The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

UFC Cutting Fighters

Somebody explain this too me. The UFC has cut these fighters after losses: Mirko Crop Cop, Ferbricio Werdum, Rameau Sokoudjou, and now Jorge Gurgel. I don't understand why they let some of these guys go and keep some other trash. Example: Dennis Siver (11-6, 1-3 UFC) vs Nate Mohr (8-5, 1-2 UFC) at UFC 93. These turds couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag, but are still getting fights! I know you can make a case for why all these guys got cut, but it doesn't make sense to me. Cro Cop may be a little past his prime, but is still capable of decapitating someone. Iceman is washed up, has lost 3 of 4, and he hasn't been cut. Sokoudjou was more hype than anything, but the guy is still a beast and fun to watch. A lot of people don't like Gurgel, but I thought he was one of the most entertaining fighters in the UFC. All of his fights were highly entertaining. I don't care that he lost however many in a row. The dude made a fight exciting! He is just like Clay Guida. I just don't think it is smart for these guys to be cut. They will only strengthen other organizations that they sign with.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

it's all to do with money, CroCop, Werdum, Sokoudjou all made too much money and put up poor performances (they are expected to win). Nate mohr and dennis siver make like 6K a fight, they are basically stepping stones for fighters they want to push, thats why they brought back after losses. As for Liddell, he's the biggest name in the sport, a huge draw and Dana whites boy!

Broncos9798
    Broncos9798's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the comment on money for this situation Lock. Cro Crop getting kicked in the head by Gabriel Gonzales made Gonzales a poor mans Cro Crop. The majority of people that watch UFC didnt previosly know how great Cro Crop was. Now these uneducated viewers only know Cro Crop as the guy that got brutally kicked. So for UFC they can bring in just as many viewers as Cro Crop with a cheaper Gonzales. Straight business.

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

It's Gonzaga not Gonzales, and Cro-Cop said himself he doesn't want to fight in the UFC. Why did they drop Werdum?

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by MickChunky View Post
    It's Gonzaga not Gonzales, and Cro-Cop said himself he doesn't want to fight in the UFC. Why did they drop Werdum?
    Werdum was asked to renegotiate his contract after his last lose to an unknown up and comer Junior dos Santos. He refused and Dana released him from that contract. As we found out recently with jon fitch's short release, dana has it in the contract that a fighter can be released after a loss. So if you have a 5 fight contract and you lose your 2nd fight, the UFChas the right to release you and you no longer have the 3 remaining fights.

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

At least the Fitch video game fiasco was cleared up.

MMAJOE
    MMAJOE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

I took about 2 years to finally cut gurgel. The Soukagou was a cut was a shock to me.The Werdum was not a shock, Werdum wanted a title fight and got KO bye Santos. UFC said they wanted to cut his salary in half after the fight,Wersum said no and they cut him. He might be one of the worlds best heavy weights just not the most exciting.UFC also cut Jason Lambert after his loss to Jason Macdonald.

UFC keeps guys like Dennis Silver on there card is because he is a UK fighter and theres isnt many decent ones out there. Almost every UK card you are guareented to see Bisping,Taylor,Kelly,Silver.Even though Taylor has no ones in the UFC im a big fan exciting fighter.

Its all about the Marketability of the fighter and how much they are paying the fighter. I mean Chuck Liddell has lost his last 3-4 fights you think the UFC would cut him?But Sokagou beats Lil Nog and Arona in pride, Losses to Machida ( top LHW in the world,beats Nakamuara and loses to Cain and no he is cut ?? Dana white has some madness about all of this.

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Sokadjou was fun to watch. Big beastly predator man. Hilarious.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I know most of the cuts deal with $$$, but that just pisses me off. A billion dollar company can't spare an extra 30G's to keep around quality fighters? I won't get to see most of these guys fight anymore because I can't see the fights in Japan and Lord knows I don't want to buy an Affliction PPV because they suck big donkey penis.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    I know most of the cuts deal with $$$, but that just pisses me off. A billion dollar company can't spare an extra 30G's to keep around quality fighters? I won't get to see most of these guys fight anymore because I can't see the fights in Japan and Lord knows I don't want to buy an Affliction PPV because they suck big donkey penis.
    No doubt everyone would love to see all the fighters like Fedor and others in the UFC, but you can't argue that the UFC is the only real Big show in MMA left. Main reason is how they run there business and manage there money. They still can't afford to just give anyone all the money they want. If you saw that CNBC show Ultimate Fighting:From Blood Sport To Big Time, you'd see Dana and Zuffa were close to selling the company after buying it for 2 million and sinking in like 40million to promote it.