Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

UFC 139: Hendo vs Shogun

The H-Bomb returns to the UFC in San Jose.

Bookmaker already has a line up.

Rua -160
    Henderson +130

I'm leaning towards Rua via early TKO. Dan's been known for his legendary chin, but he got solidly rocked in his last 2 fights by Feijao and Fedor. I'm not so sure he can keep getting away with eating those big shots.

Also, I assume this is the main event and therefore 5 rounds. So safest bet may be that it doesn't complete 3 full rounds.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

im going with hendo in this one, this fight is going to be awesome tho either way

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

I got Hendo, lets not go overboard with Rua's win over Griffin

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

yup, slight lean on hendo here as well.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Not going to touch this one with a ten foot pole, although it's a fantastic #1 contender fight.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Hendo will be the favorite by fight night.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will destroy Hendo

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Sounds like a great match.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    I will destroy Hendo
    dude, you gotta calm down with this shit.

Semt3x
    Semt3x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hendo by H-bomb
    Get him now while he's still the dog

Spaceman Spiff
    Spaceman Spiff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Awesome fight! I think Shogun takes it, becoming the first guy to ever knock Hendo out.

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like both but not gonna lie gonna be pulling for shogun in this one. I just hope his cardio is in check for this fight if it is indeed a 5 rounder. I hope hes in shape like when he fought machida the first time and not like when he fought coleman.

ShogunRua
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Semt3x View Post
    Hendo by H-bomb
    Get him now while he's still the dog
    If Hendo does win the fight, it won't be by H-bomb. He'd be wise to avoid wild exchanges on the feet.

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Henderson by decision, I'm not confident enough to bet on it though..

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    I got Hendo, lets not go overboard with Rua's win over Griffin

Rua has not been the same fighter since he came to the UFC, and I don't think he s going to magically gain back his Pride form. Lost to Griffin, could have lost to Coleman if it didn't get stopped, unimpressive win over Liddell, 2 fights with Lyoto - looked alright in the fights, ass whoppin by Jones, and unimpressive win over the cowardly Griffin. It really seems he has been kind of out of shape, and maybe slightly injured in all of his fights except for the matchups with Lyoto.

ShogunRua
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post

Rua has not been the same fighter since he came to the UFC, and I don't think he s going to magically gain back his Pride form. Lost to Griffin, could have lost to Coleman if it didn't get stopped, unimpressive win over Liddell, 2 fights with Lyoto - looked alright in the fights, ass whoppin by Jones, and unimpressive win over the cowardly Griffin. It really seems he has been kind of out of shape, and maybe slightly injured in all of his fights except for the matchups with Lyoto.
    All the bad fights you mentioned are when he was coming off knee surgery. He's had 3 since he joined the UFC. Whenever he's healthy, he's been stomping everyone just like he did in Pride (he was healthy first Machida fight but lost controversial decision). All the other fights he lost, he was clearly not 100%. He looked like the exact same fighter in the first Griffin fight, the Coleman fight, and that title defense against Jones. Slow/sluggish and a completely different fighter.

Anyways, can't wait for this fight. I don't really know how it's going to go, but I am pretty certain Hendo is going to try to get the fight to the ground. He's obviously going to have to set it up on the feet, but you know what I mean. I'm interested to see if he can hold him there, and if he can, if Shogun's submissions will be a factor.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    Not going to touch this one with a ten foot pole, although it's a fantastic #1 contender fight.
    I agree with this.

Hendo is my favorite fighter of all time, hands down. And like an idiot I haven't bet his last two fights when deep down I knew I should have. Just couldn't pull the trigger.

I actually have a similar gut feeling in this one and think that we might see a 3rd Hbomb in a row.

Nevertheless, I will just sit back and enjoy once again. However, if he becomes a heavier dog by the time he gets on my bookie site, I might be making a play.

Either way a fantastic match up and definitely a nice set up for contention. Can't wait!!!

And now wand stepping in against cung (would have liked to have seen vitor more, but this was a great replacement)! Loving some of these future match ups

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I'd love to bet on Hendo at + odds... but at this point there isn't enough reward on either side to take the risk.
    Either guy could pull it off honestly, but I'd side w/ Hendo with his wrestling/power/chin. Rua isn't a sub artist and he hasn't looked like the Shogun we all knew in Pride. His gas tank would probably run short before Hendos at 205. Ok, maybe I'm talking myself into laying down on Henderson. I just wish it would hit +125 or so.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

I just can't see how Henderson is going to react to Shogun turning his quad into cat food. I guess if Henderson wants him on the ground he will get it there. At first I was thinking easy Shogun win but Henderson could nuke him with GnP, especially if Shogun is aggressive with submissions from bottom.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

LMAO quad into cat food...thats a good line there