silva wouldn't be dominated.

This is the right time to beat him, before he gets scary good, either that or wait until he starts trending down (see you in 7 years lol).

Pabinator

This is the fight i would love to see & as someone already said, sooner than later because Spider isnt getting younger.

This is the best fight out there IMO.

Id rather see it more than pacroid & MMW

Please Dana White make it happen!

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Let's not get carried away like we did with machida and Brock.

Let's see how he does against rashad before we start praising him.

So far he has beat people that cannot compete with him athletically. Rashad should be quicker and move faster than bones.

After that then we can startup wonder about fighting the best ever

Poppa Catfish

Believe it or not, but some of us weren't sold on uninspiring decision victories against the likes of David Heath. Brock has always had more than his fair share of naysayers, not only do I object to being added to your collective we, I flat out don't get it.

Pabinator

Carried away? he is a 6'4'' guy who wasnt even hit by shogun or rampage.

& he is 24. we have never seen anything like this guy before. & if the fight were made today he would be favored over the best ever (Silva)

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    Carried away? he is a 6'4'' guy who wasnt even hit by shogun or rampage.

& he is 24. we have never seen anything like this guy before. & if the fight were made today he would be favored over the best ever (Silva)
    Exactly, and no its not just him being athletic. An experienced viewer should notice that his BJJ is blossoming.

When was the last time we saw a flying triangle in the light heavyweight division? And it was a fairly decent one at that.

Poppa Catfish

damn double posts

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I'm convinced that these super fights will never happen. If they do, it's when someone is out of their prime.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Dana already said this fight aint gonna happen. Not until Bones cleans up his own Division anyway.

FindTheLock

I am curious to hear the Bones fan boys give their opinions on Bones' chances against cain.

Pabinator

I dont think Dana will ever make this superfights either. All this talk about cleaning out the divisions is crap, you will always have contenders out there for the title. Its just how it goes.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    I dont think Dana will ever make this superfights either. All this talk about cleaning out the divisions is crap, you will always have contenders out there for the title. Its just how it goes.
    Sure, there are always contenders. But then people start saying that they are beating a bunch of nobodies.

Kinda like Mike Tyson. He beat the best there was at the time, yet people say he beat a bunch of no names. The kid never ducked a fight. He beat the best they through at him until his career went sour.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

what ever happened to gsp vs silva?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1932

Jon Jones should fight Phil Davis before fighting Anderson Silva.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    what ever happened to gsp vs silva?
    GSP vs Carlos Condit first

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    GSP vs Carlos Condit first
    What a valuable post. Glad you took the time to click reply, type in something everyone knew, and click submit. It's noble work you're doing here.

Go back to your thread and talk about Golden Girls or whatever the **** you're doing.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

I am curious to hear the Bones fan boys give their opinions on Bones' chances against cain.
    Well, I am not a "Jones fan boy", but I believe that Cain has a better wrestling, cardio and more power than Jones. It would be a bad night for the young phenomenon if this fight happen.

lolblackpeople

Quote Originally Posted by caveira View Post
    Well, I am not a "Jones fan boy", but I believe that Cain has a better wrestling, cardio and more power than Jones. It would be a bad night for the young phenomenon if this fight happen.
    Now THAT would be a hell of a fight.

Pabinator

I still want to see a fight that Anderson Silva is underdog for once

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Jones could easily takedown Anderson and finish the fight with his powerful gnp. That would be my bet if this fight happens. On the other hand, if Jones wants to try standing up against Anderson, things could end badly for him...