The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

STRIKEFORCE nearing the end?

After Overeem and the other Golden Glory fighters were cut, now comes the news that Emelianenko has been cut. Anther story hints that Dan Henderson could return to the UFC. With Diaz fighting in the UFC, what does Strikeforce have left? Zuffa needs to just pull the trigger and fold Strikeforce and quit with this slow piece by piece breakdown.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

In before people start blaming Herb Dean for getting Fedor cut.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

I imagine they fold strikeforce soon as the showtime contract expires.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

they still have gil melendez. they should use strikeforce for the lighter weight classes... oh wait, that was WEC.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Exactly, As soon they can, they will dissolve strikeforce and keep what they want for the ufc.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    I imagine they fold strikeforce soon as the showtime contract expires.
    I thought I read somewhere that contract was through until 2013?

But I agree that is likely when it will get folded up.

blumpkin
    blumpkin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5754

its only a matter of time.

Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

It's for the best really. Can't wait to see guys like Jacare, Bigfoot, Gilbert Melendez, etc... in the UFC.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

I wonder if they risk giving Mousasi a title fight against Hendo now. Sounds like Dana is willing to take Hendo back, and his stock is pretty hight now, it will go down if he lost to Mousasi who also if fighting on DREAM cards

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not sure how much they will be willing to pay Hendo in the UFC. There's no way they will come even close to the 800k he made last fight.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    I'm not sure how much they will be willing to pay Hendo in the UFC. There's no way they will come even close to the 800k he made last fight.
    If they feel he can carry a main event on a PPV they would probably pay him that.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    After Overeem and the other Golden Glory fighters were cut, now comes the news that Emelianenko has been cut. Anther story hints that Dan Henderson could return to the UFC. With Diaz fighting in the UFC, what does Strikeforce have left? Zuffa needs to just pull the trigger and fold Strikeforce and quit with this slow piece by piece breakdown.
    Fedor never had a deal with Strikeforce, it's always been with Showtime. And from what I understand the fight with Hendo was the last on that contract.

As long as the Showtime tv deal exists with Strikeforce, Zuffa won't be able to completely shut it down.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Please, he just beat fanboy favorite Fedor and his negotiating leverage is as strong as it has ever been. There's absolutely zero reason why the UFC couldn't offer him 800k or more, especially when they can give him a percentage of PPV buy money.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Anyway, it's not like Henderson really has anywhere else to go. There's no way Dream, Shark fights or BAMMA are going to pay him anywhere near what Zuffa will.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

They pretty much are coming to an end. By 2012 they wont have much left

SHALOMbagelBOMB
    SHALOMbagelBOMB's Avatar Become A Pro!

melendez would destroy edgar...yea I said it...maynard vs melendez would be interesting though

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

as much as dana white has done its difficult to complaint. The positive sites with one man or three controlling a sport, is that things get done, fast. Bloody fast. But i think we also for sure see the critical points with a fascist regime that the ufc is. They do what they want, too whom they want, when they want, and nothing can stop them. Thank you for all that you have done, but someone needs to kill dana white now

SHALOMbagelBOMB
    SHALOMbagelBOMB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    as much as dana white has done its difficult to complaint. The positive sites with one man or three controlling a sport, is that things get done, fast. Bloody fast. But i think we also for sure see the critical points with a fascist regime that the ufc is. They do what they want, too whom they want, when they want, and nothing can stop them. Thank you for all that you have done, but someone needs to kill dana white now
    are u saying lutter and leites didnt deserve a title shot?

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

One thing I think people don't account for in why Strikeforce wasn't even immediately dissolved to begin with once purchased by Zuffa is the power of titles and title fights. They draw, plain and simple. The 'respect' that would be garnered by only having one champion per weight class in the upper crust of promotions won't create more of a draw than having more guys that can call themselves 'champ'. While I cannot dispute the fact that sooner than later Strikeforce will be a thing of the past, and that what SHOULD occur when title unification bouts are booked WILL happen and WILL draw, there's just more money in having twice as many title fights in the long run.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

That was the whole plan.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

yea strikeforce is dying its only a matter of time.