jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

do you think YOU could beat gina carano in a fight?

with strikeforce having a women's fight coming up, i started thinking about the only women's fighter i know.

so here's a question to you guys:

if you and gina got into a fight... do you think you could win? ive heard she cuts from 160lbs which is pretty freaking big for a girl...

at 160 myself, id have to say id probably lose lol.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I wouldn't try to find out... I'd let her get the takedown and move to full mount...

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

I am willing to find out if I get to grapplefuk Gina.

NutsINyoMOUTH
    NutsINyoMOUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!

gina yes...cyborg no

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by NutsINyoMOUTH View Post
    gina yes...cyborg no

Same here

thesox0311
    thesox0311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

no chance....id much rather get into a grappling match.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

No woman aint beating me in nothing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Wrecked, and raidersfan

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    No woman aint beating me in nothing.
    a triple negative, bravo!

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by NutsINyoMOUTH View Post
    gina yes...cyborg no
    I think Brock Lesnar would struggle against Cyborg.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

LOL , Gina is more of a striker, but she has a ground game too. Some of you guys are delusional if you think a girl cant beat you on the ground.
    iv been tapped by a female pro fighter on our team. Jujitsu is ment to even the playing field between different sizes.

I think Gina would beat alot of people on here, mainly by decision if you have the gas tank to go 15 minutes.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    I am willing to find out if I get to grapplefuk Gina.
    This!

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Jujitsu is ment to even the playing field between different sizes.
    No it's not.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    a triple negative, bravo!
    And just think... he beat every woman in his Grammar 101 Class.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Being 200 pounds and fit I would like to imagine I could take her on. However with my lack of professional fighting skills and lack of stamina for mma (I'm a soccer player) I think I would get fatigued much to quickly and be very vulnerable. The only way an average joe could beat her is if they overwhelmed her at the very start with strength and power and finished it quickly. The longer it goes, the lower average joe's chances become.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

no doubt carano`s attractive....but there`s some genetic tomfoolery going on in both gina and cyborg......mush like martina navratilova and and serena williams....

mother nature obviously has a sense of humor....

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Are people seriously contemplating whether they could beat Gina Carano up?!

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd just try to make it a ground game. If she winds up on top so be it. No punches will be thrown.

NutsINyoMOUTH
    NutsINyoMOUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Are people seriously contemplating whether they could beat Gina Carano up?!
    speak for urself bro...not everyones a soft euro like u I could take her down..i made the cali state tourney in high school. however, if I was forced to kickbox with her id get destroyed. I just need to train cardio for 3 months and polish my technique and id be fine.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

She needs to put me in a Triangle Choke.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post

No it's not.
    Okinawan Jujitsu wasnt as oriented towards it, but when it was adapted by the Gracies, they fine tuned it using leverage, angles and technique to be able to beat bigger and stronger opponents.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

although this is a ridiculous hypothetical: I only have a chance if I pull guard and get a quick sub, I have pretty nice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu skills, and what I consider to be a fairly offensive style (less about mitigating damage/trying to control position, more about moving from sub to sub as soon as I see a limb or neck available), but if it stays on the feet and/or the fight goes longer than ~5 minutes anyone that has actually stepped inside a ring or cage knows if they aren't in peak conditioning they have no shot. It's not like being a starter in basketball and playing a full 48 minutes, or even 90 minutes on a pitch playing a roaming CDM type role. It's much, much more demanding if you're performing with any sense of an appropriate work rate, and you aren't just standing there waiting to get your block knocked off.

If I'd put my odds at <15% (if that) against Carano (and seriously if you genuinely believe your chances are better than 25%, then you don't belong on SBR, you should be either in an asylum or should be training constantly as part of being a pro fighter/aspiring pro fighter), I'd put my odds at <3% against Cyborg. Not happening.

Absolutely no shame in admitting that girl would absolutely annihilate me, and all of this is coming from someone that while having a thinner, lean frame, doesn't get messed with by anyone that knows me; and most of the fights I've been in have ended with someone who isn't me having a dislocated joint/damaged limb, being choked out (by the way, who expects you to pull guard into a guillotine then sweep into a d'arce in a typical streetfight? if you haven't tried pulling guard and throwing a sub off your back/rolling into one during a physical confrontation [this is the 'dont start shit for the sake of starting shit' disclaimer, i've rarely, if ever initiated any of the fights I've ended up in..] that takes place outside of a school/training facility environment, and you're competent enough to do so, try it and see how surprised you end up catching people, facial expressions are worth the price of admission alone) or a messed up grill from an elbow+knee clinch work. I'm not some tough as nails huge guy, but i hold my own pretty well more often than not.

But that doesn't mean I'm delusional and think that I wouldn't end up swallowing my own teeth, knocked out, just because a professional MMArtist that hit me happens to be female & (and at least in Carano's case, Cyborg ain't quite my cup of tea) attractive

okay. I definitely spent way too much time writing about an insane hypothetical, quoting V's response and putting a below it would have been a much smarter decision.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    This!

I would let her pin me more then once.