The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

God, I peed a little when I saw this announced. So many unknowns makes this a must see fight. In the words of Bart Scott... CAN'T WAIT!

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Im excited for this fight too. Why would Dana want his biggest money maker to lose 2 (basically 3) in a row. He doesn't. Thats why he gives him an easy matchup in the muscle bound, over-hyped reem. Lesnar will wreck him. Cain and Carwin could stuff the td's. Reem can't. Reem's k-1 title should have an asterisk. He didn't beat anyone that good. Half of his opponents were hurt for his fight with them. No Badr.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im excited for this fight too. Why would Dana want his biggest money maker to lose 2 (basically 3) in a row.
    Because Lesnar is fighting on borrowed time. His health issues mean that any fight could be his last. Gotta make the big money fights while you can.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Guida/Hendo excites me more!

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Im excited for this fight too. Why would Dana want his biggest money maker to lose 2 (basically 3) in a row. He doesn't. Thats why he gives him an easy matchup in the muscle bound, over-hyped reem. Lesnar will wreck him. Cain and Carwin could stuff the td's. Reem can't. Reem's k-1 title should have an asterisk. He didn't beat anyone that good. Half of his opponents were hurt for his fight with them. No Badr.
    Dana wins regardless of the outcome.

Either...

A) [Lesnar Wins] Brock regains some of his mystique that diminished with the Cain loss

or

B) [Reem Wins] The UFC has a new comic-book-superhuman-looking mofo to push upon the masses

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Been speaking with multiple friends about this fight, and they all hate Lesnar, but all agree that he should be the favorite here, or at least a PK fight. I think they're right, but it is scary to think about how mental Lesnar gets....he is capable of blowing a fight by not thinking clearly and making a huge mistake.

Honestly though, this fight will be won by Lesnar.

Camdemonium
    Camdemonium's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mebaran View Post
    Been speaking with multiple friends about this fight, and they all hate Lesnar, but all agree that he should be the favorite here, or at least a PK fight. I think they're right, but it is scary to think about how mental Lesnar gets....he is capable of blowing a fight by not thinking clearly and making a huge mistake.

Honestly though, this fight will be won by Lesnar.
    I don't really understand your point. What mental mistakes are you referring to? The only time I've seen Lesnar get beat/beat up is by good powerful strikers (I don't put Overeem in this category especially after watching the Werdum fight). Ya, he lost to Frank Mir and I guess you could call that a mental mistake, I call it lack of experience. The guy does have less than 10 fights. I don't expect this fight to be close. I think the Reem is even more over rated than Lesnar, and that is saying something. Overeem looked terrible against Werdum and I thought that they both should have lost that fight. If Overeem's standup was rigid because of Werdum's takedowns, how will it look against Lesnar?

Furthermore does any one really see Overeem beating Dos Santos, Velasquez or Carwin? I mean really? Lesnar by TKO via GnP in rounds 1 or 2. You heard it here first. I'm open to discussion but if the line is close I'm dropping some serious cash.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Camdemonium View Post
    The only time I've seen Lesnar get beat/beat up is by good powerful strikers (I don't put Overeem in this category especially after watching the Werdum fight).
    Saying Overeem is not a good powerful striker is ridiculous, watch his kickboxing matches and all of his other MMA fights in the past 3 years.

Overeem fought a very cautious match against Werdum, trying to stay away from the only spot where Werdum could beat him. The question mark in the Lesnar fight is will he be too cautious trying to avoid the takedown. Where his gameplan should be to come straight to Lesnar, he only needs to connect once to make Lesnar fall apart.

Saying Overeem isn't a powerful striker is insane.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

When Brock comes in with his lazy predictable takedowns he is going to get his head kneed off!

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    When Brock comes in with his lazy predictable takedowns he is going to get his head kneed off!
    I don't think so Jordan... It's much more likely the wrestler take down the opponent than get his head kneed off during the attempt.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

ellenberger vs sanchez added

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Brocks takedowns are lazy and predictable? That's news to me. Still undecided on this one but I will most likely wait until after weigh ins and bet the dog if he looks good... hard to call this.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    ellenberger vs sanchez added
    I'm liking Ellenberger by KO/TKO. Curious to see the lines on that.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

And I think I'm staying away from this fight.

This fight can go either way IMO.

A fresh Overeem can certainly finish Lesnar early, but Lesnar has proven to weather the early storm of his opponents and utilize his superior cardio.

brooks85

ya i look forward to betting jake in that one

it looks like the fight is "in the works" tho so hopefully they sign on

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

I just can't see how Overeem is the favorite in this... Brock's chin isn't that bad... and there's no way Overeem keeps this fight standing.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

“The guy's built for show, not for go. He's made for a poster. He looks like he's made out of clay. He's not a very good fighter. And as far as the K-1 being this great striking event - the K-1 is a striking-only event. If you're in the K-1, you're only allowed to strike. But I've never seen a great striker there. I can discredit the K-1 with two syllables: Bob-Sapp.” - Sonnen!

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i can`t get the picture of lesnar completely panicing vs velasquez out of my head.....the experience difference here is quite large.....

overeem knows exactly what lesnar has to do....i kinda think a guy this experienced and powerful might just stuff those takedowns....

not a lesnar fan...his stand-up might be okay vs a smallish guy like couture...but vs a huge,powerful muay thai guy like overeem,he clinches and it won`t be pretty....at least until overeem gasses(which could be pretty quick...that`s how he used to lose fights before he became a doper).....

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Still be surprised if this fight actually happens - one of them is bound to get ill or injured

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

I still think this fight will be decided in the first 2 minutes (not necessarily over), if Lesnar get the take down, his chances of winning even in the first round are high. In the other hand, if Overeem to defend the first two or three attempts, Lesnar will be frustrated and must lose for tko/ko in the first hard hit of the Dutch.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

brock is going to be doing his little dance around the ring again.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Battle of the thundergods! Lightning bolts will be thrown!

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

ufc do what they did with guillard.

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Still be surprised if this fight actually happens - one of them is bound to get ill or injured
    Thats what I'm so afraid of as far as buying tickets. Without the ME the card doesn't look that great.

brooks85

cerrone vs nate diaz in the works for this event

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/10/3...up-for-ufc-141

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Max bet on gustafsson here
    janitor has no chance.

TheCalculator

Hoping the value improves on this fight. -280 is too chalky.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    ufc do what they did with guillard.
    What does that mean?

Playmaker
    Playmaker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Max bet on gustafsson here
    janitor has no chance.
    Was thinking the same thing....not sure about minus 280 though

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

i think i was referring to a matchup. I cant recall which fight it was. My point was that the ufc sometimes feed fighters easy fights.

ghost kid
    ghost kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35576

TheCalculator

Quote Originally Posted by ghost kid View Post
    Best UFC poster ever.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Nate Diaz comes out at +298 underdog against Cerrone Down to +190 now on Sportbet....

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

Nate Diaz comes out at +298 underdog against Cerrone Down to +190 now on Sportbet....

Whats your opinion on this fight Vaughany? I'd be on Cerrone, but its a bit too much juice for me.

First 123 Last