illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Machida is our only hope.

just read that Villa knocked out Warren. Cheered me up a BIT.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    Machida is our only hope.

just read that Villa knocked out Warren. Cheered me up a BIT.
    Gawdamnit... just starting that fight on the DVR...and had Joe in a parlay...

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

DIAZ SOTN! Kos KOTN. Jones-Rampage Fotn.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Woohoo... that cheers me up a bit...

And even though it cost me a few bucks... Joe Warren getting lit up by mini-Lombard is priceless...

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Good to know Jones won.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Joe Rogan pointed out something that may just be of significance. Possibly Jon Jones weakness is his legs. His legs are like toothpicks. If a fighter utilizes their kicking game and puts a hurtin on Jones legs that could be his "achilles heal" It's possible. nobody has been able to find a way to beat Jones now. His reach is his biggest gift. Also his lanky body combined with quickness makes him almost untouchable. Tonight he had Rampage chasing him throughout the octagon then he would capitalize on any miscue Jackson made. Jones is a very tactical fighter. Watching him during a fight is like watching a doctor in surgery. I think Rashad Evans could be the one to defeat Jones. Can't wait to see the rematch.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Rogan was obsessed with the leg-kicks again tonight! Was like Shogun vs Machida all over again!

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Joe Rogan pointed out something that may just be of significance. Possibly Jon Jones weakness is his legs. His legs are like toothpicks. If a fighter utilizes their kicking game and puts a hurtin on Jones legs that could be his "achilles heal" It's possible. nobody has been able to find a way to beat Jones now. His reach is his biggest gift. Also his lanky body combined with quickness makes him almost untouchable. Tonight he had Rampage chasing him throughout the octagon then he would capitalize on any miscue Jackson made. Jones is a very tactical fighter. Watching him during a fight is like watching a doctor in surgery. I think Rashad Evans could be the one to defeat Jones. Can't wait to see the rematch.
    The beatdown Jones is going to put on Rashad is going to be hilarious!

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post

Yeah I liked how did that, but do you think Rampage was maybe looking for a way out which might of helped?
    I'll watch again but on the first take it didn't look like it. I only say that because where Bones placed his right hand on the initial choke "attempt." He was practically begging Rampage to counter by pulling the hand down and then how fast Jones went palm to palm for the bulldog makes me think it was a setup the whole way.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

why do people talk about Jon Jones vs Rashad Evans being a rematch?? They have never fought...
    Last edited by xelance; 09-25-11 at 01:04 AM.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    why do people talk about Jon Jones vs Rashad Evans being a rematch?? They have never fought...get it straight.
    Your right. They haven't fought each other yet. I guess it's because they have a history. It's a well anticipated matchup and I think Rashad can beat Jones. If not beat him at least be competitive. Which no one else has been able to do.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Your right. They haven't fought each other yet. I guess it's because they have a history. It's a well anticipated matchup and I think Rashad can beat Jones. If not beat him at least be competitive. Which no one else has been able to do.
    I think it will be his toughest test yet, but he will beat the crap out of him just like the others. I dont think anyone will challenge him in LHW, he has to make the jump up to heavyweight, or Anderson Silva has to make the jump. Silva vs Jones would be even bigger than Silva vs GSP IMO...such similar styles, and extremely exciting.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    I think it will be his toughest test yet, but he will beat the crap out of him just like the others. I dont think anyone will challenge him in LHW, he has to make the jump up to heavyweight, or Anderson Silva has to make the jump. Silva vs Jones would be even bigger than Silva vs GSP IMO...such similar styles, and extremely exciting.
    Now that's a fight they need to make happen. Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva.

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

I wonder how Anderson Silva feels about not being Anderson Silva anymore.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

What?
    Points Awarded:

Chairib gave Poppa Catfish 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

As in, his role as reigning pseudo-mystical fighting champ has been taken over. He's clearly been eclipsed.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Great thing about living the insulated life, you don't pick up on those kind of things, you remain the pseudo-mystical fighting champ in your mind for years and years and years. Long past you actually being the pseudo mystical fighting champ.
    Points Awarded:

Chairib gave Poppa Catfish 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i disagreed with nunyabiness on vila`s stand-up..in the two videos i watched,he exhibited average stand-up and basically got his k.o.`s via g&p......

well,i was wrong....he smoked warren(with extreme prejudice...lol)..........obviously,two fights wasn`t an appropriate sample size.....

....my bad...

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Gawdamnit... just starting that fight on the DVR...and had Joe in a parlay...
    yep, like an idiot I had warren in almost every parlay, totally f'd me....

But like ill said, the next best outcome to losing those was seeing warren laid the fuckk out on the canvas like that

First ... 5678