lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post

Damn Lasker. That's heartbreaking. I remember earlier this year when one of your mega parlays was blown by Fedor. Extremely unlucky.

How many of these parlays do you make per event?
    Yeah, that Fedor loss to Bigfoot remains my most painful betting memory to date, busted the $10k homerun parlay. Fedor's always been my favorite fighter but that was just devastating. I remember getting super nervous just before the fight started and feeling that Fedor was going to lose, and then that second round was like torture to watch.

The number of parlays I play depends on the event. for this event that was the most expensive parlay I played but I had fourteen serious parlays in total, most of them between $10 and $50 aside from a $100 two-team parlay of Leben by TKO and Cruz by decision which saved my night and kept me in the green. I also had a few $1-$5 longshot parlays. I play too many parlays but starting now I'm getting more serious about BR management.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by lasker; 07-03-11 at 04:00 PM.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lasker View Post
    Yeah, that Fedor loss to Bigfoot remains my most painful betting memory to date, busted the $10k homerun parlay. Fedor's always been my favorite fighter but that was just devastating. I remember getting super nervous just before the fight started and feeling that Fedor was going to lose, and then that second round was like torture to watch.
    Dude, I was devastated just reading about it. If I remember rightly, you did put some money on Bigfoot?

The number of parlays I play depends on the event. for this event that was the most expensive parlay I played but I had fourteen serious parlays in total, most of them between $10 and $50 aside from a $100 two-team parlay of Leben by TKO and Cruz by decision which saved my night and kept me in the green. I also had a few $1-$5 longshot parlays.
    I'v always thought the "loads of parlays" approach was a very interesting betting strategy. Might be something I experiment with on some events in the future. How profitable has it been for you in the long run?

lasker

Dude, I was devastated just reading about it. If I remember rightly, you did put some money on Bigfoot?

I'v always thought the "loads of parlays" approach was a very interesting betting strategy. Might be something I experiment with on some events in the future. How profitable has it been for you in the long run?

yeah I hedged on Bigfoot but not enough... came out with around $2 grand which (I'm embarrassed to admit) didn't quite make up for earlier losses.

The all/most-parlay approach has not been profitable at all, because in the beginning I was very reckless and not following the advice I was giving others on my own thread. My own thread was killing it but I was losing a lot of money in real life by missing huge parlays by just one or two bets. I recommend you keep doing what you're doing, especially since it's working so well for you.

What hurt me was the fact that I kept getting so close, so I assumed that eventually I would have to hit one of these huge parlays. But it hasn't happened and there's no reason to expect anything different next time. Keep most of your bets as straight up bets and include a few parlays for fun. But learn from my mistakes: I wouldn't go big on anything over a three-team parlay. As Ortiz-Bader shows yet again, there are no locks.

That's my two cents anyway.
    Last edited by lasker; 07-03-11 at 04:12 PM.

Ladle

Not profitable at all, because in the beginning I was very reckless and not following the advice I was giving others on my own thread. My own thread was killing it but I was losing a lot of money by missing huge parlays by just one or two bets. I recommend you keep doing what your doing, especially since it's working so well for you.

What hurt me was the fact that I kept getting so close, so I assumed that eventually I would have to hit one of these huge parlays. But it hasn't happened and there's no reason to expect anything different next time. Keep most of your bets as straight up bets and include a few parlays for fun. But learn from my mistakes: I wouldn't go big on anything over a three-team parlay. As Ortiz-Bader shows us yet again, there are no locks.

That's my two cents anyway.
    Appreciate the advice. I guess seeing someone come so close to scoring on these homerun parlays is what really entices me. Which, incidentally, is probably the same kind of attitude which allows the bookies to continue doing great business.

I do think certain types of parlays can be lucrative in the long run though (as long as you're not betting on a card which ends up being particularly unpredictable, like 132). I've had some decent success parlaying two or three sound, deserving favourites, and then throwing in a live dog for a four-teamer with a good payout.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Glad i didnt make any plays on Bader.

Great night for me. Over $850 profit.

lasker

Appreciate the advice. I guess seeing someone come so close to scoring on these homerun parlays is what really entices me. Which, incidentally, is probably the same kind of attitude which allows the bookies to continue doing great business.

I do think certain types of parlays can be lucrative in the long run though (as long as you're not betting on a card which ends up being particularly unpredictable, like 132). I've had some decent success parlaying two or three sound, deserving favourites, and then throwing in a live dog for a four-teamer with a good payout.
    yeah i agree, it can be profitable you just have to choose them wisely as you say. and not go overboard with them like me. Going into it I thought 132 was a very predictable card compared to most, but I was in for two parlay-busting surprises when Bader and Wiman lost.

Ladle

yeah i agree, it can be profitable you just have to choose them wisely as you say. and not go overboard with them like me. Going into it I thought 132 was a very predictable card compared to most, but I was in for two parlay-busting surprises when Bader and Wiman lost.
    I agree. I thought it was going to be a great night. As you can see from my bets, I was really banking on Wiman and Bader pulling through as well (or at least Bader making it to the scorecards ). Kim getting his head taken off before I had a chance to hedge with Condit after the first round didn't help either.

First 12