gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Rampage asking for Shogun

LOL!!! The guy went into the fight prepared with a loss speech, had planned to ask for Shogun. Talked so big about winning the fight that I started thinking he might have a chance.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

the fight makes a lot of sense

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rampage is a showman. He fills the seats and people purchase pay per view. Dana White likes that. Rampage knew he couldn't beat Jones. He's just happy to get a paycheck tonight.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Kind of like how Shogun knew he couldn't beat Jones.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

...you guys are absolutely wrong.

He 100% believed that he could beat Jones...and if he didn't...he wouldn't have taken the fight or spent OVER 1 million dollars on his training camp.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Squareguy View Post

He 100% believed that he could beat Jones...and if he didn't...he wouldn't have taken the fight or spent OVER 1 million dollars on his training camp.
    I think you read that story wrong, it stated that Rampage's camp cost 1 million, not that he spent 1 million for it. After all MP gave him a lamborghini for that fight.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Squareguy View Post

he didn't pay for the camp out of his own pocket. he got millions of dollars for this fight, including his sponsors...and yeah, the lambo.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    he didn't pay for the camp out of his own pocket. he got millions of dollars for this fight, including his sponsors...and yeah, the lambo.
    Yeah but still, Rampage isn't going to go through the motions with a camp of that magnitude,Rampage absolutely hates training. If he was just showing up for a paycheck we would have seen a different man out there.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Yeah but still, Rampage isn't going to go through the motions with a camp of that magnitude,Rampage absolutely hates training. If he was just showing up for a paycheck we would have seen a different man out there.
    Well, I mean of course he did his best to get a lucky knockout, and knew that was his best chance at winning. He trained his best because he knew that's what he needed to do so he would have a 15-20% chance at winning instead of a 1% chance. He went into the fight that day fully aware that a loss was the likely outcome. If he was as confident in winning as he had been claiming, asking to fight Shogun in Japan would have been the furthest thing on his mind in that moment.

Poppa Catfish

Maximizing a slim chance of victory just doesn't resonate with the small bit of Rampage that I see on the screen, nor does it resemble anything that I see in the gym. These guys have supreme confidence, whether its deserved or not. Josh still convinced he can beat GSP, nay that he will beat GSP.

If they don't think they can or will win most will not push their bodies to the brink to win. I'd imagine that is doubly so for a fighter like Rampage, but that is assuming my read on him is correct. A stretch I know.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

The likes of Koscheck and Rampage wouldnt of got to the level that they are at without having supreme confidence in themselves

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    The likes of Koscheck and Rampage wouldnt of got to the level that they are at without having supreme confidence in themselves
    Koscheck in his heart knows he could beat GSP. GSP can't knock him out, but he could sure knock GSP out, and he knows that.

Rampage did his best for this fight because he did not want to look like a complete joke. He wanted to give it his best shot. He kept saying Jon Jones was all hype. What is he, braindead? Had he not seen the previous Jon Jones fights? You can't say someone is hype when there is all that clear evidence of him dominating fighters stronger than he (Rampage) is. Rampage is not that dumb, I'm sure in the back of his mind he knew his chances were slim. Again, if he felt the only way he would leave that fight was the winner, then his post-fight speech would have been a bit different. From what I got, he was basically saying "I knew my chances weren't great to win this fight, but I tried my best. I'm ready for my next paycheck."

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    Kind of like how Shogun knew he couldn't beat Jones.
    wait for my rematch. when i'm healthy, I will smash him.

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post

wait for my rematch. when i'm healthy, I will smash him.
    Ok will do!

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

rampage did the best that anyone has done against jones, and I now see that Machida will be able to beat Jones.

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    rampage did the best that anyone has done against jones, and I now see that Machida will be able to beat Jones.
    No, that still goes to Stephan Bonnar.

Poppa Catfish

I now see that Keith Jardine will be able to beat Jones

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Only people I could see beating Jones are Phil Davis and Gegard Mousasi.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Only people I could see beating Jones are Phil Davis and Gegard Mousasi.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

Watching Mousasi get wrestlefucked by King Mo leads me to conclude otherwise.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    I now see that Keith Jardine will be able to beat Jones

hahaah And Coleman

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by more_betterness View Post
    Watching Mousasi get wrestlefucked by King Mo leads me to conclude otherwise.
    I could see Mousasi beating him, but maybe that's because I'm a a biased Mousasi fan. lol

But Phil Davis I think has a real good shot at Jones