NutsINyoMOUTH
    NutsINyoMOUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another terrible UFC card...

Zuffa presents.....UFC 133: Cans!

With one one fighter in the top 5 at any weight class (rashad, who is still very boring), this promises to be another epic fight card with not one fighter worth watching.

I still wonder why all of you idiots (who are too stupid to steal it online) pay for this.

It's funny how every strikeforce event is better (but free) while every UFC event is terrible and $45.

have you ever seen two elite fighters in the UFC lay it on the line (Kongo vs Barry was great, but those guys are not elite) like Henderson and Fedor last night? Um, never.

It's unbelievable how much the UFC has watered down MMA.

Have a nice day

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

NutsINyoMOUTH
    NutsINyoMOUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!

im a troll? youre the one with the "im betting 1200 on anthony pettis" thread....only to come back AFTER the fight and say "im such a genius for not actually making the bet."

rrrack em

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

It's taken you this long to figure out 133 is a sub-par card? I look forward to you next thread of "Attention: Grass is green!!!"

Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Yay more quality threads.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I agree that this card doesnt look too good on the surface, but sometimes those cards end up being the best ones.

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

this might be the first time ever i will root for ortiz...

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by NutsINyoMOUTH View Post

With one one fighter in the top 5 at any weight class (rashad, who is still very boring), this promises to be another epic fight card with not one fighter worth watching....
    It's funny how every strikeforce event is better (but free) while every UFC event is terrible and $45...
    Please let me know what cable provider offers Showtime free...

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post

Please let me know what cable provider offers Showtime free...

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by NutsINyoMOUTH View Post

It's unbelievable how much the UFC has watered down MMA.

Have a nice day
    yea its great, we will have 25 UFC events this year compared to 5 they had in 2004 (pre TUF) If the cost of having all these events is there is a watered down card evry now and then i'll take that 100% of the time

Who complains about more fights? all of a sudden more fights to bet on is a problem, this is a betting site. No one is forcing you to buy or watch any of these cards

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    yea its great, we will have 25 UFC events this year compared to 5 they had in 2004 (pre TUF) If the cost of having all these events is there is a watered down card evry now and then i'll take that 100% of the time Who complains about more fights? all of a sudden more fights to bet on is a problem, this is a betting site. No one is forcing you to buy or watch any of these cards
    This. Betting is the running the sports universe these days and UFC is cashing in on the sports betting market as well. The only reason some people watch ufc (sports in general) is because they have money on it. How many Monday night football games would you watch in full if you didn't have money on them? I am happy with all the cards, even if some are weak.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

We've been through this a hundred times and the same response every time! This is a betting forum...more events there are the better! If you think it's a shit card because the fights are noncompetitive then you should be able to make a lot of money from it which in turn should make you very happy!

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    We've been through this a hundred times and the same response every time! This is a betting forum...more events there are the better! If you think it's a shit card because the fights are noncompetitive then you should be able to make a lot of money from it which in turn should make you very happy!
    Never try to reason with retards.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Cash View Post
    I agree that this card doesnt look too good on the surface, but sometimes those cards end up being the best ones.
    word. Not the prettiest card, but these often turn out very good. Either way its an opportunity to make money and there are a couple fights I'm sincerely interested in. I'll agree with part of TS' rant though, SF shows almost always seem to be much, much better than ufc fights.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

It's all about hosting a party also. Friends and I are really into MMA. Are we all supposed to just hang out and all 8-12 of us huddle around a computer? Fukk NO. Everyone takes a turn and hosts and we get hammered. Make it an event. For what ever reason, even the lack luster cards like UFC 133, I still find myself all hyped up by Saturday.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

It's funny that you bring this up because just yesterday I was talking to my girlfriend about how the UFC cards have really been sucking. We've made several trips to Vegas to watch UFC, but I don't think I would drive 10 minutes to watch these shitty fights.

SHALOMbagelBOMB
    SHALOMbagelBOMB's Avatar Become A Pro!

instead of talking crap to the guy, can someone actually defend the fight card?

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SHALOMbagelBOMB View Post
    instead of talking crap to the guy, can someone actually defend the fight card?
    We will only know after the event is finished. Sure the fights could suck but mma is a sport and even the two crappiest fighters can put on a good show. I don't mind this card and hope it's a good event.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    This. Betting is the running the sports universe these days and UFC is cashing in on the sports betting market as well. The only reason some people watch ufc (sports in general) is because they have money on it. How many Monday night football games would you watch in full if you didn't have money on them? I am happy with all the cards, even if some are weak.
    I don't believe this at all. I'd be surprised if more than 10% of people who watch UFC fights have money on them. Most people honestly watch the fights to see *someone* get knocked out, but otherwise don't know much about them.

As for defending the card...

Mendes is more than arguably the #2 fw on the planet
    Gustafsson has all the potential to challenge for a title.
    Pierce/Hendricks and Rory/Pyle are both very pivotal WW fights
    Who doesn't want to see Ortiz pull off the unthinkable twice in a row?

There you go.

SHALOMbagelBOMB

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    I don't believe this at all. I'd be surprised if more than 10% of people who watch UFC fights have money on them. Most people honestly watch the fights to see *someone* get knocked out, but otherwise don't know much about them.

There you go.
    wow talk about delusional...u guys realize that the owners of these sports dont get a cut of the gambling money...just because u guys live in a wod of degenerates (sbr) doesnt mean everyone bets on sports. As a matter of fact id be willing to bet that 90% of people watching mma/nfl/nba and college sports are actually fans of the sport...morons

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow talk about delusional...u guys realize that the owners of these sports dont get a cut of the gambling money...just because u guys live in a wod of degenerates (sbr) doesnt mean everyone bets on sports. As a matter of fact id be willing to bet that 90% of people watching mma/nfl/nba and college sports are actually fans of the sport...morons
    A lot of people are just fans, but gambling brings more people to the sport and that's where the UFC makes money.

I got to say that at least 95% of people that watch sports bet on them. In most cases this is not professionally. You can bet someone $5 or something even less like buying them a pop if a certain fighter or team loses. I don't know many people that haven't put a small amount of action on a sport at one time or another. The UFC and other sports organizations don't get a cut directly, but they do get people watching that might have not watched had they not bet on it. Any time I've ever watched a UFC with friends or gone out or even been invited some where, there's always someone asking for action. I don't know of many people that get together to watch these events all the time and not even make friendly bets.

If this card came up 5 years ago when I didn't bet on UFC I don't think I would even watch it and this is the case for many others.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

I just assumed no one really payed for these.....

Why would you? I barely want to watch it for free.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

the price fro 25 ufc cards a year is a watered down product.

"watered down" is relative after all. the only reason you say 133 is bad is because there have better cards.

Chairib

It's a shanda, oy vey!

Have you called your mother recently?

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    I just assumed no one really payed for these..... Why would you? I barely want to watch it for free.
    Wow. MMA is the greatest sport on the planet.

Every sport in the world wishes it was fighting, and I'm not kidding.

SHALOMbagelBOMB

EXACTLY! I couldnt care less about a sport if I dont have money on it, but my addiction does not reflect the majority of people.

Do u know how many diehard soccer/ baseball/nba/ncaab/ncaaf/nfl fans there are who love their team because of where they live?

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

it could end up being terrible but you have no way to know until you watch it.

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post

There you go.
    Good sell job but still one of the weakest PPV's ever. I'm from Philly but I'm skipping this and heading across the street to the Taylor Swift concert instead

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

UFC is garbage, TUF noobs killed the sport.

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

yup, another worthless card. Won't even waste my time watching this junk

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Is the Players Talk forum down or something?

Chairib

Hey it's the dumbass from the Tyson thread! And it appears you know as little about MMA as you do boxing. Well at least you're consistent retard.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's free, so who cares?

SHALOMbagelBOMB

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalbrother View Post
    it's free, so who cares?
    free? yea if u steal it online...but no its on ppv sorry brah

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    UFC is garbage, TUF noobs killed the sport.