MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who's on-board for big plays on Cruz??? Other 132 plays?

Hey everyone,

I know there are already a grip of threads on this fight. Yet I would like to give my two cents and receive as much feedback as possible before I pull the trigger. I hope everyone can also give who they are picking (give breakdown and why), and if they like a large play on this fight (in particular, a large play on Cruz!). All replies appreciate and will help in my decision making, thanks!

I'm coming out and going to start this off with a very arguable statement - I think Cruz is the better wrestler. I think this is a pinnacle aspect in this fight. Cruz took down Pac 10 wrestler Jorgenson and Benavidez multiple times, and defended their tds superbly. Personally, I think Faber is Benavidez 2.0 I believe benavidez is the better fighter than faber - he is quicker, and more explosive on the ground. I think faber is stronger, but other than that I think benavidez is better everywhere. That being said, and not to use mma math, I think this asssertation is another indication that cruz will win this fight. If he could outstrike and outgrapple benavidez (albiet narrowly, I know that was a very competitive fight), I think he will do the same with faber. Furthermore, Ian Mcall and Valencia are good wrestlers (McCall especially) and Cruz handled them as well. In his first fight with Faber, Cruz shot in and got his neck caught in the crushing arms of faber asap... I don't see this happening again. I think Faber is better with subs and catching people in scrambles, but I don't think faber gets top control or gets an opportunity in a scramble unless dominich allows it.

Now in the striking department, I easily give Cruz the advantage. Yet Urijah is sneaking and often unorthodox in his strikes, and could surprise cruz here or there... note, 'here or there'. I think faber might land some leather, but it won't be near the connecting volume of Cruz. While I give Faber a huge power advantage on the feet, and while he has evolved some better head movement and footwork, it will not neutralize Cruz' striking rain dance. Cruz has the advantage in speed, which will be crucial in this fight. While urijah may have some surprises, and perhaps a better clinch/dirty boxing game, Cruz' elusiveness, fancy footwork/headmovement, and ability to change angles will prevail in the end. On top of that, Dominick has shown he is one of the best at changing levels and getting a powerful td. He sets up tds so so so smooth.... His quick movement and lighting quick striking allow him to throw opponents off guard and suddenly shoot in or clinch up for a trip without them knowing what hit them. I actually see cruz doing his rain dance and softening / tiring urijah in the first 3 rounds.. and to seal the deal I think he will incorporate tds in rounds 4 and 5 to catch faber off guard.

I have a hard time trying to figure urijah's strategy. Obviously one might think its to pressure cruz from the get go and not allow him to find his 'riddim' / gameplan. Close the distance, clinch, and keep cruz from dancing around and lighting you up. If possible, take him down in this close quarters and use smothering top control to keep him there and grind him out. Yet how applicable is this gameplan, or does urijah have something else in mind? Does he really think he can catch cruz on the feet? If he does try to initiate a clinch / ground war, I think faber will be unsucessful. I think dominick is too quick, has too good tdd, and also has the arguably better take downs / trips.

Lastly, I believe this is Cruz' time to shine, where faber is on a slow downward slope in his mma career. Don't take that to heart; I think faber will be a legit threat to all contenders at 135 and 145 for a while. I also hope I am not downplaying faber or giving him less credit than he deserves - against any other fighter I probably wouldn't think twice about betting against faber. I just think this is Cruz' time to shine. Faber had his era, now its Cruz' turn. Cruz is VERY hungry too. I know urijah is hungry and this is his chance to be the ufc champ, somehting he has dreamed of his whole life, and has fought long and hard to reach. But unfortunately not all dreams come true and I think Cruz will wake up Sunday morning with the gold around his waist. ANd most importantly, this fight stylistically favors Dominick. I can't think of a bettter style to defeat faber (well, Aldo I guess, but I almost think Dominick is a smaller version of aldo with less power but better wrestling).

If dominick stays disciplined, stays elusive like he always does, and doesn't let faber get off from the get-go, I think he will earn a dominating UD!

What do you guys think? What is your breakdown of this fight? Do you like a heavy str8 play on cruz??? What am I missing in my breakdown, where might I be wrong, and why?

Also--- I'm liking plays on Siver. I am not going to provide a breakdown, just see the other dude's thread (I think his username is shogun rua), where I provided a brief breakdown which was pretty much the same as TS'. How do you all like siver in this fight and why?

Also considering a small upset on Dos Anjos, and thinking about playing Njukuoni at -150. I think Njukuoni really shined against Barboza, and winner is not as technical, nor as powerful a puncher. I think he outstrikes winner in what should be a very exciting fight. Personally, I think Njukuoni is one of the best pure strikers in teh division.

Any other plays you guys REALLY like on this card???? As of right now I am only looking at a large str8 play on cruz, a moderate str8 play on siver, and small str8 plays on Njokuoni and RDA.

Thanks for reading the lenghty post, again all feedback is appreciated!!! GL and enjoy the show, I can't wait!!

I
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RivaTrader

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I'm on Cruz as well... though given the propensity for dumb judging and this being a 5 round fight; and since Urijah is somewhat of a coddled Zuffa posterboy... I'm advocating a hedge of Faber by split/majority decision which is paying over +1000 at the moment.

GL

MMAbetMASTA

Also thinking about a str8 play on Atrain over tavares...? What do you all think of this fight??? I've lost on Atrain before, so I am a bit hesitant as the guy does not have the best fight IQ and can gas. Yet I think his wrestling will be too much for brad, who has no formal wrestling background to my knowledge.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    Also thinking about a str8 play on Atrain over tavares...? What do you all think of this fight??? I've lost on Atrain before, so I am a bit hesitant as the guy does not have the best fight IQ and can gas. Yet I think his wrestling will be too much for brad, who has no formal wrestling background to my knowledge.
    I think he beats Tavares without too much incident. Simpson is a significantly better wrestler, can take a lick, and fights well even when fatiguing. Also, Tavares doesn't have the sturdiest chin in the world.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good breakdown.

I will also be big on Cruz. You might want to hit him by decision if you want some extra cash.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I think youre gonna have a great night on saturday. Im on the same. I would just say don't make too many bets. The best gamblers seem to pick 1 or 2 fights per card. Squares bet every fight. I like Cruz and Simpson most. If baroni had stuck to the gameplan he would've beat tavares.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    I think youre gonna have a great night on saturday. Im on the same. I would just say don't make too many bets. The best gamblers seem to pick 1 or 2 fights per card. Squares bet every fight. I like Cruz and Simpson most. If baroni had stuck to the gameplan he would've beat tavares.
    Thanks man, I hope so!

You're absolutely right about the excessive plays... Its funny you say that because I was just thinking the same thing. I normally stick to one or two big plays and that's it. But as of late I have played 3 or 4 fights per card and haven't had as good of returns (still haven't had a losing night though in a while!).

I think I am going to go large on cruz, and make a moderate play on either simpson or siver.

And I agree that baroni was on his way to a win before getting overzealous per se.

GL, hopefully we'll be cashing big!

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    I think he beats Tavares without too much incident. Simpson is a significantly better wrestler, can take a lick, and fights well even when fatiguing. Also, Tavares doesn't have the sturdiest chin in the world.
    simple yet solid insight, ladle. Thanks. Now that I am looking into this fight more, I really like it. The guy's tavares beat pre-ufc were horrendous with their records, and his fight with bacynzki seemed really close from the play by play I read. If bacynzki could get him down and control tavares at times, I think atrain can as well. Furthermore, like you said Atrain has a great chin and even when tired he hangs in there. Definintely liking simpson a lot now that I am thinking about it.

Also Ladle, you like a big play on cruz????
    Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 06-29-11 at 07:26 PM.

MMAbetMASTA

siver bet now in question...

While I still like siver to win this fight with wiman, I have been doing lots of research the past couple hours on this fight and I must say that I am not liking it as much. I still don't like a play on wiman, but I will say that I am less confident now in a play on siver.

If anything I might take atrain and cruz and stay away from this fight.

I keep telling myself siver can keep it upright on the feet, but he's been taken down by guys I think are lesser wrestlers than wiman. HOWEVER, outside of laynard, every time siver got taken down he was right back up within moments, and I don't think wiman has smothering top control. I'm just afraid that matt will suck him into a brawl, where siver's tech striking goes out the window and he turns this into a nasty clinch n haymaker fight, where wiman can also score points with random tds in scrambles/flurrys. Yet if siver stays disciplined and really sticks to a gamplan I think he should win this fight convincingly. Tough fight to call now that I am really thinkking deep about it......

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

simple yet solid insight, ladle. Thanks. Now that I am looking into this fight more, I really like it. The guy's tavares beat pre-ufc were horrendous with their records, and his fight with bacynzki seemed really close from the play by play I read. If bacynzki could get him down and control tavares at times, I think atrain can as well. Furthermore, like you said Atrain has a great chin and even when tired he hangs in there. Definintely liking simpson a lot now that I am thinking about it.

Also Ladle, you like a big play on cruz????
    I'm big on Cruz by decision at +170, and my thoughts on the fight echo a lot of what you mentioned in your analysis. Thinking of semi-hedging it with Faber to win out-right, or perhaps waiting for the fight and seeing what odds I can get for Faber during live in-play betting. Might be able to hedge at a nice price, or I might feel confident enough in Cruz to let it ride. We'll see what happens.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Horrible Breakdown lil dog/lil nutz!!!! Faber has got this easy, 1st round KO in dominating fashion. HAHA... No, on a serious note, I think Cruz takes this, but to make a huge play on him is too dangerous imo. Bet double the line max. Go with your guy man, you know what you are doing, don't doubt yourself. But, if you want my opinion, I think that fight is one that you don't touch, but it's too late for that, so good luck. I bet double the line on Siver yesterday at -140 and I am tripping on it. A lot of people are taking Wiman, ****! Go Siver!!!

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    Horrible Breakdown lil dog/lil nutz!!!! Faber has got this easy, 1st round KO in dominating fashion. HAHA... No, on a serious note, I think Cruz takes this, but to make a huge play on him is too dangerous imo. Bet double the line max. Go with your guy man, you know what you are doing, don't doubt yourself. But, if you want my opinion, I think that fight is one that you don't touch, but it's too late for that, so good luck. I bet double the line on Siver yesterday at -140 and I am tripping on it. A lot of people are taking Wiman, ****! Go Siver!!!
    It is too late, I've done stacked it!!! I honestly think he is gonna outclass faber, and the more I am thinking about it and researching, the more confident I feel. However this could be the first big one I lose and I'll really need to re-evaluate my confidence and gameplan for plays.

Siver should be good, but I still haven't decided on that one. I am still thinking about playing Atrain, but it will be either him or siver in the end as my secondary bet.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

I disagree that Cruz is the better wrestler but I do think he will get a takedown or two off of a quick counter to Fabers striking. If Faber gets a takedown I think it will be off of keeping Cruz on the cage then pulling him down. I also don't think Cruz is faster but I think he throws the more effective combos, mixing in kicks etc. I think Faber will be the stronger of the two but he has to catch Cruz to use it--overall I think it will be close and Faber will have the crowd on his side which might influence the idiot judges

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

good luck on sat

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

not betting the fight

MMAbetMASTA

UFC 132 PLAYS:

This is what I got, don't think I will be playing anymore. GOing big on cruz... Siver bet is my friend's bet (DIRTYX on here), but I am tempted to play siver myself. I would rather play a siver/wiman OTD, but that is -235 for me and too risky imo. Paid a price for GSOT/RDA OTD, but I think this will hit, although I am scared at paying $250 for that. Lastly, made the njokuoni last minute, so I am trippin on that one. As long as Cruz does his river dance I'll be up though, so either going to be a really really good night or a really really bad night and I'll be a broke ass SOB GL to EVERYONE!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! WAR WAND WAR CRUZ!!!!!

Ticket#:54388661
    Jul 02 11:10 PM
    INTERNET / -1Jun 30 12:46 AM
    MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2264] D CRUZ -140
    (U FABER vrs D CRUZ)

980 / 700
    Ticket#:54390704
    Jul 02 09:10 PM
    INTERNET / -1Jun 30 10:26 AM
    MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2288] D SIVER -140
    (M WIMAN vrs D SIVER)

280 / 200
    Ticket#:54440830
    Jul 02 08:15 PM
    INTERNET / -1Jul 02 05:14 PM
    MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2293] TOTAL o2½-250
    (DOS ANJOS/SOTIROPOULOS TOT RDS vrs DOS ANJOS/SOTIROPOULOS TOT RDS)

250 / 100
    Ticket#:54440960
    Jul 02 08:05 PM
    INTERNET / -1Jul 02 05:18 PM
    MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2298] TOTAL u2½+125
    (MIZUGAKI/BOWLES TOT RDS vrs MIZUGAKI/BOWLES TOT RDS)

50 / 63
    Ticket#:54441547
    Jul 02 07:00 PM
    INTERNET / -1Jul 02 05:46 PM
    MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2304] A NJOKUANI -150
    (A WINNER vrs A NJOKUANI)

150 / 100
    Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 07-02-11 at 05:04 PM.

MMAbetMASTA

132 Results:

INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54441547
    Jul 02 06:47 PM

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2304] A NJOKUANI -150

150 / 100

WIN
    WIN
    07/02/2011 05:46 PM INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54440960
    Jul 02 07:38 PM

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2298] TOTAL u2½+125

50 / 63

LOSE
    LOSE
    07/02/2011 05:18 PM INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54440830

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2293] TOTAL o2½-250

250 / 100

LOSE
    LOSE
    07/02/2011 05:14 PM INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54447890
    Jul 02 09:13 PM

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2272] C CONDIT -115
    (D H KIM vrs C CONDIT)

115 / 100

WIN
    WIN
    07/02/2011 08:21 PM INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54390704
    Jul 02 09:45 PM

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2288] D SIVER -140
    (M WIMAN vrs D SIVER)

280 / 200

WIN
    WIN
    06/30/2011 10:26 AM INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54388661
    Jul 02 10:50 PM

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2264] D CRUZ -140
    (U FABER vrs D CRUZ)

980 / 700

WIN
    WIN
    06/30/2011 12:46 AM INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54448042

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2265] TOTAL o4½-225
    (FABER/CRUZ TOT RDS vrs FABER/CRUZ TOT RDS)

225 / 100

WIN
    WIN
    07/02/2011 08:34 PM

I hope everyone had a great night tonight, cheers and much love to you all (I'm kinda f'd up haha, but very happy!). I really appreciate the feedback I get in here, no doubt these wins are a result of all your info and insight. Cheers

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

132 Results:

INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54441547
    Jul 02 06:47 PM

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2304] A NJOKUANI -150

150 / 100

WIN
    WIN
    07/02/2011 05:46 PM INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54440960
    Jul 02 07:38 PM

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2298] TOTAL u2½+125

50 / 63

LOSE
    LOSE
    07/02/2011 05:18 PM INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54440830

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2293] TOTAL o2½-250

250 / 100

LOSE
    LOSE
    07/02/2011 05:14 PM INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54447890
    Jul 02 09:13 PM

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2272] C CONDIT -115
    (D H KIM vrs C CONDIT)

115 / 100

WIN
    WIN
    07/02/2011 08:21 PM INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54390704
    Jul 02 09:45 PM

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2288] D SIVER -140
    (M WIMAN vrs D SIVER)

280 / 200

WIN
    WIN
    06/30/2011 10:26 AM INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54388661

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2264] D CRUZ -140
    (U FABER vrs D CRUZ)

980 / 700

WIN
    WIN
    06/30/2011 12:46 AM INTERNET / -1Ticket #: 54448042

MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2265] TOTAL o4½-225
    (FABER/CRUZ TOT RDS vrs FABER/CRUZ TOT RDS)

225 / 100

WIN
    WIN
    07/02/2011 08:34 PM

I hope everyone had a great night tonight, cheers and much love to you all (I'm kinda f'd up haha, but very happy!). I really appreciate the feedback I get in here, no doubt these wins are a result of all your info and insight. Cheers
    Gd job