koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

The thing with Sakara-McFedries was the ending was weird. Sakara like literally jumped on his back after he was dominating the standup. Can't find an active gif, since the fight is old. It was real suspect.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    The thing with Sakara-McFedries was the ending was weird. Sakara like literally jumped on his back after he was dominating the standup. Can't find an active gif, since the fight is old. It was real suspect.
    He got essentially knocked out with a punch that barely landed.

Not sure how people could continue to defend his chin after seeing that. Did I mention that Sakara also got stunned by punches from Joe Vedepo?

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    He got essentially knocked out with a punch that barely landed.

Not sure how people could continue to defend his chin after seeing that. Did I mention that Sakara also got stunned by punches from Joe Vedepo?
    Yeah. Personally, I'm shocked Sakara's chin is up for debate. It's something that I just assumed everyone accepted as fact, such as water is wet.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ladle

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Jorge is training in New mexico with Jacksons mma as we speak. If Jorge is healthy I think he wins this fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Jorge is training in New mexico with Jacksons mma as we speak. If Jorge is healthy I think he wins this fight.
    I doubt training with Jackson's is going to suddenly make Rivera have good footwork and head movement, but just having better preparation and reasonable power may still be enough to drop Sakara. I'll be playing Rivera by TKO/KO at +220 or better.

omalley21

Fight is off.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

WTF is wrong with Sakara, dude must of some serious health issue or just really doesnt wanna fight Rivera! Now Phillipou steps in!

koscheckbaby

Value bet on Rivera's opponent? Rivera is a slight step above a can, especially if his opponent has any wrestling ability. The Mediocre Count took him down like 10 times.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Value bet on Rivera's opponent? Rivera is a slight step above a can, especially if his opponent has any wrestling ability. The Mediocre Count took him down like 10 times.
    If it is Phillipou then I'd consider at +225 or better. He's comes from a boxing background, Bronze medalist in European Championships and Golden Gloves finalist, he's not gonna have a grappling advantage necessarily

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

They should move Pierce/Hendricks to main card or move that to SPIKE and Gustafsson/Hamill to main card. Guess they feel bad for Rivera though and dont wanna move him down.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

THought it was strange that Sakara's blogs suddenly stopped after doing one like every 3 days for past 6 weeks!

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    If it is Phillipou then I'd consider at +225 or better. He's comes from a boxing background, Bronze medalist in European Championships and Golden Gloves finalist, he's not gonna have a grappling advantage necessarily
    Thanks. Rivera has no heart. I really think this guy is worth a flyer in parlays.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Thanks. Rivera has no heart. I really think this guy is worth a flyer in parlays.
    What makes u think Rivera has no heart?!

koscheckbaby

Got TKO'd by The Mediocre Count. He just shelled up like a total pussy. He's done it before too. He can't overcome any adversity in the fight. That's why he's never lost by decision. He quits

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Got TKO'd by The Mediocre Count. He just shelled up like a total pussy. He's done it before too. He can't overcome any adversity in the fight. That's why he's never lost by decision. He quits
    hmmm I think it's more a physical thing than mental thing. Lets not forget that he got cracked by an illegal knee in tht fight, anybody who claims that that knee wouldn't hurt obviously has never been hit before.

koscheckbaby

sRivera's instinct when he is in trouble is to shell up and protect himself, instead of actually fighting back. He just really comes off a pussy. He gasses easily too. I don't know anything about his opponent, but he's got to have a shot. Rivera has only soundly beaten guys like Quarry, who stupidly chose to stand when he could have won easily on the ground, and Rob Kimmons, who seems pretty trashy.

omalley21

Jorge has heart. Trust me. He fought injured a few times in the past which account for some of his bad showings. You really need to chill with fighter bashing Kos. These guys are warriors.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Jorge has heart. Trust me. He fought injured a few times in the past which account for some of his bad showings. You really need to chill with fighter bashing Kos. These guys are warriors.
    He got TKO'd by Bisping. He's a pussy. He may be able to fight to a certain degree, but nobody worth a shit gets finished by Bisping. Hell, Bisping doesn't even try to finish good, non-pussy fighters, since he's scared to death of them hitting him(Hendo, Hamill, Leben, Wand, Akiyama) and choses to run from them for decision victories.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

wow sakara just pulled out. jesus christ.

I'm sure leben would take the fight on short notice, but I doubt they'll do that.

Trying to think who makes sense here.

koscheckbaby

Rivera isn't important enough for a late replacement of any substance. If they use Natal or his opponent, Rivera will have his hands full

koscheckbaby

I bet Pussy Story could take the fight on short notice, fight at 185, and TKO or sub Rivera in the 1st round. That's how mediocre Rivera is. Kampmann destroyed him. Ragdolled him for a takedown, some ground and pound, and a sub.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    wow sakara just pulled out. jesus christ.

I'm sure leben would take the fight on short notice, but I doubt they'll do that.

Trying to think who makes sense here.
    Already been confirmed that Phillipou is stepping in

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

He got TKO'd by Bisping. He's a pussy. He may be able to fight to a certain degree, but nobody worth a shit gets finished by Bisping. Hell, Bisping doesn't even try to finish good, non-pussy fighters, since he's scared to death of them hitting him(Hendo, Hamill, Leben, Wand, Akiyama) and choses to run from them for decision victories.
    Dude, you've just listed 5 fighters who are known for being extremely resilient and having solid chins. How many people TKO Hendo, Hamill, Leben or Akiyama, or even Dan Miller???

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Dude, you've just listed 5 fighters who are known for being extremely resilient and having solid chins. How many people TKO Hendo, Hamill, Leben or Akiyama, or even Dan Miller???
    True, but it can't be disputed that Bisping was totally scared of them, aside from Miller, who was the only fighter Bisping wasn't running from at points in the fight. Bisping looks scared to death of getting hit in there. I'm amazed at how nobody calls him out on that. It looked like he was pissing himself in the Leben fight, even while winning cleanly. He must have logged like 10 miles in that cage.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

True, but it can't be disputed that Bisping was totally scared of them, aside from Miller, who was the only fighter Bisping wasn't running from at points in the fight. Bisping looks scared to death of getting hit in there. I'm amazed at how nobody calls him out on that. It looked like he was pissing himself in the Leben fight, even while winning cleanly. He must have logged like 10 miles in that cage.
    Well yeah, I guess u either look at it as him being scared or being very smart. Unlike a lot of fighters he probably won't have dementia pugilistica when he's 60!

koscheckbaby

Well, it helps that he's still getting easy fights like Jorge Rivera and Mayhem Miller at this point in his career. I'd have him fight Hendo until he was braindead to make up for the fact he gets paid like a top fighter, despite not being close to one.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Alessio Sakara Out

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

They need to stop angering the MMA gods and forget about every trying to put this fight together.

koscheckbaby

With Bisping in mind, I checked Denis Kang's record. People used to be on his jock, but getting finished by Bisping always made me think the guy must be trash. Well, he got rear naked choked in less than 2 minutes by Jesse Taylor and TKO'd by some mediocre asian fighter recently. So, realistically, Bisping has NEVER finished a fighter worth a damn.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

With Bisping in mind, I checked Denis Kang's record. People used to be on his jock, but getting finished by Bisping always made me think the guy must be trash. Well, he got rear naked choked in less than 2 minutes by Jesse Taylor and TKO'd by some mediocre asian fighter recently. So, realistically, Bisping has NEVER finished a fighter worth a damn.
    Didn't Bisping get rocked in that fight with Kang as well?

Bisping is one of the most overrated guys in the UFC. He just keeps getting a few cans thrown his way and put in "main events" because he is a great draw for the Brits. He's lucky Sonnen wasn't avialable for TUF and just gets Miller instead.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    Didn't Bisping get rocked in that fight with Kang as well?

Bisping is one of the most overrated guys in the UFC. He just keeps getting a few cans thrown his way and put in "main events" because he is a great draw for the Brits. He's lucky Sonnen wasn't avialable for TUF and just gets Miller instead.
    Yep. Kang dropped him early in the first and the rest of the round was Kang trying fruitlessly to work his overrated BJJ, instead of making Bisping stand up hurt and go for the kill. Kang burned himself out and Bisping recovered. Kang gassed, Bisping overwhelmed him. Bisping got a lot of credit for that fight, but he was in big trouble against a fresh Kang and only won because Kang has no cardio and is love with working his BJJ. And as it turns out, Kang really isn't that good.

Chairib

lol

Chairib

Philippou

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fact Bisping TKO'd Kang doesn't really speak volumes about his ability to finish.

That said, Kang is legitimately skilled and would probably be a consistent top five middleweight if he had some semblance of physical/mental durability. Bit of a shame.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bisping is a beast. He's easily one of the best of all his time.

First 1234 Last