koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I F'ing Knew The Master Bader Wasn't That Good

I've been arguing here the guy kind of sucks. He struggled badly with Eric Schafer and Keith Jardine. Seriously, who struggles with them on a high level? And fought like a total pussy against Nog and Bones.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

From now on, he will only be known by me as The Master Bader. You were right koscheckbaby. You were right.

Oh yeah, I think Rocky needs to be on suicide watch as of now.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Jon Jones scared the fight out of him.

won around 100 points on tito, haha.
    Last edited by illmatick; 07-02-11 at 08:45 PM.

koscheckbaby

I'm pissed. I lost 9 dollars by including him parlays at the behest of my SBR brothers. I saw no value at that line and put it in anyways

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    Jon Jones scared the fight out of him.
    He fought like a scared pussy against Rogerio, I don't care what anyone says. His strategy was basically takedowns without fighting on the ground and standup without actually committing to strikes and risk actually exchanging.

timmyboy34243
    eaglesphan
    timmyboy34243's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17360

rocked by jones and now tito, seemingly fighters go out easier after the 1st time. is he done already???

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Whatever dude, you make a lot of outrageous claims. A broken clock is right twice a day.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    Whatever dude, you make a lot of outrageous claims. A broken clock is right twice a day.
    What's your problem?

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    He fought like a scared pussy against Rogerio, I don't care what anyone says. His strategy was basically takedowns without fighting on the ground and standup without actually committing to strikes and risk actually exchanging.
    yup, I had a small play on lil nog there. Scored it a draw myself but if anyone deserved a win it was Nog.

TheGovernor11
    TheGovernor11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 215

Granted he's not that good but Tito has been god awful the past 5+ years. This was an anomaly in a similar fashion to Serra beating GSP. They fight 100 times, Bader wins at least 85 of them.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovernor11 View Post
    Granted he's not that good but Tito has been god awful the past 5+ years. This was an anomaly in a similar fashion to Serra beating GSP. They fight 100 times, Bader wins at least 85 of them.
    Bader hasn't earned that respect. He struggled bad with Eric Schafer. He has YET to be impressive in the UFC since winning TUF.

bogbat

What's your problem?
    A lot of your posts both here and in the tennis forums bug me to be honest.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

I've been arguing here the guy kind of sucks. He struggled badly with Eric Schafer and Keith Jardine. Seriously, who struggles with them on a high level? And fought like a total pussy against Nog and Bones.
    I genuinely think that tonight was more about the fact that Tito did not want his career to end, that nobody took him seriously, or has since 06, and he didn't want to Liddell or Couture his way out of the sport.

either way, I'm glad I stayed away from Bader altogether

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I HATE Tito... But he hasn't been as bad as his record suggest ... He almost beat Machida, the Draw against Rashad, the split decision against Forrest .... All 3 were recent title holders ... The loss to Hamill was his only real bad showing

koscheckbaby

Yeah. I thought he could beat Hamill and he lost soundly. I guess that's why he was written off

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

tito hasn't won in a long time and everyone knew he was always getting injured in training. i think i vastly overestimated bader rather than underestimate tito.

machida vs tito rematch would not be anywhere as close as the first match.

bogbat

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    tito hasn't won in a long time and everyone knew he was always getting injured in training. i think i vastly overestimated bader rather than underestimate tito. machida vs tito rematch would not be anywhere as close as the first match.
    Tito doesn't deserve that rematch with just one win. Hope it doesn't happen.

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

i just got home and haven't checked all of the results yet but i thought for sure ortiz career was finished after tonight.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

yup, cost me a 3 and 4 fight parlay

Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Couldn't believe Tito won. Thankfully I didn't invest much in Bader.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

oh he sucks too,

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

I like the thread title

The problem is in MMA that if you get caught in the chin, thats what happens. They always have that chance

Camdemonium
    Camdemonium's Avatar Become A Pro!

Actually I think it was all mental. If you watch when the fighters are entering, Tito is pumped, Bader looks very tenative to me. Same with Leben - Silva. Leben was jacked and looked in great shape. I think Bader comes back but he needs a psychologist not a better conditioning program. You have to admit the guy has all the tools.

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah kos you nailed it in your earlier assessments before the fight. I did like Bader to win but the line was so bad I didn't touch it at all.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Now he's overrated? Ryan got caught, it happens to the best and worst of them. And in MMA where there's no standing 8 count, it only takes one punch, slip, or mistake, that will not only give one fighter a huge advantage but possibly allow him to end the fight right then and there.

Off the top of my head I can think of a couple of fights where this has happened: Oriz vs Mezger, GSP vs Serra I, Griffen vs Jardine, Shogun vs Machida II, Riggs vs Swick, and Kimbo Slice vs Petruzelli.

The game is Chess not Checkers.

koscheckbaby

I won't lie. I had Bader in a couple small parlays and did get talked into him. I mean, I never thought highly of Bader, as I mentioned in detail before. But Tito's loss to Hamill was a joke. Hamill's wrestling has looked like shit in MMA and he got Tito down with ease. This result was a surprise, but not a complete shocker

Jabstab
    Jabstab's Avatar Become A Pro!

So I take it you took Tito SU and killed it then?

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

I won't lie. I had Bader in a couple small parlays and did get talked into him. I mean, I never thought highly of Bader, as I mentioned in detail before. But Tito's loss to Hamill was a joke. Hamill's wrestling has looked like shit in MMA and he got Tito down with ease. This result was a surprise, but not a complete shocker
    Wait why are you even talking about Hamill here...You're really not trying to judge the skill level of one fighter from observations taken from a completely different fight involving two other guys?

Also this nonsense about Tito's loss to Hamill being a joke? You're just trying to pass off your opinion as fact here. The same goes for this assertion Hamill's wrestling has looked like shit in MMA, this is your arbitrary judgement and I don't care how you feel about something.

It's a simplistic and vague blanket statement about the discipline of wrestling and a fighter's relative skill level in it. Wrestling involves takedowns, clinch work, sprawling, as well as scrambling, and basic position knowledge. Moreover the context is wrestling as it applies to MMA, so you've completely missed the fact every fighter needs to incorporate all of his disciplines together in order to succeed today.

"Looked like shit" tells me that a lot of things you see on the screen have gone completely over your head. But then again, you do use another vague word "overrated" to describe fighters, so I guess it's not too surprising. Why don't you use term "black belt level" to vaguely describe someone else's skills, it'll be like you hit the trifecta of meaningless rhetoric.

Matt has been guilty of not committing to certain techniques in some of his fights, but his fight with Tito certainly wasn't one of them. Every fighter has a gameplan, and every gameplan will be specifically crafted to how he matches up with the other fighter, and only that other fighter. A fighter's wrestling, BJJ, striking, how much or little he uses them has already been determined. There was a specific strategy Matt used so he was able to take down Tito in their fight and guess what? It involved his wrestling skill, go figure.

Regardless, Tito's fight with Ryan didn't even make it past round one and we didn't get a chance to even see what Bader's actual gameplan was. That's the nature of MMA, it can end in a blink of an eye precisely because of the numerous ways to finish an opponent. The time it takes to finish a match could have something to do with the skill levels of the fighters involved, but it could just as easily not.

Also the manner how Tito won this fight was shocking. It is his first win since October of 2006 and it's only the second time in his entire MMA career that he won a fight by submission. Moreover, the fact he got the better in the stand up against Ryan and actually knocked him down with a punch? That's huge. Look at Tito's entire fight history, he's never ever won like this.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

He got caught by a big punch which can happen to anyone.

bogbat

Quote Originally Posted by Varker View Post
    He got caught by a big punch which can happen to anyone.
    The punch itself didn't seem all that powerful, he may have been able to stay on his feet if he had his feet positioned better.

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-15-15 at 02:20 PM. Reason: image does not exist

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

bader's loss amazes me. there really are no locks in mma.

i cant see how tito beats bader but loses to hamill. shrug.

glad to see tito make his comeback though

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Everyone at their training camp sucks, except for Velasquez.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Bader got blasted by Tito. I think the real thing is Tito is better than most people give him credit for. At least these days.

NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I love how tons of people on here are acting like they expected this outcome, or that it did not shock them. Bader is overrated now? I bet if they fought again Bader would still be the favorite, and would win. Tito took advantage of an opportunity and landed a good shot, that's all.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Bader is not overrated... he's not a phenomenal fighter by any means, but he still wins over Tito 4/5 times at least.
    I was big on a Bader/Guilard parlay and this outcome was disappointing... but that's what makes this sport exciting.
    No locks... never count anyone out at any time. I'll happily bet on Bader again in his next fight, hoping he gets a nice line.

12 Last