PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Maynard/Edgar goes 3 round distance

this is a 5 round fight, so how would the bookie treat wagers on this line? my guess is they cancel all bets once they realize the mistake, but im just curious what people think. would it be worth it to bet "goes the 3 round distance" line and cross fingers that they honor the bet?

Sat 10/8
    1003 Maynard/Edgar goes 3 round distance -420
    11:00PM 1004 Fight won't go 3 round distance +300

fyi, this is on 5dimes.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

When the fight happens they aren't going to grade the bet when the 3rd round finishes! Are you thinking that they might not realise that another 2 rounds happened?!
    Before the cancellation of the previous rematch before they got injured the odds were pretty similar and they hadn't made the error of putting 3 rnds rather than 5 so it would probably stand as ur not gaining anything. If it was a 3 round fight the odds would be more like -550.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Pretty slim chance that they let it stand and grade it as o/u 3 rounds. And you're betting -420 on a fight almost 3 months out.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    When the fight happens they aren't going to grade the bet when the 3rd round finishes! Are you thinking that they might not realise that another 2 rounds happened?!

im just sayin, i think i can make a reasonable argument that "goes 3 round distance" should be interpreted as "starts round 4". lol. im sure it wouldn't work, but it would be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    Pretty slim chance that they let it stand and grade it as o/u 3 rounds. And you're betting -420 on a fight almost 3 months out.
    i hear ya. if anything it would be part of a longshot parlay for a very small stake.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    this is a 5 round fight, so how would the bookie treat wagers on this line? my guess is they cancel all bets once they realize the mistake, but im just curious what people think. would it be worth it to bet "goes the 3 round distance" line and cross fingers that they honor the bet?

Sat 10/8
    1003 Maynard/Edgar goes 3 round distance -420
    11:00PM 1004 Fight won't go 3 round distance +300

fyi, this is on 5dimes.
    5dimes will just cancel you. A shady book would freeroll you.